PDA

View Full Version : Help me listen Lord

Boaz
09-18-2017, 08:41 AM
Lord draw close to me and help me . Guide me , give me strength , guidance and patience . Help me to listen to the spirit , to avoid the distractions of this world . Lord I know that what you guide me in is only a fraction of greater works not mine to understand . Please temper and use me Lord . Amen

Pine Baron
09-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Amen.

rl69
09-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Amen!

square butte
09-18-2017, 07:31 PM
and Amen

buckwheatpaul
09-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Charlie, it is commonly known that little is learned by talking but much is learned by listening....great post and I thank you for it....Paul

Boaz
09-18-2017, 08:41 PM
So many times ..so many times I am distracted . My preconceptions , the noise around me ,my own standards of judgement , my own failings , the noise around me , my experience with others that have failed me , my assumption of social norms , the noise around me , my personal success over failings , the noise around me , my raising , what I know to be finite , my feelings The noise around me ,.............. . If I do not pause , if I do not lay it down I will fail . I understand yet still hear the noise around me .

I pray to lay it down . To listen .

GhostHawk
09-18-2017, 08:44 PM
and AMEN!

USMC87
09-19-2017, 06:39 AM
Amen, I can relate 100%.

Blackwater
09-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Amen, Boaz! I keep re-learning that my pre-conceived notions are often the biggest barrier to greater understanding of others, and myself as well. And they CAN even mask the realities of our Lord, as well, if we lock into a single view of Him. He's FAR too great to be encapsulated into a brief, terse description! When I lay down my notions, and just go looking for the simple Truth, I do my best "thinking" and "perceiving," and receive my best epiphanies. Ain't it funny how that works? All I have to do is drop my own thoughts, and just open up to those of my Lord, and .... bingo! There's yet another tidbit of Truth, just fallen into my lap, more or less! The world doesn't always work the way we think it does, or want it to, or according to certain "rules of logic." Sometimes, it drops little gifts upon us if we just open ourselves up to them, and let them come to US! I doubt I'll ever quite understand that, or just how it works. I only know it DOES work that way, if we'll but let it do so.