PDA

View Full Version : MP-432-256 HP pictures

Lefty SRH
08-27-2017, 06:56 PM
H&G 503 clone......I am getting ready to order a HP version of is mold. I have a the solid version of this mold and they shoot GREAT! Id like to see a few pictures of youre expanded HP of this boolit in in whatever media you shot them in to.
I have a personal goal to achieve.
Please tell me the alloy that was casted.

KVO
08-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Search for "Loads of Bacon" on YouTube. He has done several videos with this particular boolit and Clear Ballistics gel. I have this same mold and have not found any online testing results with the small HP. My intuition is that it will not open up with anything short of top end loads, possibly out of a rifle length barrel. The large HP and penta seem to have a much lower threshold for expansion. I'd personally like to have some blank pins for that particular mold to try some different cavity profiles. I'm ordering some Clear Ballistics gel in another week or so. I have a pile of various HP cast out of Roto Metals 20:1 and will be posting results as l progress. With all the nay sayers I wonder if we wouldn't benefit from a Cast HP subforum as was done for Coatings & Alternatives.

Lefty SRH
08-29-2017, 10:43 AM
Ill take a look, thanks