PDA

View Full Version : Squealing Electronic Earmuffs

Bent Ramrod
09-15-2017, 11:49 AM
My ancient Peltor earmuffs have started squealing in my ears when I'm wearing them. Haven't had the contents of my skull out for inspection or service so I know it isn't simple feedback between the muffs. :razz: Is there any easy way to stop this? My knowledge of electronics is pretty much limited to battery changes and operation of the On-Off/Volume knob.

Strictly speaking, they don't owe me anything, but I hate to toss stuff out if it can be repaired. My parents were Depression-era kids who learned to "make do" and taught us likewise.

Omega
09-15-2017, 12:17 PM
My ancient Peltor earmuffs have started squealing in my ears when I'm wearing them. Haven't had the contents of my skull out for inspection or service so I know it isn't simple feedback between the muffs. :razz: Is there any easy way to stop this? My knowledge of electronics is pretty much limited to battery changes and operation of the On-Off/Volume knob.

Strictly speaking, they don't owe me anything, but I hate to toss stuff out if it can be repaired. My parents were Depression-era kids who learned to "make do" and taught us likewise.It may be simple feedback between the two ear pieces, try covering the mike on one to see if it stops. Mine squeal when my cell phone is too close, so I keep it away while I wear them.

skeettx
09-15-2017, 07:30 PM
One way is to change batteries, sometimes when the voltage drops, they squeal
Mike

Bent Ramrod
09-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Thanks, guys. Tried covering each mike, then both of them. The squealing continued. Changed the battery and the squealing stopped.

Beau Cassidy
09-20-2017, 01:45 PM
I had some electronic earmuffs one time. Using a certain type of battery they squeal. Changing to another brand they did not squeal. Another guy I hunt with had the same problem/solution.

merlin101
09-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Thanks, guys. Tried covering each mike, then both of them. The squealing continued. Changed the battery and the squealing stopped.

Well that's good, mine started squealing after I dropped them and then stopped after I 'dropped' them again.