PDA

View Full Version : I think I got it figured out !

Boaz
09-06-2017, 06:59 PM
You know I been thinkin . We only get a certain amount of time here in this fallen world to accept and live up to what our Lord asked us to do . .....I think I have failed .

But I been thinkin ....maybe GOD will give me a double lifetime !! If I had more time I might get this figured out ? Yea that would be real handy . I gave my profession of faith at the age of 7 , at that time I understood . In my simple way of thinking at that age it was clear .
BUT ! Then I got to be a teenager . I saw the 'possibility's' of the world around me . I figured I had been saved and could stray a bit ...heck I had plenty of time and was already saved...RIGHT ?? I could do better later on . GOD loved me !

Well heck ! I wasted a lot of time I could have been doing what I ought to do . Now I regret those wasted years , I feel inadequate as to knowledge of scripture , meaning , purpose ....I am lost all over again ! I failed .

After writing all that and thought I have changed my mind . Though I am not perfect , though I have repeatedly failed I don't think GOD would love me anymore than he ever did . His love and mercy are constant . He is not going to give me a double lifetime . He knows I am not perfect and would not be a 150 years from now if left to myself . But through his grace and love for me if I have faith and try I will achieve salvation .

Pine Baron
09-06-2017, 07:23 PM
News flash, you have achieved salvation, however I don't think He's done with you yet! Stay tuned, film at eleven.

Boaz
09-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Dang it !

jmort
09-06-2017, 07:54 PM
In my opinion many/most Christians wasted time in the world with their eyes not on the prize. I know I have. Can't take it back and will have to account for it.

2 Timothy 2:20 etc

In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use.

Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Boaz
09-06-2017, 08:17 PM
In my opinion many/most Christians wasted time in the world with their eyes not on the prize. I know I have. Can't take it back and will have to account for it.

2 Timothy 2:20 etc

In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use.

Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Wait a min . Hang on ! Are you saying GOD understands our nature ? He understands our weakness ? He understands our frailty and sense of reasoning and purpose as youth ? Are you telling me he still loves me and wants a personal relationship with me ? That my salvation is assured though I have failed ?

Pine Baron
09-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Yup, that be what he's a sayin'

Boaz
09-06-2017, 09:52 PM
How can that be ! I have condemned myself through my thoughts and acts ! I have given to myself not GOD .

frkelly74
09-06-2017, 10:17 PM
It is not the sin that condemns a person, we are all sinners after all, It is unrepentance that will condemn a person. When you believe that Jesus has paid for your sins and accept that as a fact, you are saved. You will follow Gods law and not sin out of sheer thankfulness that God in his mercy has found you not guilty by reason of the sacrifice of Jesus on that cross. You will not be perfect, but God will see you as perfect because Jesus died for you to pay the cost of your sin. But I think you knew that.

Boaz
09-06-2017, 10:27 PM
A wise man .

Boaz
09-06-2017, 10:31 PM
But my sin is self evident , I admit to my wrong doing , I have guilt . is my admission enough ?

rancher1913
09-06-2017, 10:33 PM
you are too hard on yourself. 8-)

aspangler
09-06-2017, 10:35 PM
That merely brings you ever closer to our God.

frkelly74
09-06-2017, 10:40 PM
That would be a sign of unrepentance, You would not be trusting in your savior.

Boaz
09-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Repentance , thank you brother ! Admission without repentance is a waste ! Heck , I'm just a dumb ol Independent Baptist . I need help at times . Thank you brother .

frkelly74
09-06-2017, 11:06 PM
The part of the Gospel that sets you free is it realization that you are taken care of, God loves you, and would have you in heaven with him. All your sins are covered by the blood of Jesus and you do not have a worry. You do not have to be perfect, although God does demand perfection. That perfection is provided for you through the perfect life and innocent death of Jesus, All you have to do is accept it. Not Guilty!

Boaz
09-06-2017, 11:15 PM
That we sin is a fact . To admit failure/sin is not enough . To repent , ...admit and promise to amend and hold to it is to prove justification/confirmation of failure /understanding to seek forgiveness . To do better , to try ...to understand a failing .

Boaz
09-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Time for this dumb ol Independent Baptist to go to bed , May our Lord bless you all ...I love you .

jmort
09-06-2017, 11:32 PM
I fall and I get back up. I think the real danger is when you sin and are not ashmed and do not get up, but give up. At that point, you are past the tipping point.

Romans 7:14 etc

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Boaz
09-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Rest well ...the morning comes early .

jmort
09-06-2017, 11:49 PM
There is some good advice.

I will end here. A chuch member went to his pastor terribly vexed by thoughts of lust. He figured the pastor would have an answer, a solution. The pastor replied, good luck with that, come tell me when you figure it out. The fiery darts will vex us all. Paul said to endevour to bring every thought under subjection. Yet even the Paul was "working on it."
Don't ever give up Brothers

buckwheatpaul
09-07-2017, 06:24 AM
It is a fact that we are all imperfect. Some more and some less but we are all born with origional sin and we are selfish to some degree. The fact that you recognize that and try to avoid it and pray for forgiveness when you are weak and fail is what separates us as Christians. We know we sinned and we repent for our transgressions......thanks for all the posts and thoughts guys!

