PDA

View Full Version : Houston Flood

xbeeman412
08-27-2017, 09:54 AM
We are ground zero. Our 2 acres are filled in 2 feet and water was over it and another 6 inches would have been in the house.

Will try to post a few pictures. Cant get pictures to upload

osteodoc08
08-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Hope the water recedes and doesn't get the house. Prayers sent for the entire area.

DerekP Houston
08-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Man you got hammered out there, prayers for the waters to recede before we get another round.

xbeeman412
08-27-2017, 10:17 AM
We are a mile south of Dickinson Bayou on cemetary road so will be Ok tell the bayou fills where it cant drain.

IH45 has water over it in Dickinson and only able to rescue by boats or chopper.

DerekP Houston
08-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Yeah you got the brunt of the storm it looks like. More buckets on the way unfortunately. Hope the bees are hunkered down too.

xbeeman412
08-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Water in the hives here at the house and dont have any idea what the other yards look like. 28 hives have water in the first box

DerekP Houston
08-27-2017, 10:45 AM
here I was thinking about asking to buy some of your honey too, maybe you can wring it out first?

xbeeman412
08-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Water in the hives here at the house and dont have any idea what the other yards look like. 28 hives have water in the first box

xbeeman412
08-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Channel 11 KHOU has shut down due to water in the studio

myg30
08-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Prayers sent your way. Be safe

Mike

OS OK
08-27-2017, 11:47 AM
KHOU moved to a Federal Reserve Bldg. on Allen Pkwy, Buffalo Bayou is over the banks now and their coverage is limited to a camera on an overpass near one of the bayous...can't find any other live streaming stations on the net.

A kid I grew up with is in Galveston, can't get ahold of him.

Lot's of tornado warnings, right now up near Conroe...

Keep your heads down boys!

SSGOldfart
08-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Charlie hang in there, the bees are replaceable, only time will tell how much rain we get I-10 & I-45 are now covered in water,we evaluated from Freeport area just ahead of landfall so we are back home in Zavalla, heavy heavy rain over night and still Raining here if Toronto's don't get us,I think we are in a safe location.

w5pv
08-27-2017, 01:02 PM
Water,water everywhere and not a drop to drink,So far here at the house there has been enough time in between the down pours for the water to some what run off.We will be ok as long as things go like this.Prayers for all to safely ride this out.God bless us all.

xbeeman412
08-27-2017, 01:06 PM
I talked to another Beekeeper in Sour lake and He said not bad there at 9am. Glad to hear U are not under water yet

koehn,jim
08-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Prayers sent.

Kent Fowler
08-27-2017, 03:32 PM
We are a mile south of Dickinson Bayou on cemetary road so will be Ok tell the bayou fills where it cant drain.

IH45 has water over it in Dickinson and only able to rescue by boats or chopper.

Hope you are still dry with this thing. I lived in Texas City and League City for 35 years, so I know exactly what you are going through. I think the worst one I went through was Alicia in '83. Wasn't a whole lot of water, but the wind and all the tornadoes made up for it. We had no problem getting out of there when I retired.

shdwlkr
08-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Prayers sent for all in the path of Harvey and the destruction it has and will cause

Echo
08-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Talked to my Sis (in Houston) this AM. She & hubby are OK, their street is dry (well, rainy, but drains), and all utilities are up. On far east side...

jsizemore
08-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Talked to my Sis (in Houston) this AM. She & hubby are OK, their street is dry (well, rainy, but drains), and all utilities are up. On far east side...

That's good news.

yancey
08-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Prayers sent to you Brother Charles and all others in the path of this storm .

xs11jack
08-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Can't help directly but can keep praying.
Ole Jack

xbeeman412
08-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Update:

Water going down at the house,still raining and will do so for 2 more days. Got the miller 225 welder hooked up for lights and freezer power so good to go for at least 4 more days with fuel. Will make a fuel run in a day or so.

The Lord has protected Us with little more than a few inconvinences. The freeway at Dickinson is still under water. My freind and his wife and son rescued folks with their boats from the second story homes. They have set their home up as a shelter for a few families.

