PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for a friend and his wife.

ARKLITE881South
09-01-2017, 02:38 AM
My wife caught up with me via phone today downtown. She said a friend of mine's wife would like me to come over to talk to her husband. Bill and i went to school together and I've known him for about 59 yrs. He and i were both in the Marines, both in viet nam. But, Bill is in bad shape, dying from cancer and has lost about 70 plus pounds. Six wks ago i was told he wasn't doing well and they didn't expect him to live very much longer. At that time he didn't want anyone to see him like he was. Well, he's still with us. So, i went right over to see him, his wife took me into his room. We shook hands and i was surprised how strong his hand shake was. Very strong and firm, but, he is very, very thin. We talked for a while, then, i told him i had some things to ask him. We talked about his belief in God, and what ever came to mind. Bill gave me some very positive answers. I prayed with him, and noticed he was getting tired, i'd been there about 35-40 min. I mentioned about seeing him again, i stopped telling people good bye a long time ago, my theory, is if we are Christians we WILL see each other again, know each other .

I talked with his wife and her daughter in law in the front room for another hour or so, nothing heavy, but, just about life. And, trusting in God, turning things over to him. I'm a pretty simple guy, i believe in God, the Bible, life after death, prayer, answers to prayer. I've seen God work in my family, answer prayers, do some neat things in our family over the past 30 years since we moved back to where i was brought up in the town we live in. My heart breaks for Bill's wife, she's very concerned about him and has really stuck it out with him, she's very devoted to him. Now, the both of them are really on my heart, i was in bed, but, could not sleep thinking about them. This is why I'm here, asking you all to ask God to ease Bill's pain, be with his wife during these trying times, give her the strength she needs to help Bill and her self to get through this. And, most of all look to God for guidance and wisdom to make the right choices in the future.

I thank you all in advance for your time and Prayers .

w5pv
09-01-2017, 04:55 AM
Prayers sent

big bore 99
09-01-2017, 05:25 AM
Prayers sent.

Boaz
09-01-2017, 05:26 AM
Lord be close to Bill and his wife in this hard time . Give comfort and strength to help them get through this . Give Bill relief from pain and reassurance you are with him . Thank you Lord

Thundarstick
09-01-2017, 05:28 AM
Lifting up this family! Prayers sent.

square butte
09-01-2017, 05:36 AM
Heavenly Father - please ease Bill and his wife and family's suffering. Bring comfort to them where there seems to be none. Lord we ask your blessing on them during this time.

Boaz
09-01-2017, 05:36 AM
Thank you for tending to this family ARKLITE881South .

Preacher Jim
09-01-2017, 05:46 AM
Lord please pore your grace and mercy out on this family at this time. Hold them close and support them, ease the pain and comfort them with your presents so they know you are there.
In Jesus name
Amen

jmort
09-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Praying
Sorry to hear this

koehn,jim
09-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Prayers sent.

jcren
09-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Prayers sent

Hickok
09-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Amen to all the prayers.

buckwheatpaul
09-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Father, I am praying for comfort and pain relief for Bill. Shortly he will be resting with You. I would like to pray for his wife who is attending to her ill partner. Please give her the strength to care for her sibling and the quality time to be with Bill. Father, I would like to pray for the family as well. Help them to have quality time with their father and to reflect on the wonderful times they shared. AMEN

Pine Baron
09-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Praying for Bill, his wife and family.
Thanks ARK for bringing this here.

ARKLITE881South
09-01-2017, 04:45 PM
I was just told that Bill may only have 2 weeks. I'll be going over to see him again tomorrow. The other day while i was there, he asked his wife if she saw the person in the hall? Some times people who are about to leave us, see and hear things we cannot. I'm going with this, and, i'll tell his wife, it could have very well been God letting his present's be known to Bill. Thank you all for the prayers, they are much appreciated.

Blackwater
09-01-2017, 05:50 PM
It's always a privilege to render up a prayer or prayers for an old Marine. Thanks for the chance to do that.

ARKLITE881South
09-02-2017, 11:31 PM
A update on Bill:

Just came back from Bill's he was very awake, and responsive to me. That same good old firm handshake, loll. He was attentive and sharp. We talked about today, and last night, he said he slept very good last night, and, his wife backed him up. He had only been sick one time today. So, after we talked, i asked him if we could pray for a little while. He said, "YOU BET". We held hands and we just prayed that God would enter his mind, his soul, and help Bill to be at peace, to get some good sleep and help him to relax and prepare him for his future. We gave God the thanks for a good day for Bill, and a that he would ease his pain, and that Bill would put his trust in God.

It was a great visit, i feel that God let me know i should get over there before it was too late in the evening. It was just him, his wife, and me there at that time, nice and quiet. While i was praying i looked at him, he seemed to be very relaxed, and at ease, he even readjusted himself to a more comfortable position, and then really seemed to be at ease. He looked very much at peace. I'm so thankful that God has given me this opportunity to share some things with Bill and his wife, no doubt he's been there with us, and with Bill and his wife. GOD IS GOOD. Thank you all again for your continued prayers.

Pine Baron
09-03-2017, 07:38 AM
ARKLITE, my prayers continue. May God maintain His mercy on Bill, his wife, and family. God bless you, brother for your diligence and friendship. In Jesus Name. Amen

USMC87
09-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Added to our prayer list.