PDA

View Full Version : Judgement

Boaz
09-13-2017, 01:07 PM
On the day of judgement and your testimony is given what do you want your Lord to say to you ?

Preacher Jim
09-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Well done my good and faithful servent.

Hickory
09-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Well done my good and faithful servant, but, I'm still a sinner, no matter how hard I try not to be.

Preacher Jim
09-13-2017, 04:39 PM
But hickory we are sinners saved by grace who spend a lot of time asking forgiveness.
God is faithful to forgive us our sins.

Hickory
09-13-2017, 05:42 PM
But Hickory we are sinners saved by grace who spend a lot of time asking forgiveness.
God is faithful to forgive us our sins.

This I know, it's just hard sometimes to walk the straight and narrow.

Boaz
09-13-2017, 07:51 PM
You guys killed this thread right off the bat . Thank you ! Good replies .
Matthew 25;21

His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

GhostHawk
09-13-2017, 09:18 PM
He beat me to it.

The good news for me is, for the last month I have been his faithful servant.

It is still going very well at the local nursing home. Got an idea my nice summer days are soon gone though.

"Well done my good and faithful servant. " would be just fine with me.

Anything other than "I knew you not, begone"

Boaz
09-13-2017, 09:33 PM
GhostHawk I warned you it's addictive . I refer to James .

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Many preachers shun the book of James because it seems he promotes good work over faith . But when you look closely he only says if you have faith you will not be able to keep yourself from doing good work ..there by strengthening your faith .

Pine Baron
09-14-2017, 02:47 PM
"if you have faith you will not be able to keep yourself from doing good work ..there by strengthening your faith "
That's powerful medicine there, kemosabi.

Char-Gar
09-14-2017, 03:12 PM
On the day of judgement and your testimony is given what do you want your Lord to say to you ?

This really does need to be moved to the "deep theology" section.

rl69
09-14-2017, 05:51 PM
See my signature

Boaz
09-14-2017, 05:59 PM
lol , Ronnie I thought about your signature when I put this up brother . It is a good one . Maybe we ought to add each others .

when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant " . No turning back , No turning back !

Heck ...I like it !