PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to DougGuy

Surfcat
09-02-2017, 02:40 PM
I had DougGuy ream the cylinder of my .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk last month. I finally got to try it out with a few different load combinations. Accuracy is superb at 25 yards and cleaning is a snap. Also, he's a "straight shooter," no B.S. Thanks again, DougGuy.

Nueces
09-02-2017, 03:37 PM
He has my stainless Python cylinder now, for honing the throats to even them up. I have several Ruger SAs that have benefitted from his careful work. This fellow is serious about offering high quality services.

Ramjet-SS
09-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Yup real happy with his work on my 10mm barrel.

Treetop
09-02-2017, 07:19 PM
I read every post that DougGuy writes because he is so full of knowledge and so helpful. My only regret is that I had both my Ruger .45 convertible cylinders throated by the CylinderSmith before I knew about DougGuys service. The CylinderSmith did an excellent job on them and turned a dog into real shooter but I somehow feel that I have "cheated" DougGuy out of a job since I've learned so much from him! Treetop

Thumbcocker
09-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Good work at a fair price from a good man.

oldhenry
09-02-2017, 08:46 PM
He is a professional in every way:
1. Communication
2. Fair price
3. Top drawer work
4. Quick turnaround

4bisley5
09-03-2017, 09:16 AM
He corrected the throats on my Bisley 45. If I can hold a good sight picture it'll shoot clover leaf groups at 25 shooting off my knees sitting down field style.
Great guy to deal with. If you're fortunate enough to take him your cylinder in person you'll be treated to the best coffee you ever had.

mart
09-05-2017, 12:00 PM
He did my Bisley 45 Colt and has my 41 mag and 357 Maximum cylinder right now. He does outstanding work with a fast turn around and great communication.

Wayne Smith
09-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Not just revolvers, he had my two 45ACP's and re-made the chamber mouths and the muzzles. Minor changes in one, major in my Kimber. Now my Kimber chambers my reloads - Which it didn't previously. If you have read his posts you realize the Kimber chambers typically have an abrupt change from the chamber to the barrel. Now my Kimber handles all my cast boolits.

It is amazing to watch him work. He does this by hand. His is precise in his work and his movement.