Thundarstick
09-07-2017, 09:12 AM
but we are all born with origional sin

Where does this come from? Is always been my understanding that we are born pure and sinless? Is sin itself not the transgression of God's law? Was Christ himself born in sin as both man and God?

We separate ourselves from God BY our transgressions, not because we are born!

jmort
09-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Man is tri-part
Body
Soul
Spirit
The spirit, when born again, is eternal
The body dies- the final enemy, physical death, remaining after Jesus was/seated at the right hand of the Father
And the soul, your mind, ego, self. That will be tested in the fire. Only love will remain of your soul after purification. That is how we imperfect beings are able to remain in heaven.

Blackwater
09-07-2017, 04:48 PM
All very nice, Boaz, but if ya' think you've got it figured out, just wait! There's always something more to learn, and our job will NEVER truly be finished until we breathe our last breath. Whenever I've thought I had it "all figured out," that seemed to be the signal that something more was developing for me to tackle!

But even so, it's good to settle some of the more finite and concrete things about our faith, always. It's just that time keeps changing our perspective, and providing us with broader views. How can we not continue learning as we age and encounter more and newer and better experiences?

And as to being satisfied with what you've done, you'll NEVER know what that feels like, BECAUSE you're too good a man and too serious a Christian to EVER think you've done all you need to do. Every day presents us with new challenges and opportunities. It's up to us to learn from them, and not fall into existential negativity, just because we don't get what we expect. The longer I live and the more I see and understand, the more humble I become, BECAUSE I realise this world is FAR bigger and more full than I ever realized it was! Being constantly humbled keeps me straight .... or at least as straight as I can be.

You're doin' fine, bro'. Just keep standing the line, and doing whatever God puts in front of you to do. Really, that's all any of us CAN do, after all's said and done. He provides us our "missions," if we'll just pay attention, and let ourselves see them. What a wonder our Lord truly is!

frkelly74
09-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Ah yes, Original Sin. Original sin was handed down to us from Adam and Eve. You know about the eating from the tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden that was forbidden even to touch. Lots of people assume it was an apple but that is unknown to us. God only had one rule in the garden and it was Do not eat of that fruit. And don't you know that Adam and Eve could not manage to follow it. Eve blamed the serpent , and Adam blamed the woman, and even tried to blame God who gave him the woman. They were all cursed, Adam, Eve, and the serpent. And Adam and Eves progeny fall under that curse all the way down to you and me. That is why we need a savior. That and the sin we manage to pile on to our own pile of sin debt along the way is why there is no hope of salvation without the work Jesus did by living a perfect life and dying an innocent death. Jesus' death was more than sufficient to pay for the sin of the world, Yours and mine and everyones.

Other question about Jesus regarding original sin. Jesus was man and God and a product of virgin birth. Meaning God, the Holy Spirit, was his daddy. He was God so he could be perfect. He was man so he could die under the Law and accomplish our salvation.

Boaz
09-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Emanuel .

Hickok
09-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all the posts, I am enjoying them.

Remember this one thing, after your confession that you are a sinner, and you have asked Jesus Christ to be your Redeemer, King, Lord and Savior, you are then under the Blood of God the Son. You are sealed and protected forever from eternal damnation, you have crossed over from death to life (John 5;24) in the family of God.

Jesus Himself gives us this promise, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." NEVER means NEVER, Jesus gave us His Word, and His word cannot be broken.

John 10; 28-30 Jesus says, "Nether shall any man pluck them out of My hand."

Romans 8; 38-39

God is faithful, always, even when we are not.

Boaz
09-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Ah yes, Original Sin. Original sin was handed down to us from Adam and Eve. You know about the eating from the tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden that was forbidden even to touch. Lots of people assume it was an apple but that is unknown to us. God only had one rule in the garden and it was Do not eat of that fruit. And don't you know that Adam and Eve could not manage to follow it. Eve blamed the serpent , and Adam blamed the woman, and even tried to blame God who gave him the woman. They were all cursed, Adam, Eve, and the serpent. And Adam and Eves progeny fall under that curse all the way down to you and me. That is why we need a savior. That and the sin we manage to pile on to our own pile of sin debt along the way is why there is no hope of salvation without the work Jesus did by living a perfect life and dying an innocent death. Jesus' death was more than sufficient to pay for the sin of the world, Yours and mine and everyones.

Other question about Jesus regarding original sin. Jesus was man and God and a product of virgin birth. Meaning God, the Holy Spirit, was his daddy. He was God so he could be perfect. He was man so he could die under the Law and accomplish our salvation.

Where the heck have you been !! Thank you for joining in brother . ! Enjoy your thoughts .