Smoke4320
08-28-2017, 08:54 PM
Prayers sent that you and yours make it through ok

dg31872
08-28-2017, 09:10 PM
We are 90 miles North of Houston and so far only had 16 inches of rain. The Postal Service announced they are suspending all mail into and out of our zip code until further notice.

Handloader109
08-28-2017, 09:49 PM
Only 16 inches! It's coming your way, more in next two to three days. I Pray it runs off fast.

TXGunNut
08-29-2017, 12:03 PM
I suppose we've all seen the incredible amounts of water in Houston but the city and bayous were meant to handle a huge amount of water....just not this much. My family in the area is all on dry ground so far but they all know folks who have sustained losses, some considerable.

woodbutcher
08-29-2017, 08:55 PM
:( Been through several hurricanes,but never with that amount of rain.As my Dad used to say,look out for Noah`s Ark.Be safe all you fine folks.
Leo

Treetop
08-29-2017, 09:43 PM
We are 90 miles North of Houston and so far only had 16 inches of rain. The Postal Service announced they are suspending all mail into and out of our zip code until further notice.

dg, we are NW of Houston, near Lake Somerville. The official NOAA rain gauge located on the Somerville dam, recorded just over 21 inches, which is about what we unofficially measured here on the ranch.

We lost Internet service for a couple of days and have two nearby bridges temporarily closed.

We also received word that our U.S. mail service will be suspended till further notice.

Treetop

jdfoxinc
08-29-2017, 10:59 PM
My wife's second cousin had water right to the threshold of his Houston home, then it receded.

41magjh
08-29-2017, 11:25 PM
I had to make a quick trip down this past weekend yes Harvey was letting the area get hammered. At my mothers house north of Silsbee Tx she got a lot of rain some areas got more some less. Some houses got flooded in low areas. To put this in prospective for the people in the northeast the area that is being flooded is from the poconos out to Long Island Ny. Houston got the brunt of it but other places are being flooded. Glad to see w5pv fairing well from it my prays go out to everyone that is down their.

SSGOldfart
08-29-2017, 11:57 PM
Yep round three has started at least they think this is the last landfall for Harvey. FM2373, is flooded running water across the road our power has been in and out a few times today very heavy rainfall now my gauge only goes to 5 inches. Which topped out about 1600 today starting to worry about wind damage,many trees falling
Good luck guys

NavyVet1959
08-30-2017, 06:43 AM
Channel 11 KHOU has shut down due to water in the studio

Yeah, I saw that. Kind of makes me wonder why I should be paying any attention to the weather predictions of a station that located themselves in a flood-prone area.

OS OK
08-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Was watching several live leads this AM...one with the Houston Mayor and Police Chief among others in a news conference. It was filled with accolades for each other and the Mayor is trying to soft shoe things. He is responsible for NOT having early evacuations, telling the Governor that this evacuation effort would be 'nonsensical'...recently they found a child cold and shivering and clinging to his drowned Mother, heart wrenching reports.
Houston and surrounding area will be years trying to recover, would imagine the big story coming in the forthcoming weeks will be about insurance companies dodging flood insurance policies.
Addicks dam is releasing water when they can but it puts folks around Katy, one of which is our member here, Dragonheart...I haven't heard from him yet. Other levies around the Brazos and East San Bernard are at maximum...they expect the water to rise to 34.5' this afternoon/evening. That's, I think around 5' over the red flood stage.

I remember hurricanes we had there, I lived on the west side of Houston near Katy...Back in the day when we had meteorologist actually forecasting the warnings, none of this confusing computer modeling and they didn't hold the information back and were stern with their broadcasts...they didn't soft-shoe the forecast or news reports, they gave it to you full force, I think that drove home the urgency to get out of the way. People used to shelter in place and had 'hurricane parties' as the storms would pass...many of these people died from that.

dragon813gt
08-30-2017, 11:32 AM
The Feds are the one who back the flood insurance policies. They were $25 billion short before Harvey hit. And Trump has been proposing cuts to if. Going to be interesting to say the least.

grumman581
08-30-2017, 12:06 PM
We have blue skies today and the water is down on the streets that I drove through. There were still a bunch of abandoned cars that made it more difficult to get through since they were abandoned in the *shallow* part of the road.

