PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get nickle redone?

osteodoc08
09-05-2017, 05:24 AM
I have an "S" serial numbered 41 mag. Nickle could definitely use a refinish. Would like to restore her to her original beauty. She's not a safe queen and is used. I'd even be open to a satin nickle finish.

Cylinder and Slide?
Smith and Wesson?

ReloaderFred
09-05-2017, 09:28 AM
I would contact Smith & Wesson and see what they say. Sometimes they feel benevolent.............

My Model 57 was my duty gun for many, many years, and the bluing shows honest holster wear from the Hoyt holster. I'm just going to leave it that way for my daughter, who has asked to have it when the time comes.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Gray Fox
09-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Accurate plating in FL used to great jobs and had trained people to do the disassembly and assembly after plating. I don't know if they are still in business (might not be after Irma), but a Google should let you know. GF

rintinglen
09-05-2017, 10:35 AM
In years gone by, like 25 years ago, S&W refinished a Nickle Model 37 for me. At the time, they would only refurbish with original finish, so If you had blue, it had to stay blue or if nickle, they would only re-nickle the gun. IIRC, it cost me more to have the finish reapplied than the gun did originally.

lawdog941
09-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Check with Robar guns, their finishes are excellent.

Tom W.
09-05-2017, 06:33 PM
APW is in Henry county, Alabama, I believe on highway 99. I've stopped in there a few times and the man wanted to hire me. I asked him about some services and he gave me a grilling, but found out that I knew
what I was talking about. I got a nice tour of his facility an watched him work in a specialized project

He told me he left Florida when the neighborhood got too rough for his customers, not to mention the storms.

www.apwcogan.com

Bill*B
09-05-2017, 10:41 PM
I had Robar refinish several firearms, with their NP3+. The job has always been flawless. The price reflects this!