PDA

View Full Version : Decent price for a decent scope

18Bravo
09-16-2017, 12:16 PM
I was wasting a few hours of time checking out optics for my next build and came across this offering from Natchez. While I’m not interested in this particular scope the price looks very attractive for someone looking for entry level glass. Had the opportunity to shoot a few rounds out of a club members AR with this scope and though it was decent. A bit fuzzy at high power but on par with other scopes that are priced about the same.

https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-ar-optics-rifle-scope-4-5-18x40mm-drop-zone-223-bdc-reticle-22-7-3-fov-3-7-eye-relief-matte.html

tja6435
09-16-2017, 01:02 PM
Crazy cheap, I have one. The eye relief at 18x is difficult to deal with, but at lower power it's been a pretty decent rig

osteodoc08
09-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Well, id like to have bought the scope, however, being that I live in the state of Georgia, they only sell to wholesalers here. Bummer.

EDG
09-17-2017, 01:06 PM
Be careful buying cheap scopes for any autoloader that will be shot a lot.
The banging of the bolt back and forth will knock the cemented lens cells apart.
About 25 years ago at the dawn of the AR craze a guy had one at the range and he was having scope issues.
I took a look and I could not focus the sight. As I turned the eye piece to improve the focus I noticed that I was looking into the scope at the edge of a lens cell that had came unglued. The scope was a Bushnell el cheapo in 4x to 12X. The owner left the range and I never knew what became of his junky scope.

Texas by God
10-02-2017, 09:11 PM
EDG- I had the same thing happen with the same scope on a .243. A polite letter to Bushnell resulted in them relacing it with a 4x12 Banner that has stood up to hundreds of rounds on my son's AR15. Kudos to Bushnell !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk