PDA

View Full Version : Crisis of faith ?

Boaz
09-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Have you ever had a crisis of Faith ?

Preacher Jim
09-17-2017, 03:58 PM
About once every month. Then I remember I am secure because Jesus promised that.

Thundarstick
09-17-2017, 05:02 PM
Yes I have.

Hogtamer
09-18-2017, 09:31 AM
In Mark 9 there is told of a man who brought his son to Jesus who had been convulsed, perhaps epileptic from birth. The disciples had been incapable of a cure and Jesus told them all that they were of little faith, that "all things are possible if you can believe." The father cried out "Oh Lord I believe, help my unbelief!" Someone, maybe Merton wrote that "there is more faith in honest doubt than all the creeds." In this instance the father acknowleged Jesus for Who he was...."Oh Lord." He thereby confessed his belief. Then in the full understanding that his faith was small and that there was room for doubt he asked for greater faith. Jesus healed his son. Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith will see us through every crisis, real or imagined, when we acknowledge Who he is and find ouselves totally dependent on the mercy and provision. This has been great comfort to me. Jesus will always do His part. Our part is to confess and believe
with the measure of faith we have been given.

Char-Gar
09-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Without a definition of "crisis of faith" that question is impossible to answer.