PDA

View Full Version : The LASC Extravaganza

cbrick
08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
August 30th, 31st, September 1st 2008. Labor Day Weekend.

Everyone is invited, no membership or affiliation to any group or organization required. Silhouette shooter or not, if you enjoy a day (or three) at the range this is for you.

$50.00 entry fee for all three days for all the entries you can shoot plus all you can eat Saturday and Sunday evening BBQ's.

Free on site camping with limited RV electric hook-up, first come first served. Water and RV dump available at the range but not at campsites. Tent camping also available.

Normal silhouette 100 and 200 meter 40 round match format. Bigbore handgun (every category), smallbore handgun (every category), smallbore rifle, cast bullet rifle (any rifle, the only limitation is target damage), Hunter/field pistol, smallbore hunter pistol.

No advance or pre-registration, simply show up and see how much you can shoot and eat. This is more fun than you can have in three days, It's party time at LASC.

Rick

cbrick
08-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I should have included a link to the Extravaganza page on the web site.

The Extravaganza (http://www.lasc.us/extravaganza.htm)

Rick

cbrick
08-07-2008, 08:46 PM
So far Extrvaganza attendance from cast boolits will be Boomer Mickey and his wife, Mugs and his wife Bev and possibly Rigmarol (David) and his wife.

Surely there must be others here that are on or near enough the west coast and would enjoy three days of shooting, eating and great folks. This is a weekend you'll remember for a long, long time.

Only a couple of weeks away now, time to make plans.

Rick

Scrounger
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Buckshot and Deputy Al are close enough and they would thoroughly enjoy it. Heck, Jim Henry drives all the way from Barstow to attend. Send them a personal invite.

cbrick
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey Scrounger, do you know Jim Henry? A true gentleman he is and the best TC smith there is. Yep, he drives to LASC sometimes almost weekly.

Good idea, I'll PM them and see if I could peak some interest in them. But area 51 is close enough also isn't it?

Rick

Jon K
08-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Rick,

I'll be there 1 or 2 days.

I'll talk to Buckshot Sunday, but he's got his plate full with house remodel, contractors, inspectors and new machinery(install), as well as moving exisisting lathe(anchor, level, and rewire).

Al just moved(Ridgecreest), and is settling in.

Jon

cbrick
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks Jon,

I was gonna PM them but if your gonna talk with Buchshot that's fine. Are you going to talk with Al or should I PM him? I'd love to see both of them at the event but that's not likely if we don't make them aware of it.

So far cast boolit members attending:

Jon K
Boomer Mickey & wife Karen
Mugs & Bev
David & Sharon (Rigmarol)

Rick

Trailblazer
08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I might go but it is in the middle of A-zone deer season and more than likely I will be hunting. Them fellers sure don't have their priorities straight!

Jon K
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Rick,

Send Al a PM, He's real good about responding to messages.

There are some other locals that are members here, maybe they'll stop by, if not to shoot, just chat & visit.

Jon

9.3X62AL
08-08-2008, 07:10 PM
CB Rick--

Saw this thread, and thanks kindly for the invite! I'm not too sure right now if I'll be clear to go, but would love to. I should know more as the month progresses. I doubt I'll do any shooting, but look forward to meeting some of the folks I've only met on the net so far. That lunch part has no small appeal, for sure! Saturday would be the best day for me, I'll be hunting on 9-1 and would like a free day in between trips.

Thanks again, sir!

cbrick
08-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Al, that's great, I really hope you can make it but don't make that drive without bringing at least a couple of guns, you'll regret it if you don't.

Each shoot through is 40 rounds, 8 strings of 5 shots plus 5 sighter’s, two minutes for each 5 shot string. This isn't a championship match, just a great get together to see how much shootin ya can do. Fun first, score second. Most any rifle, handgun, center fire or rimfire, does not have to be "a silhouette gun". The only limiting factor is target damage so could probably leave the 375 H&H Mag at home. Needing to get off 5 shots in two minutes kinda lets out the front stuffers too. Should take about 45-50 minutes for each shoot through.

The "lunch" you referred to is actually dinner on both Saturday evening and Sunday evening and both are included with the entry fee, eatin starts right after the shootin.

Rick

cbrick
08-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Here's a link to a map and directions to LASC.

For anyone planning on coming to LASC for the first time, there is a retail store dedicated to handloading on the ASR property (LASC is at ASR).

Directions to LASC (http://www.lasc.us/wherearewe.htm)

http://www.lasc.us/ReloadStore.jpg

Rick

9.3X62AL
08-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Another plug for the store at ASR. Very good powder prices, compared to other retail outlets in SoCal. Make sure to check the sale bin, I found a RCBS 25-85-CB mold for $45 there this spring.

CB Rick, check for PM.

Buckshot
08-09-2008, 09:44 PM
.............Alas early AM Saturday Donna and I will be leaving for my folks over in Sierra Vista, AZ. Plus I'll be loosing out there too as the swap meet in SV is on Saturday. There's ALWAYS guns available :-)

................Buckshot

cbrick
08-11-2008, 05:57 PM
That's a shame Buckshot but family's important, what can ya say. Maybe next year.

Usually guns for sale the Extrvavganza also. Normally a couple of tables full of "stuff" but rarely bullet moulds. Too many lazy farts shooting store bought full length gas checks.

Rick

RugerFan
08-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I wish there was a southeast equivalent. Sounds like fun! :Fire:

cbrick
08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
So far cast boolit members attending:

Jon K
Boomer Mickey & wife Karen
Mugs & Bev
David & Sharon (Rigmarol)

Possible attendance:

9.3X62AL (Al)

There must be more cast boolit members that could attend this event. You do not need to be a silhouette shooter, just enjoy a day or three at the range, like to shoot, eat and spend time with a lot of like minded folks. Most action types permitted with target damage the only limiting factor. If there is no category for your rifle or handgun we'll make one for you so you can shoot but no trophy for these categoies.

Another reason for attending the Extravaganza, gunsmith Jim Henry will be set up right at the range for a wide range smithing services that doesn't require machine tools. Jim is a master with trigger jobs on TC's to single & double action revolver's to a wide range of rifles.

Free RV or tent camping at the range.

Rick

xyrth
08-25-2008, 02:06 PM
this is something i've wanted to try, but haven't taken the initiative to do yet. i wish i could attend, but i'll be in Seattle this weekend.

mebbe one of you locals can show me the ropes of silhouette shooting in the near future?

would be much appreciated.

cbrick
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Sure xyrth, all new silhouette shooters get free coaching through the coarse of fire at LASC to help them get started. Check out out schedule page and come on out at any of our monthly matches.

LASC Schedule of Events (http://www.lasc.us/EventSched.htm)

Rick

Jon K
08-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Rick,

T-shirts this year?

Jon

cbrick
09-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Jon, sorry I didn't answer this sooner, been mostly at the range for the past several days.

Yes, there is Extravaganza T shirts and hats. Also gun raffle tickets for a custom built Anshutz with shilen barrel, Leupold scope, Dewey trigger & more.

Rick