PDA

View Full Version : Pet prayer request

Boaz
09-25-2017, 06:46 PM
OK this is a first for me , although I have prayed for others pets I never asked for prayer myself . If you can mention Hershey in your prayers . He came from a shelter and belonged to a lady with Alzheimer's in a rest home . When she could no longer take care of him he was old and no one wanted him . So guess who took him ...yea me .

I take all three of my dogs to the shop every day and they just lay around waiting for someone to show up with a burger sack at noon . Hershey started coughing about 2 this evening and blood pouring out of his nose and mouth , happened all at once .I tried to access him but could not figure out what the heck was happening . Took him to the vet , they thought one or two of his teeth had gotten loose and punctured his sinuses . He was barely able to breathe choking on blood . There was no time to knock him out so I held him and the vet pulled the teeth .

They want to keep him overnight to monitor him . I called back at 5 and they said the bleeding had slowed but might have to give him blood . I still keep him registered at the nursing home and take him to see this lady though she doesn't remember him anymore . He is the dumbest dog I ever had , he is totally devoid of a brain but is affectionate and follows me everywhere .

He is the one on the far left .

https://i.imgur.com/QGiFCHZ.jpg

Pine Baron
09-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Aw, Praying for Hershey, poor little guy. Charlie, you are blessed with a big heart, you ole softy.

BNE
09-25-2017, 08:02 PM
It always amazes me how much love these critters give us. I just got in from playing with my dogs. Saying a prayer for Hershey.

GhostHawk
09-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Casey and I are both praying for him Charlie!

aspangler
09-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Praying for Hershey. My niece made a comment about dogs today that I will share.
She said that a dog has unconditional love for us. We may whip or otherwise discipline a dog and it will still come to you and give you love. If a dog can do this, How much more did Jesus love us? We mistreat Him by our disobedience but He still forgives us and love us unconditionally.

Boaz
09-26-2017, 09:02 PM
I thank you for your prayers . Vet said he is better and might get him tomorrow . He is weak but the bleeding stopped , him being old they wanted to keep him quiet and are giving him shots to keep the bleeding from starting again (don't know what kind of shots ) . Prayer is working . Thank you !

Pine Baron
09-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Praying for the little guy, at least until he gets home to his buds.

Boaz
09-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Prayer is a gift , if you do not use it then it is wasted . We CAN make a difference .

Matthew 7;7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 21;7-8

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Beagle333
09-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Prayers for Hershey. .... even from a cat guy. I hope he gets well soon.

Artful
09-27-2017, 12:19 AM
Praying for Hershey - shots are probably vitamin K to help clotting - you might mix a little dark leafy (spinach works well) in with his food when he comes home.

Boaz
09-27-2017, 07:31 AM
That's actually a good idea Artful ! And believe it or not I made collard greens yesterday ...still got some left over . Thank you .

Lloyd Smale
09-27-2017, 07:43 AM
I might be the exception but Id sooner pray for a dog as I would a lot of people I know. I will definitely say one for your little guy. I don't think anywhere in nature does God put more love into a living thing then he does a dog.

Boaz
09-27-2017, 07:48 PM
The vet let me pick Hershey up this evening . He acts tired but ate good , got antibiotics to give him for 10 days and vet said to keep him quiet. I want to thank everyone again for asking for help for him , he is still with us . He is sleeping in a chair next to me , I woke him up to take this picture and he's already back to sleep .

https://i.imgur.com/X3UdRp7.jpg

Pine Baron
09-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Glad he's home. What cutie pie. He needs a kissy right on that head of his.

GhostHawk
09-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Good news is good to hear!

Artful
09-27-2017, 09:09 PM
Hang in there Hersey - eat your greens

Boaz
09-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Gave him some with canned dog food , all my dogs like greens...I put a lot of bacon in em .

Lloyd Smale
09-28-2017, 07:42 AM
give him a kiss on the head for me.