PDA

View Full Version : I'm in need of prayer

rl69
08-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Kinda

The truth is I don't even know what to ask for. Peace and knowledge that surpasses all understanding?????

So let me explain where I live there's not a lot of money to be made.the refinery's are about 100 mi south, for years I was making that drive everyday. A budy of mine Jeff started working in the oilfield. We work well together. So I hired on with him I took a large cut in pay ( around half) but as long as I get my 40 I'm ok I don't need much don't want much.

All the gas that flows off the wells flow in into a plant 8 mi from the house. About 3 years ago I was sent to the plant to do a 2 week job I spent 2 years there. Doing general maintenance untell the bottom drop out on gas prices around a mont ago I was called back and I thought I was a track for a company position it fell threw Friday.

I still have a job and we have a good bit of work coming up but it's hit and miss defenatly not a steady 40 hrs. I know the lord has a plan I know he is looking out for me but I'm ????? I don't know what I am depressed? bitter? Sad? The plant job is security every day I have a place to work???

Just pray

I know where my true security is from I know in a few days I'll get past this filling of disappointment God is my savior and he is king

square butte
08-28-2017, 08:37 AM
Prayers for you and for encouragement - The Good Lord knows your needs, even if you and I don't. Please Lord lift Ronnie up

Boaz
08-28-2017, 08:43 AM
rl69 I know where you stand . Been through several boom/bust situations myself . Each is different but I know he will provide . You are in my thoughts and prayers brother and I'm always here .

Hickok
08-28-2017, 08:49 AM
RL69, I also know of your concern. The last 10 years working the coal fields were a stressful, depression-filled nightmare. Thankfully, the Good Lord carried me through to retirement. God will keep you and provide. My prayers for you and your family. Ken

jcren
08-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Prayers sent

Preacher Jim
08-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Ronnie my prayer are for you and your family. been there lived past it and God never failed to meet a need.

Thundarstick
08-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Brother, all of us who work for someone else could drive ourselves crazy with worry. I've been blessed with my work, but the government is mucking in it more and more to its destruction. Prayers lifting you up sent!

Pine Baron
08-28-2017, 12:27 PM
rl69, well, you know. Here comes God's plan...3...2...1

Traffer
08-28-2017, 01:38 PM
RL, I don't want to sound preachy but there is a practical way to be handling this. First a little of my background. I was court committed to a mental institution when I was 17. That's when they put me on a drug called thorazine. I spent the next 20 years drugged and unable to work anything but a manual labor job. (thorazine impeeds your ability to think, makes you walk like a zombie, drool, and lowers your IQ considerably.) Back in those days I had pretty much given up on ever having a "normal life with a normal job". Finally when I was about 35, I turned to God. I immediately realized that I was a pretty bad, judging kind of guy. Turning to God then was not a completely healing experience. It was however a life changing experience. it turned my life around. I spent many hours most days praying and studying the Bible. Long story short, after about 4 or 5 years of learning to "cast my anxieties on God" in prayer, I did heal. During my "mental illness" I was not able to get on track with a decent job. Consequently I have been living on the edge of homelessness for most of my life. Working as a house painter, laborer etc. So why share all of this? Because this lack of security helped me learn to trust God. People say, "brother God won't give you more than you can handle". I don't know how many times I wanted to just backhand people who said that. I would tell them "Listen, I know how much I can handle and I don't want to go back there". I got to a point where I had only one comfort. I spent so much time on my knees people literally do not believe me when I tell them. I got to a place where truly "God is my refuge" The one and only place that I felt comfort and refuge. Trusting God is one of the greatest tests of life. It does not come easy. So many people "think" they trust God....until the checks stop coming in. Then you see where their trust is. People trust in money. I have found less than a handful of people in my life who truly have learned to trust God. I can give people a simple recipe for learning to trust God. Get on your knees and pray. One of the hardest parts is to learn to pray when you really really don't want to pray. We do not want to pray, we do not feel like praying, when we are struggling. That part of us that rebels against the struggle does not want to pray. It wants to fight. It seems foolish to waste time on your knees. But if you break through that barrier of anxiety and anger and begin to taste that the Lord is good, it gets easier. I don't know if a person, any person, has the discipline to spend enough time on their knees, with the intensity and effort it takes to learn to trust God. It comes from being forged in the fire. Job once said (this is one of my favorite scriptures) "Test me lord, try me, and I will come forth as pure gold" Many places in Bible speak of being tested in the fires of adversity. Personally I pray according to my needs. Now that my life is pretty easy, I tend to "run after the things in life" and neglect prayer. It is so foolish and I know it. But I do it anyway. I still pray though and still get my comfort, peace, refreshment and maybe most of all cleansing from the Blood of Christ in prayer. Every time I get on my knees I say, "wash me lord, that I may have part with you". Jesus said to Peter, "unless I wash you, you can have no part with me". Somewhere in the Bible, a passage written by David says, " Lord being with you I desire nothing on earth". Well, let me say, for my part, "Lord being with you I desire nothing in LIFE" I experience absolute fulfillment being with the lord in prayer. So many passages of the Bible comfort me. I am here to witness to the fact that we can indeed be fulfilled through walking with God. Not being perfect. Not being better than others. Just having the comfort, peace and security of being with "the I AM". A couple of scriptures come to mind: "God gives us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowing him" and "delight yourself in the Lord and he will give your the desires of your heart". I often think of being "yoked with Christ" picturing a couple of oxen who work side by side in perfect peace, gaining great comfort just from the presence of the other, having no anxieties, strife, or worries. But contentment. I will pray for you. I will pray that the Lord will comfort you and give you a security that money can never touch.

