PDA

View Full Version : cutting rebound leg off of Win 94AE

remshooter
09-05-2017, 10:58 AM
have a 1984 Win -94 AE without any kind of saftey , it has a six pound trigger want to lighten it,and it has missfired on one CCI primer reload ,but has fired everything else ,may just be that lot of Obama era primers ,have orderd extra hammer struts and hammer springs, will cut a few coils from spring to lighten trigger pull ,and I assume the lower 2 legs are the ones i need to cut off (Am I right?) half off to save some of the rebound or all the way off and get rid of it all , ,have done this to a Marlin mod-39 .22 lever action ,no problem ,but it not a centerfire Win ,any one do this without any problems ,and any suggestions before I start?

fecmech
09-05-2017, 08:01 PM
I did just that some time back on a 94 .357. I would not cut the hammer spring but instead would focus on the trigger return spring. that might get you where you want to go.

Der Gebirgsjager
09-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Do a search of this site. Several months ago there was a thread on exactly how to do this with pictures.

flyrod
09-11-2017, 01:01 PM
I have a 94ae of that era, no safeties just the rebounding hammer. I bought a complete lower tang with a half cock on ebay for $47 and installed it. Best thing it gave the rifle a great 2 lb trigger.