PDA

View Full Version : 11 fs powder and the 475 linnebough.

Royalwolf
09-17-2017, 08:10 PM
So I got a pound of the new 11 fs powder from accurate. In my BFR I got good accuracy with cast performance 410 grain boolits.
I was very impressed by the low extreme spread and standard deviation!
Velocity was also in line with published data! Lastly case's came out easy and very clean!

swheeler
09-17-2017, 10:18 PM
Never heard of it, something new?

swheeler
09-17-2017, 10:29 PM
found it, sounds good.........

Product Information
No. 11FS is intended for full-power loads in magnum handguns and smaller capacity rifle cartridges. This double-base spherical propellant was developed with an eye toward personal defense and incorporates a flash-suppressant that substantially reduces muzzle signature in low light conditions. In the .300 Blackout, No. 11FS is capable of extremely high velocities with lighter bullets, making it the best propellant choice for shooters looking to maximize downrange performance. Made in the USA.

Chris
09-18-2017, 01:35 AM
What kind of speeds are you getting and with approximately what amount of powder? Just curious if it is worth going away from 296

Taterhead
09-18-2017, 12:05 PM
I saw that powder recently on the Accurate website a few days ago. I don't have any guns that call for it, but was curious about it anyway. Thanks for rhe report. Sounds like some promise!

Royalwolf
09-18-2017, 08:06 PM
So out of my bfr I got 1370fps with 26.5 grains of 11fs.
I called western powder and spoke to Rob and he suggested I try it.
What I liked most was how clean it burns.
All of my cases were very clean and I saw no signs of preasure. Also the extreme spread was in the single digits with some of my test loads.
My best accuracy came at the upper end of the recomendaton charge weight. Lastly you should not get the muzzle flash with this powder.

Chris
09-24-2017, 04:32 PM
So out of my bfr I got 1370fps with 26.5 grains of 11fs.
I called western powder and spoke to Rob and he suggested I try it.
What I liked most was how clean it burns.
All of my cases were very clean and I saw no signs of preasure. Also the extreme spread was in the single digits with some of my test loads.
My best accuracy came at the upper end of the recomendaton charge weight. Lastly you should not get the muzzle flash with this powder.
I’m going to have to give that a whirl. That’s right about what I load my 420 gr to, so that would be perfect