Here's the retention pond behind my house. It's normally about 20 ft lower than this.

http://images.spambob.net/grumman581/hurricane-harvey/retention-pond.jpg

Grmps
08-30-2017, 01:53 PM
I was thinking about the Monsoons, but yeah, that too.

OS OK
08-30-2017, 01:53 PM
She musta've been in a big hurry...forgot to put her pants on! . . . :bigsmyl2:

brass410
08-30-2017, 02:31 PM
theres just sumthin about long legs and rubber boots make this bush bunny go HMMMMMMM. come to think of it I'll bet they even look good in full chest waders HMMMMMM darn I hope it starts to rain here

TXGunNut
08-30-2017, 06:29 PM
One thing they learned during a storm awhile back is that it's impossible to "evacuate" the Houston metro area. The evacuation process itself cost lives. Trying to get over 6 million people on the roads out of town is a sure-fire recipe for instant gridlock. Just everyday traffic often results in hours of gridlock. Then you have to figure out where to shelter them. Good luck with that, D/FW area is expecting 10-20,000 and that will take no small expenditure of resources. Lives lost during Harvey so far have for the most part been in vehicles although some casualties will undoubtedly be found in buildings as the waters recede and recovery operations commence. Best plan is to be prepared with food, water and other supplies and shelter in place.

OS OK
08-30-2017, 07:20 PM
They didn't have to move 6 million people...all they had to do was concentrate on the low areas, that's no secret as they flood every time.
Just ask an insurance company where the low areas are...Houston's Mayor dropped the ball on this one.

popper
08-30-2017, 07:34 PM
Houston mayor talked like an idiot on National TV, has shut up since. Don't think he knows where the ball is. You get what you vote for.

OS OK
08-30-2017, 07:55 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see that Mayor get sued or filed on for criminal charges for his 'poopooing' the chance the Governor offered up to pre evacuate...wait until the death and dollar totals tally...Houstonians are going to want to have a good old fashioned lynching!

DerekP Houston
08-30-2017, 09:58 PM
They didn't have to move 6 million people...all they had to do was concentrate on the low areas, that's no secret as they flood every time.
Just ask an insurance company where the low areas are...Houston's Mayor dropped the ball on this one.

I dunno man, I passed a lot of newer subdivisions than mine and they were all water front property now. Not only did my house survive, but my grandfathers too. Somehow we both picked older subdivisions that were planned out well, water still came down but it flowed else where. The same subdivisions I was shopping in for 'better school districts' were under water when we drove out this morning. There was a ton of erosion signs on the creek beds where the water was now lower but still above the banks.

NavyVet1959
08-30-2017, 10:32 PM
I dunno man, I passed a lot of newer subdivisions than mine and they were all water front property now. Not only did my house survive, but my grandfathers too. Somehow we both picked older subdivisions that were planned out well, water still came down but it flowed else where. The same subdivisions I was shopping in for 'better school districts' were under water when we drove out this morning. There was a ton of erosion signs on the creek beds where the water was now lower but still above the banks.

These days, they consider the streets as part of the drainage system. Used to be, houses were just built on the available grade if they had a concrete slab or were built using pier and beam construction. These days, they build subdivisions by bringing in lots of dirt to make the houses higher. This ends up funneling the water into the streets significantly deeper than when the houses were just built on grade or on piers. With the slab on existing grade or with piers, you might have a flood that raises the water level 1 ft over the entire area. If you have a slab on existing grade, you're going to get 1 ft of water in your home. If you have a house built using pier and beam construction, you might have 1 ft of water *under* your house. These days, with all the dirt that gets brought in, that 1 ft of flooding might turn into 4 ft of flooding in the streets because the streets now need to hold all the water that used to be on your property, but within a smaller area. They're getting somewhat better in that they are requiring the developers to set aside space for retention ponds, but I doubt that they hold as much water as the dirt that they brought in to raise the lots. If they do it right, then you end up with streets that flood, but you can still park your car high enough to not flood it. As we've seen lately, that's not always the case. :(

OS OK
08-31-2017, 12:50 AM
I talked with Dragonheart today by e-mail, he's in Katy Texas adjacent to the Addicks dam area. So far he is on high ground with the flooded streets up into the yards but neighbors a couple streets over are not so lucky, they are lower and have water in their homes.

abunaitoo
08-31-2017, 09:48 PM
I've never been to Texas.
I envision it to be all flatlands.
About water level.
Am I correct????

oldblinddog
08-31-2017, 10:14 PM
Davis Mountains
East Texas
Texas Hill Country

dragon813gt
08-31-2017, 10:35 PM
About water level.
Am I correct????

