PDA

View Full Version : SA XDE 9mm

Pistolero49
09-15-2017, 04:18 PM
Anyone handled or fired the Springfield Armory XDE9339BE XDE Single Stack 3.3in DA/SA With Thumb Safety Decocker 8rd 9mm Pistol?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xd-e-3-3-single-stack-9mm/

winelover
09-16-2017, 07:52 AM
I handled one at my LGS and purchased the SA Model 2 Sub-compact.....

For a single stack, it is almost the same weight at the double.

I preferred the fatter grip with the "grip zone" stippling, anyways.

I'm not a SA fan, especially, for carry......not that I plan on carrying it, have a Beretta Nano, for that roll.

I wanted a Sub-Compact that had a light/laser rail....seems SA is about the only choice.

Overall, I like the Mod 2 and so does wifey. She has no issues, retracting the slide, unlike my Browning HP or Nano.
This is the first handgun with the fiber optic front sight and it shows up well, for these tired eyes. Put about 600 cast rounds, through it without a hiccup. No hint of leading. Three different cast bullets, RCBS 125 RN, Lyman 120 TC and NOE 115 RF. Two different powders, Unique or Bullseye. Same loading, I use for the four 9mm semi-auto's I own.

Winelover

Pistolero49
09-16-2017, 01:48 PM
I handled one at my LGS and purchased the SA Model 2 Sub-compact.....

For a single stack, it is almost the same weight at the double.

I preferred the fatter grip with the "grip zone" stippling, anyways.

I'm not a SA fan, especially, for carry......not that I plan on carrying it, have a Beretta Nano, for that roll.

I wanted a Sub-Compact that had a light/laser rail....seems SA is about the only choice.

Overall, I like the Mod 2 and so does wifey. She has no issues, retracting the slide, unlike my Browning HP or Nano.
This is the first handgun with the fiber optic front sight and it shows up well, for these tired eyes. Put about 600 cast rounds, through it without a hiccup. No hint of leading. Three different cast bullets, RCBS 125 RN, Lyman 120 TC and NOE 115 RF. Two different powders, Unique or Bullseye. Same loading, I use for the four 9mm semi-auto's I own.

WineloverI appreciate your comments on the Springfield Armory compacts. The ease of slide retraction is a big plus for some of us older shooters with arthritic hands and wrists. I am considering the XDE for that reason.

Regards,