PDA

View Full Version : nothing special....

Tom W.
08-31-2017, 07:50 PM
Lori has open house at school tonight, so I know she's going to be tired when she gets home. I went to Publix and got some hot dogs so she'll have something to eat tonight. I ate three of them. I probably shouldn't have. I also created some homemade ice cream, and sliced up some fresh strawberries to add to the mix. I can't eat anything that cold due to the chemo and cold intolorence. But I made the ice cream for her and put it into the freezer. She'll be surprised.....

SciFiJim
08-31-2017, 09:41 PM
Well done Tom! We take care of the one's we love. I do most of the cooking at home and my wife is the one that needs a special diet because of extreme food allergies. I try to make sure there is some variety in her diet, but it is tough sometimes. Doesn't mean I won't continue to try.

MaryB
09-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Love a good hotdog now and then! In winter I butter a slice of bread, flip it buttered side down on a baking dish(or a sheet of foil so no dishes to wash!), then spread the up side with ketchup. Add hot dog diagonally, fold the corners up over it and pin with a toothpick. My version of a pig in a blanket! Bake at 400 until the bread is well toasted, the hot dog is hot. I can eat 3 of them as a meal! I use a good all beef natural casing hotdog for this(only kind I like).