Definitely not. For one it's a huge state. There are many different areas w/ varying terrain and climates. Some parts are foster but the whole state is not.

smokeywolf
08-31-2017, 11:09 PM
We were just in Texas a little less than 6 weeks ago. Son performed with a drum & bugle corp in the Alamodome in San Antonio and in Dallas (didn't see that show). Stayed in camp grounds in Van Horn, Kerrville, outskirts of San Antonio and in Davy Crockett Forest.
Hard not to love Texas.

NavyVet1959
08-31-2017, 11:31 PM
About water level.
Am I correct????

Does all of Hawaii look like this:

http://www.savontourshawaii.com/imagesTour/volcano_tours_hawaii_one_day_lava_flows_night_best _adventure_fun_vacations_volcanos_national_park_di scount_companies_websites.jpg

There's a lot of various topology, but in the Gulf Coast area and eastern parts of the state, we pretty much have an average elevation rise of 1 ft per mile.

On the other hand, we also have areas like this:

http://images.spambob.net/navy-vet-1959/big-bend.jpg

http://texasmountaintrail.com/public/upload/u99/El%20Capitan%20in%20Guadalupe%20Mtns%20NP.jpg

https://www.roadscholar.org//imagevault/publishedmedia/fg0yqd76h81k7bp3fpzj/21363-best-treks-of-west-texas-davis-mountains-big-bend-national-park-rio-grande-lghoz.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1573/26079993306_e3fd6b55c4_b.jpg

But there's also a lot of the state that is as flat as this:

http://www.southtexasranches.com/wp-content/uploads/Peeler20Farm-14-L-628x406.jpg

abunaitoo
08-31-2017, 11:33 PM
Looks like beautiful country.
All the movies and TV shows I've seen show only desert and flat lands.
Person could get lost in those hills.

NavyVet1959
08-31-2017, 11:43 PM
Looks like beautiful country.
All the movies and TV shows I've seen show only desert and flat lands.
Person could get lost in those hills.

Yeah, you get away from the big cities and it's a pretty nice place. If you stay in the cities, you are stuck with concrete -- a LOT of concrete.

Just remember, those movies and TV shows are often filmed in California, so they might not exactly match the terrain that we have here.

But there are a few desert like areas out west. We tend to not live there though. :)

NavyVet1959
09-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Houston flood preparation:

http://images.spambob.net/navy-vet-1959/more-cowbell-beer-320h.jpg

OS OK
09-01-2017, 07:04 PM
BLUE BONNETS !

I wonder if there's a Texican alive today whose Mother didn't place him in a field of Blue Bonnets and take his picture?

:bigsmyl2:

NavyVet1959
09-01-2017, 07:21 PM
BLUE BONNETS !

I wonder if there's a Texican alive today whose Mother didn't place him in a field of Blue Bonnets and take his picture?

:bigsmyl2:

That would have been before fire ants arrived in Texas. :)

OS OK
09-01-2017, 07:49 PM
That would have been before fire ants arrived in Texas. :)

Now would be a good time to take revenge on the fire ants...they are floating in 'islands, rafts of ants...kill them all, Queens and larva included with one swift blow of a propane torch!

NavyVet1959
09-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Now would be a good time to take revenge on the fire ants...they are floating in 'islands, rafts of ants...kill them all, Queens and larva included with one swift blow of a propane torch!

Nawh, there's plenty of areas where we didn't get flooded.

dg31872
09-01-2017, 09:09 PM
We drove to Houston today. About 120 miles to downtown. Had an doctor appointment scheduled.
I was expecting to see devastation from the flooding. Expected to see water everywhere.
I was very surprised.
It looked like pretty much like normal Houston, except the lack of traffic.
The water is gone, for the most part, but talking to the doctor and nurses that live there, we could tell how bad it had been for those that live near the Medical Center.
We are on a hill and had no damage, just inconvience.
We were very lucky.

