PDA

View Full Version : Jerimiah 12;9

Boaz
08-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Jerimiah 12;9
Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.

What does this mean ?

WILCO
08-26-2017, 05:08 PM
What's the full context?

claude
08-26-2017, 06:09 PM
It is saying God's peculiar people have become loathsome to Him and he is calling forth those nations round about to come devour the land of Judea and Jerusalem. This is in reference to the Babylonian captivity predicated on a nation who had ceased to serve God in all but lip service.

That's the short answer.

Boaz
08-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Dang WILCO you would have to read Jerimiah 12 . Should be enjoyable ! Very short book really .Thanks for asking .

Boaz
08-26-2017, 06:13 PM
It is saying God's peculiar people have become loathsome to Him and he is calling forth those nations round about to come devour the land of Judea and Jerusalem. This is in reference to the Babylonian captivity predicated on a nation who had ceased to serve God in all but lip service.

That's the short answer.

claude , but what is the speckled bird ?

w5pv
08-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info

claude
08-26-2017, 06:22 PM
Boaz, the speckled bird is a bird of prey (an unclean animal), an analogy for the people who rejected God's covenant, Or a hyena (again an unclean animal), which ever symbolism you wish to choose, still the same people having become filthy (unclean and useless)in the eyes of our Father.

Knowing you, and I say this kindly, I assume you are after a certain point, I'll be patient, knowing you will indeed reveal it in your good time.

Knowing me, I see this happening around us every day, people praising God with their lips, but not their works, reveling in a form of Godliness without the substance......speckled birds.........hyenas, waiting to devour the innocent. YMMV

Boaz
08-26-2017, 06:44 PM
I give a big hint . It will be fun .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Towf6nIpo

Boaz
08-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Ahh the speckled bird ! That Jesus told Peter of it . That through the specked bird that has lead us , taught us and strengthened us .

Boaz
08-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Such an easy question . I thought this would be answered before I went to bed but seems will not be . Thank you and good night ..rest well .

rl69
08-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Clawed :) hit the nail on the head the speckled bird is the people of Israel

Starting in verse 7
7“I have abandoned my people, my special possession.
I have surrendered my dearest ones to their enemies.
8My chosen people have roared at me like a lion of the forest,
so I have treated them with contempt.
9My chosen people act like speckled vultures,a
but they themselves are surrounded by vultures.
Bring on the wild animals to pick their corpses clean!

Boaz
08-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Ya'll are doin good !