rl69
08-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Thank you
I've been saying the same things for 3 days now but it for more reassuring to hear it from another

Boaz
08-28-2017, 02:48 PM
RL, I don't want to sound preachy but there is a practical way to be handling this. First a little of my background. I was court committed to a mental institution when I was 17. That's when they put me on a drug called thorazine. I spent the next 20 years drugged and unable to work anything but a manual labor job. (thorazine impeeds your ability to think, makes you walk like a zombie, drool, and lowers your IQ considerably.) Back in those days I had pretty much given up on ever having a "normal life with a normal job". Finally when I was about 35, I turned to God. I immediately realized that I was a pretty bad, judging kind of guy. Turning to God then was not a completely healing experience. It was however a life changing experience. it turned my life around. I spent many hours most days praying and studying the Bible. Long story short, after about 4 or 5 years of learning to "cast my anxieties on God" in prayer, I did heal. During my "mental illness" I was not able to get on track with a decent job. Consequently I have been living on the edge of homelessness for most of my life. Working as a house painter, laborer etc. So why share all of this? Because this lack of security helped me learn to trust God. People say, "brother God won't give you more than you can handle". I don't know how many times I wanted to just backhand people who said that. I would tell them "Listen, I know how much I can handle and I don't want to go back there". I got to a point where I had only one comfort. I spent so much time on my knees people literally do not believe me when I tell them. I got to a place where truly "God is my refuge" The one and only place that I felt comfort and refuge. Trusting God is one of the greatest tests of life. It does not come easy. So many people "think" they trust God....until the checks stop coming in. Then you see where their trust is. People trust in money. I have found less than a handful of people in my life who truly have learned to trust God. I can give people a simple recipe for learning to trust God. Get on your knees and pray. One of the hardest parts is to learn to pray when you really really don't want to pray. We do not want to pray, we do not feel like praying, when we are struggling. That part of us that rebels against the struggle does not want to pray. It wants to fight. It seems foolish to waste time on your knees. But if you break through that barrier of anxiety and anger and begin to taste that the Lord is good, it gets easier. I don't know if a person, any person, has the discipline to spend enough time on their knees, with the intensity and effort it takes to learn to trust God. It comes from being forged in the fire. Job once said (this is one of my favorite scriptures) "Test me lord, try me, and I will come forth as pure gold" Many places in Bible speak of being tested in the fires of adversity. Personally I pray according to my needs. Now that my life is pretty easy, I tend to "run after the things in life" and neglect prayer. It is so foolish and I know it. But I do it anyway. I still pray though and still get my comfort, peace, refreshment and maybe most of all cleansing from the Blood of Christ in prayer. Every time I get on my knees I say, "wash me lord, that I may have part with you". Jesus said to Peter, "unless I wash you, you can have no part with me". Somewhere in the Bible, a passage written by David says, " Lord being with you I desire nothing on earth". Well, let me say, for my part, "Lord being with you I desire nothing in LIFE" I experience absolute fulfillment being with the lord in prayer. So many passages of the Bible comfort me. I am here to witness to the fact that we can indeed be fulfilled through walking with God. Not being perfect. Not being better than others. Just having the comfort, peace and security of being with "the I AM". A couple of scriptures come to mind: "God gives us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowing him" and "delight yourself in the Lord and he will give your the desires of your heart". I often think of being "yoked with Christ" picturing a couple of oxen who work side by side in perfect peace, gaining great comfort just from the presence of the other, having no anxieties, strife, or worries. But contentment. I will pray for you. I will pray that the Lord will comfort you and give you a security that money can never touch.

