PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Shrimp

rockrat
09-30-2017, 09:41 PM
Wife was going to make baked potatoes and wondering about what to have with it. I was watching triple D last night and saw a part on asian food and saw a shrimp dish.

Wife didn't want asian, so decided to try a cajun bent. Cooked some bacon and saved three strips uncooked. Tore into pieces and put in the skillet with the bacon "bits" from cooking the bacon. Browned some then added the shrimp (precooked, all we had in the freezer) and heated till hot. Added some Tony Cacheres extra spice seasoning and stirred, then added some more. Simmered for a few minutes. Dang , that was good shrimp.

Had some cocktail sauce with mine. Pretty good eating with the baked potato. Had some "drippings left and tried with a last bite or two of the potato, not too shabby either.

No pics, didn't last long enough for pics:)

jeepguy242
09-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Try wrapping them with the bacon on a skewer and grill them. Just before you take them off the grill drizzle them with honey

Landy88
10-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Jeepguy242 beat me to it on the wrapped and grilled recomendation, but I stay spicy with chipotle powder.

Recommendations, aside; yours reads like a very tasty skillet of shrimp.

daniel lawecki
10-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Philly cream cheese diced hot pepper finely chopped mix . Spread in butterfly shrimp wrap with bacon grill.

MaryB
10-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Raw shrimp, cooked off bacon and the fat, butter, cajun seasoning, shrimp boil, dried mustard all mixed in a pan then baked. Peel and eat, french bread on the side to sop up the butter sauce...

DCP
10-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Some good ideas here

Shumkles
10-15-2017, 11:01 PM
I got to stop reading this forum, It always makes me hungry.

DCP
10-16-2017, 08:52 AM
I got to stop reading this forum, It always makes me hungry.

I have gained 40 lb since joining the forum! So be careful

David2011
10-18-2017, 11:59 PM
My bacon wrapped shrimp recipe starts with dry Jamaican jerk seasoning, honey and rum marinade with a little lime juice in it. I soak the shrimp in it a few hours. The bacon gets cooked about half way before wrapping it around 10-15 count peeled shrimp. The bacon finishes cooking along with the shrimp on a charcoal grill. I baste it with the leftover marinade. It's spicy!

Lloyd Smale
10-19-2017, 08:36 AM
that I will try!!
Philly cream cheese diced hot pepper finely chopped mix . Spread in butterfly shrimp wrap with bacon grill.

Lance Boyle
10-23-2017, 06:37 PM
I had bacon wrapped shrimp grilled with a swipe of standard hickory BBQ sauce. It was great.

DCP
10-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Shrimp is fantastic any way you cook it

Mtnfolk75
10-25-2017, 05:35 PM
Shrimp is fantastic any way you cook it

This times 1000 :drinks:

We have small family Mexican Restaurant in my hometown, they have the BEST Shrimp Enchiladas I've ever sampled. SWMBO and I had dinner there last night with my childhood Bud & his wife, he was Best Man at our wedding 42 years ago next Wednesday. Sorry for the Thread Drift .... I got all caught up in remembering them Shrimp Enchiladas [smilie=1: