PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Gen6 questions

LittleLebowski
09-04-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm looking to work up some precison loads for hunting and fun, not a competitor. I think this might be a good choice for me at the right price (and I have found one for cheap), that is. Would it be better to look for a used RCBS Chargemaster 1500 or should I jump on the well priced Gen6?

Also, can anyone confirm if the Gen6 and the Chargemaster Lite are the same under the hood? They look very much alike except for the keypad.

VHoward
09-04-2017, 01:40 PM
I have the Lyman Gen 6 and the Hornady L-N-L automatic powder dispenser. The Hornady did not last very long before it was giving inconsistent results. The Lyman Gen 6 has been trouble free and accurate for the last couple of years. I have never had the RCBS Chargemaster, but have heard good things about it.

daboone
09-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Had mine for at least 3 years. It was a gift from my SIL. I didn't want it because it was "electronic" and couldn't be trusted. Well now after 3 years it has become the go to measure and scale. Its been checked numinous times with RCBS scale weights and it's proved to me that this "electronic" is a keeper. Kind of a pain when switching to a different powder but not a PIA kind of pain.