PDA

View Full Version : Primer Arms on Black Pacific Press

DonMountain
08-28-2017, 09:39 PM
I have acquired an old black Pacific C press for my collection, and it came with a Lyman primer arm with only a cup for inserting large primers. I see that both Lyman and RCBS still sells these "Universal" primer arms with both small and large primer cups. Or I could search ebay for a proper Pacific brand antique primer arm and then search for the large and small primer cups for that. So, my real question is I guess, will both the new Lyman and RCBS primer arms fit this old C press (they both look the same) and which one is a better design? I would prefer a steel one, but both of these look like aluminum. And the Lyman made one has a setscrew that holds the shaft in, and the RCBS one screws in like the Pacific original did.

salpal48
08-29-2017, 08:02 AM
Both the Lyman and the RCBS will Fit. But in some cases They both will need Fitting. . meaning You will have to File the sides of the Aluminum. . The older steel one were a slight different. . It is not a Big job. Just a Good file. . The reason why I say This. , I just Changes My arm On my Older RCBS with a Lyman I had on Hand . . Both fit but were Tight. I prefer them a bit Loose. Even the RCBS was tight when I got it