PDA

View Full Version : NM Blackhawk rear sight blade replacement?

hc18flyer
09-28-2017, 09:31 AM
Is ther any reason I can't replaxce it myself? Read somewhere that a Gunsmith should, does it require fitting? Thanks, hc18flyer

BOSCHLOPER
09-28-2017, 08:37 PM
I have replaced both the blade and the whole rear sight assembly. Not hard at all. Both are available from Midway or Brownells.

contender1
09-29-2017, 09:59 AM
The rear blade replacement isn't hard. There is a spring,,, behind the blade, that when you replace it with a new blade, you have to compress,, IF,,, your replacement blade has the little tit detent that has to slide into the tiny slot at the top of the base. Brownells used to sell a tool just to allow easy replacement for the older models like this. If yours has the slot & tit, then a slim jewelers screwdriver can work in a pinch. You have to compress the spring to allow the tip of the replacement blade to get into the center of the spring, all while getting it to slip into the slot.
If you have a later model blade, w/o the tiny slot, or tit, then it's actually pretty straight forward. Unscrew the adjustment screw & remove. Remove the rear blade out the side. Make sure the spring stays in the hole. Insert the new blade, and add the screw. Simple.

hc18flyer
10-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Thanks, got-her-did last weekend. Frustrating getting everything lined up and back together. Tom