NavyVet1959
09-01-2017, 09:27 PM
We drove to Houston today. About 120 miles to downtown. Had an doctor appointment scheduled.
I was expecting to see devastation from the flooding. Expected to see water everywhere.
I was very surprised.
It looked like pretty much like normal Houston, except the lack of traffic.
The water is gone, for the most part, but talking to the doctor and nurses that live there, we could tell how bad it had been for those that live near the Medical Center.
We are on a hill and had no damage, just inconvience.
We were very lucky.

Well, the Med Center area has flooded for as long as I can remember and that was even from just *normal* rains. Too much trouble to fix a bad design, so they just keep making the same mistake over and over again. :(

dg31872
09-01-2017, 10:02 PM
The doctor said he lives in Bel Air, where ever that is, had about a foot of water in his house. Second time for him.
Said he had enough, he is selling his house and moving elsewhere.
Excellent doctor. Hate to lose him, but I can't blame him.

NavyVet1959
09-01-2017, 10:21 PM
The doctor said he lives in Bel Air, where ever that is, had about a foot of water in his house. Second time for him.
Said he had enough, he is selling his house and moving elsewhere.
Excellent doctor. Hate to lose him, but I can't blame him.

Basically west of the Med Center, near the western side of the 610 loop, but south of US-59.

He still might stay in the Houston area. There's a lot of areas that didn't flood. Or he could just raise his house. That area probably isn't controlled by a bunch of damn HOA Nazis who try to prevent you from doing anything on your house.

xbeeman412
09-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Here is a link to the flooding rain totals in Galveston county tx area where I live.
http://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_6655256a-2ac8-5b53-8558-716e987b0302.html

Take time to go to this link on the forum:http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?342387-Hurricane-Harvey-Relief

Please keep Praying for all affected.

rl69
09-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Both my wife's boys their family's friends all live in vidor most lost everything.few close calls but everyone is ok. I haven't been able to visit much

abunaitoo
09-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Not much on the news anymore.
Is the storm over????

DerekP Houston
09-02-2017, 11:08 PM
Not much on the news anymore.
Is the storm over????

Storm is over, just dealing with high water and slow drainage now. I got notified by our subdivision that the water treatment plant has failed for us.

Boolit_Head
09-02-2017, 11:13 PM
We are under warnings for the sewer as well. The flooding has gotten higher and about a mile closer to the house.

abunaitoo
09-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Glad the storm is over.
Now is the clean up time.
Be safe.

rl69
09-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Just got a report from Linda's oldest Russell . All but 6 houses in his edition were flooded out,two guys are there holding down the fort. Russell told one of the guys to go to his house he had five gas cans full of gas in his shop,go get it and empty his freezer it was full of food.

While they were there two guys in a flat bottom came by 30 minuets later hevely armed Texas Rangers were in the neighborhood looking for looters.

Down South
09-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Hey Charles. It's good to see that you made it. I sent you a message a few days ago checking on you.
I'll be heading back to Houston tomorrow. There are enough open roads that I can make it now. I'll just have to take a few different routs to get back to my RV.

rl69
09-03-2017, 09:51 PM
The youngest just got back from his house in vidor he said it not that bad all he has to replace is four feet up.he said he was going to go back home tomorrow and start tearing out and cleaning up.

NoAngel
09-03-2017, 10:17 PM

Found this on another forum.
Texans are like cheap toilet paper. They don't cråp off nobody, even YOU mother nature. Little flooding ain't gonna stop some good Texas BBQ!

NavyVet1959
09-03-2017, 10:26 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=203322&d=1504491337&thumb=1

Found this on another forum.
Texans are like cheap toilet paper. They don't cråp off nobody, even YOU mother nature. Little flooding ain't gonna stop some good Texas BBQ!

Most definitely. I was out riding my Harley around yesterday and could smell quite a few places where people were doing some grilling / BBQing. And this was in areas where they were dry and had not lost power for any length of time, so it's not like they *had* to cook the meat to keep it from spoiling.