Thank you Taffer .

buckwheatpaul
08-28-2017, 03:15 PM
Father please show Ronnie the path he needs to take to resolve his employment predicament. Father, Ronnie trusts unto You and he is a faithful follower who is adrift right now. Please be with him as You open the door he needs to enter and take any fear away of taking the path You provide. AMEN

skeettx
08-28-2017, 04:02 PM
THANK YOU for letting us pray for you.
God is Good and you have Faith
Start praising God for the good things He has in store for you!
AND, of course, I will be lifting y'all up in prayer
Mike

GhostHawk
08-28-2017, 04:12 PM
I am sure he has a plan for you brother, just not sure of what that plan is. Or if it will look like what you are used to.

But he is the one who can see the end from the beginning.

Blackwater
08-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Prayer up here for you, RL. I understand the part about the good jobs being lacking. That was the situation here for many years. Then 3 manufacturers came here, and things looked up for a lot of folks. Hope you get that company job. It's pretty obvious they like you, and I'm sure it has been discussed. I have a friend in the oil business, and it's a VERY tight-fisted operation. NOTHING that doesn't produce gets spent. You're obviously productive, so .... you've got a decent shot at it, and we're all praying for you. Nothing like what we call "security," is there? God be with you whatever His plan for you.

Bzcraig
08-28-2017, 11:30 PM
I am sure he has a plan for you brother, just not sure of what that plan is. Or if it will look like what you are used to.

But he is the one who can see the end from the beginning.

Amen! Ronnie I can't add to what's been said except to say I'm praying.

GhostHawk
08-29-2017, 07:28 AM
RL69 may the Lord pour peace like a river upon you. May your heart be uplifted. May your soul sing for joy. Let not the troubles of this world disturb you.

You brother are a valiant warrior of Christ's. It may be that he has decided it is time for you to work less, so you have more time to give. Trust in the Lord. For one who has been as steadfast as you surely you will be cared for.

Matthew 6:26-33King James Version (KJV)

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I don't know all the answers RL69, but I know the Lord does know them.
I do not know his will in this, but I know he has a plan for you.

Hang in there brother!

rl69
08-29-2017, 09:18 AM
Thank y'all verry much just a short bout with self pity. when I received the news I was in a hole wrapping pipe, with a song on my tung and joy in my heart. After hearing the news my joy left instantly.

My budy who was in the hole with me is doughting weather or not he is saved. He fills abandoned I countuned to try and reassure him but my heart wasent in it.
pray for him.

skeettx
08-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Done
Lord, please aid rl69 in his effort to minister to his friend and I continue to lift rl69 up in prayer
Mike

koehn,jim
08-29-2017, 04:39 PM
Prayers sent.