PDA

View Full Version : Giving

rl69
09-02-2017, 09:33 PM
John 6
8Then Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up. 9“There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?”

We see in this story what Jesus can do with little. something I've never seen was the boys perspective. Here we have 5000 men,and this young boy has to give up his food to feed them and their family's. I wonder if he was grumbling on how "why can't they get their own food I worked hard for this" ? Was he just selfless ? Or did he know that God supplied him with all his needs and he would never be lacking?

In the next few days, weeks,months we need to keep reminding people God is in charge of all his supply's and the ones how he want to receive them will receive them

Boaz
09-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Amen Ronnie ! There is great need . Giving and stewardship is mentioned much in our bible .

2 Corinthians 9;7
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.”

We do not give because we have to or grudgingly we give to serve a need and in so doing we serve Christ himself .

Matthew 25;40

“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”