NavyVet1959
09-05-2017, 11:47 AM
This was not the first time Houston has flooded and it won't be the last. We will dry out and be back to normal. It's just what we do.

http://resize.tegna-media.com/remote/content.khou.com/photo/2017/09/04/heights%20flood%201935%20c%20detail%20_15045861825 42_10611565_ver1.0.jpg?preset=wx-large

http://resize.tegna-media.com/remote/content.khou.com/photo/2017/09/04/flood%201929%20home%20a_1504586177790_10611552_ver 1.0.jpg?preset=wx-large

NavyVet1959
09-05-2017, 01:58 PM
It's been a week... Many neighborhoods have drained, but some haven't...

Before...
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/65/45/26/14046607/3/1024x1024.jpg

After...
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/65/45/26/14046606/3/1024x1024.jpg

Before...
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/65/45/26/14046596/3/1024x1024.jpg

After...
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/65/45/26/14046597/3/1024x1024.jpg

Before...
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/65/45/26/14046598/7/1024x1024.jpg

After...
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/65/45/26/14046599/3/1024x1024.jpg

You just have to remember the important things in life...
https://austindetours.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/salt4.jpg

dragon813gt
09-05-2017, 03:31 PM
You just have to remember the important things in life...
https://austindetours.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/salt4.jpg

That place is a complete tourist trap. And I wasn't impressed w/ the quality of the food. I share your sentiment on life. But there is a lot better barbecue in Texas.

NavyVet1959
09-05-2017, 03:37 PM
That place is a complete tourist trap. And I wasn't impressed w/ the quality of the food. I share your sentiment on life. But there is a lot better barbecue in Texas.

When I was last there, they had some pretty spicy jalapenos and I was impressed with them. But yeah, there are better BBQ joints around, but very few where you can bring your own cooler of beer to drink while waiting for a table. :)

But I was mainly just looking for a photo that best illustrated BBQing of copious quantities of meat in Texas.

This one wouldn't have cut it:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2e/06/f9/2e06f9eef8b246ecf1f83eb9ce6007e6.jpg

abunaitoo
09-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Does it taste like chicken????

NavyVet1959
09-05-2017, 06:53 PM

My experience with eating BBQed gator was that it tasted kind of like chicken -- at least chicken that had been marinated in moldy swamp water... :)

Of course, with Hurricane Irma headed to Florida, it's time for some BBQed iguana... :)

http://www.trippyfood.com/wp-content/gallery/iguana/123-iguana-05.jpg

http://www.trippyfood.com/wp-content/gallery/iguana/123-iguana-14.jpg

dragon813gt
09-05-2017, 07:39 PM

It tastes like a chicken w/ the texture of a rubber chicken. Not bad but not very good either.

Finster101
09-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Yep, looks like you Texas folks didn't corner the market on lousy weather. Could start getting a little exciting around here about Sunday.

NavyVet1959
09-05-2017, 10:31 PM
The Barker and Addicks reservoirs which are causing such a flooding issue for the people over on the west side of Houston were created in response to the Texas Flood of 1935. Here's what downtown Houston looked like at that time.

http://americandigest.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/clip_image0024-1.jpg

I suspect the businesses say, "fix this flooding issue or we'll take our tax revenue somewhere else". And the city probably replied, "Ye$, Ma$$a..."

starmac
09-06-2017, 11:04 AM
My son got back to the lake Jackson area yesterday with his fifth wheel, got it parked high and dry but the sewer plant is flooded, so no sewer. lol
The man camp where he left all his work cloths and gear is not flooded, but only because it is 4 feet off the ground, you can't get to it.
Apparently this stuff just flooded in the last few days when the brazos crested.

DerekP Houston
09-06-2017, 11:21 AM
We will be heading back this Friday to see if the waters got any higher in our neighborhoods or have receeded a bit. My understanding is the sewer services will be offline for awhile longer so we are washing everything here before we return. Hope things are getting back to normal, we're also going grocery shopping here prior to the drive back. Might not be gourmet food but everyone is welcome to red beans and rice at my house =).

Just hope the looters and burglaries have skirted my neighborhood as people get bored/restless when they can't go anywhere.