PDA

View Full Version : The wave of the future.

Jimlakeside
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Lead free wheel weights - a sad story.

http://www.leadfreewheels.org/

randyrat
08-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Lies, deceit, ingnorance go unchecked in this information. Very few WWs are ever lost on the road ways, even if they were lost off a vehicle who's to say they would cause any problem. They are going on recovered/recycled WWs from contracts which is impossible to prove the numbers. I'm sick an tired of numbers & so called facts that someone pulled out of their A##....... They don't tell you how much more energy it takes to melt the " SO CALLED SAFE" WW alloy such as zink,steal, ect... Green used to be my favorite color, not anymore now that its a damn marketing tool to keep 10% of the gooffy population buying their products.

Bad Karma
08-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm of the opinion that it's more propoganda. I heard a long time ago that lead was going to be re-classified as a strategic metal. As such was to be not for sale to the public since boolits are made from it... I'm gathering all the lead I can get my paws on.

felix
08-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Depleted uranium is plentiful and will soon be even more so. This stuff makes a very superior projectile because of its unit weight (specific gravity). ... felix

Bill*
08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
HMMMMM....(QUOTE)"Require replacement of lead wheel weights for passenger vehicles and light trucks with lead-free alternatives beginning January 1, 2008, for state-owned vehicles, January 1, 2009 for all used vehicles registered in Washington state, and January 1, 2010, for all new vehicles registered in Washington state."(ENDQUOTE)
If I lived in WA. I'd get W/W pliers and remove everybodies I know (or weren't watching me..hehehe) before they go in for replacement. But that would just be a short term help. WHAT'S NEXT?...... Ban X-rays to eliminate the Drs. office shielding?
Maybe I shouldn't give em ideas!
Hello Felix--Any idea how much heavier? 1%,10%,50%??? (roughly?)

DLCTEX
08-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Isn't lead actually depleted Uranium? DALE

felix
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Yes, completely depleted uranium. The military can get all they want in any state of decay they want. Making bullets would be no problem for them. They don't need OUR lead. ... felix

JohnH
08-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Yeah, one of the facts that the so called greens don't talk about is just how environmentally unfriendly Mother Nature is. Sometimes I think we need another 5 mile meteor or the ocean to burp a super methane gas bubble to cleanse the cleanse the currnet gene pool of it's idiocy. Ridiculous to think that is is some how ok for some thing like that to occur but a horror of horrors to use lead in shot for duck hunting. When are these whackos going to realize that humans are part of the environment too, and that it is our nature to use the materials that nature has provided to do the things we do?

Lead pollution is a minor part of the problem we face environmentally, but one that has been given an official boogie man status, making it an easy target for the greens; thus making those who attack it look better amoung their peers... a way of doing nothing while appearing to others you are doing something....ooh, a circle jerk....

Salmon-boy
08-10-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm almost convinced that aliens, allergic to lead, have taken over the governments of Massachusetts and California, spreading out from there.. Blaming the lack of educational issues on the detrimental effects of minute quantities of lead exposure of children is akin to blaming global warming on Al Gore.

Some people just need to pick a cause to make their life mean something, regardless of the meaning of the cause.

With the scare of products from China containing lead causing knee jerk reactions has anybody thought about how many people are actually chewing on christmas tree lights? Give me a break, with all the hype about lead exposure, it's surprising that anyone ever made it out of the Roman empire!

dwtim
08-10-2008, 12:53 PM
The hysteria surrounding lead isn't supported by mortality data; there are very few documented cases of lethal lead poisoning--compared to, say, the dangers inherent in experiments with gravity. Once we got it out of children's mouths, we removed a major factor of the danger of lead.

Wheels weights are a non-issue for me. A decent chunk of taxpayer change has been spent studying the supposed dangers of metallic lead on or near the surface, only to discover that it doesn't get around much. They could have saved a ton of trouble and interviewed an scrounger who picks up range scrap. Every lead bullet I've ever found in the ground was encased in a hard mineral shell that could not be removed through washing, and required effort to remove even with a steel knife.

Sort of makes you wonder about the motivation behind it, doesn't it?

Woodsroad
08-10-2008, 01:04 PM
The motivtion is clear: The companies producing and selling the lead-free WW are behind this. Follow the money! I'll bet the trail leads from the zinc industry to the politicians re-election campaign accounts.

z

OeldeWolf
08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I was born in this state back in the late 50's. Being in a military eamily, I moved all around, but came back here because of an aged mother.

In the time since I came back, I have seen them destroy the state's ecomomy by driving out its industrial base, and practically importing huge quantities of illegal aliens. I have also seen them deliberately attract a huge population of welfare people and other indigent persons.

The county I live in has 75% of its population dependant upon the government. As a result, the personal and business taxes are outrageous, and they are constantly increasing the fines and fees for everything in an effort to support their vast "idiot herd."

But they need this herd of idiots to stay in power, and be able to convince a majority to go along with their various idiocies. Like lead bans, failing to correctly manage the game herds, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

If the economy was not so dead, I would be actively looking to transplant all of us to some state with a better social and legal atmosphere.

exile
08-10-2008, 07:55 PM
It seems to me that this is just part of the effort to do an end run around the Second Amendment by pricing ammunition out of reach, closing public lands to hunting, closing shooting ranges due to unsupported claims of lead poisoning, efforts to regulate reloading components etc.,. Liberals cannot stand anything that they cannot regulate (e.g., reloading, private ownership of land, the family farm,)

targetshootr
08-10-2008, 09:37 PM
the personal and business taxes are outrageous, and they are constantly increasing the fines and fees for everything in an effort to support their vast "idiot herd.".
Oh good, politics.

Corporate taxes in the early 60's were around 75% and we were humming along just fine back then. Today they don't pay anywhere near that and if that's not enough they get tax breaks whenever they send our jobs overseas to people making $1 a day.

Today, corporations don't sell products as much as they sell loans at huge interest rates which they then bundle up and sell to third parties. That kind of government financed loan sharking is why Fannie May and Freddi Mac are going down the tubes. At taxpayers expense, of course, while the fat cats who bribed Congress into using a hands-off approach are smiling all the way to the bank.

The least patriotic people in this country are corporations. They don't see us as customers, they see us as another resource to be exploited.

Whew. Better now.

:castmine: