PDA

View Full Version : Miroku 1886 and Lyman 66 WB receiver sight

Gunlaker
09-23-2017, 01:30 PM
Hi,

My new production "Deluxe Case Hardened" 1886 finally arrived. It is already drilled and tapped for a receiver sight, but I want to make sure that the hole size/spacing is correct for the Lyman 66 WB before ordering one.

Has anyone tried a Lyman 66 WB on a Miroku built 1886 that was factory drilled and tapped? Did it fit? :-)

thanks,

Chris.

pietro
09-23-2017, 05:18 PM

It will fit.

Gunlaker
09-23-2017, 06:47 PM
thanks.

Chris.

Bad Ass Wallace
09-24-2017, 05:02 PM
I have a new Lyman 66WB fitted to my Pedersoli '86 in 45/70, and to say I am very dissapointed with the quality of it would be an understatement. In order to get some semblance of stability I have had to fit 0.010" shimming brass behind the vertical slide which has taken most of the vertical & horizontal play away. I contacted Lyman about the quality and suggested I return the sight for a replacement, however they replied that they no longer manufacture the 66WB sight and therefore could not replace it.

BTW, the version I have is all soft aluminium alloy, if anyone can recommend a supplier of an all steel version . . . . . . . .

Good morning Eric,
Unfortunately it has been many years since we manufactured a 66W sight. We do not currently offer a sight for an 1886 Pedersoli, and we cannot repair out of production sights. I recommend taking it back to the place you bought it from.
Best Regards,
Customer Service

Old-Win
09-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Look for an older used all steel Lyman or Redfield on eBay. I know you both do not live in the United States so don't know if you can get those in your country through the mail or not. I bought a Redfield with target knobs and had a base made for my model 71 Winchester. It should fit the 86 Winchester and work just the same. I use mine to 300 yards. Very repeatable

mw30cal
12-26-2017, 12:45 PM
New Lymans ....not heard much good

flint45
01-03-2018, 01:01 PM
New Lymans are not very good look for a old all steel one ,that is what I do they are so much better. If you can afford them look up Dw battle sights they are very high quality and they make them for leverguns to.