PDA

View Full Version : Nose punch blanks for sizer

stocker
11-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Buckshot made me up an assortment of nose punch blanks to cover several calibers and all I have to do is glass them to fit any bullet that comes my way via new/used moulds.

He did nice work although I bet he wishes he charged me more. Sounded like a pretty fiddly job. All you guys needing such a thing try contacting him and maybe he'll oblige you.

Thanks again Buckshot.

PatMarlin
12-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Stocker-

What do you mean by "glassing" them? Do you mean fiber glass?

stocker
12-04-2005, 01:58 PM
PatMarlin:
Exactly that. You can use glass bedding compounds, Marine tex, J-B etc., although I have recently started using a quick curing stuff that I got in an automotive supply that was probably originally made for stopping fluid leaks. I don't have the wrapper for the stuff any more but it comes in a round roll with two materials-an outer layer and a core of different stuff. Cut off what you need and knead them together until consistently mixed, put a dab in the nose punch and start a bullet into your luber just far enough to get it started and centered in the nose punch at adequate depth. In 15 minutes it's hard and ready to use. I usually scrape any excess material from the edge of the punch (overflow) while it's still soft. This material will not run and drip into your luber as it is quite firm compared to some of the bedding compounds while uncured.

Gives you a custom fit punch for any bullet mould that may come your way.