PDA

View Full Version : need help. 9mm wont feed.

Bullshop Junior
08-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok, I got this CZ 52, with three mags, and the 9mm barrel. I cant sell it for what I got in to it, so I am just going to keep it. I just got a truck, and want to keep it under the seat. never know when there is going to be a half dead moose in the road. happened last year. Ok, any way. I got the 3 7.62X25, clips, and never shoot the 7.62X25. I HATE losing brass. evan 9mm, but I can take that only alittle better. any way! This gun will not feed the 9mm out of the clips, exept the last three. Ok any way! I doent want to ream it out to 9mm super, becouse that takes me right back to the brass thing. Did I tell you that I HATE LOSING BRASS. any way! I need to get this thing to feed. I was thinking about takeing a 9mm single stack follower, and spring, and then make a space that will work like a feed ramp in the front of the mag, or putting a spacer in the back of the mag. what ever work better. Has any one done this, and have tips, or are does any one have any other ideas?
BIC/BS Jr./Daniel

Scrounger
08-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Who is posting? If it's Jr, can you legally own a truck, much less a pistol, in Alaska? I don't care but I'd be a little more circumspect about what I posted on the Internet, everyone has enemies.

This is in reference to your age.

waksupi
08-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Around here, it is certainly legal for anyone to own such things.

mooman76
08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
You could try polishing the feed ramp. That may help or you could just load all three mags with just 3rnds apeace. Just kidding on the last one. If polishing the ramp don't work give yours a try or do both. Maybe a different bullet would work. You didn't say what you were usuing for a bullet.

Willbird
08-03-2008, 02:14 PM
You could try polishing the feed ramp. That may help or you could just load all three mags with just 3rnds apeace. Just kidding on the last one. If polishing the ramp don't work give yours a try or do both. Maybe a different bullet would work. You didn't say what you were usuing for a bullet.

There may be some benefit in picking a LONGER bullet, if it will shoot decent :-)

Bill

Scrounger
08-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Around here, it is certainly legal for anyone to own such things.

Under 18, or 16, or whatever age he is? Legal and tolerated are two different things.

Sprue
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Thats a common problem with the 9mm conversion. You can slightly/carefully bend or spread the front of the magazine feed lips outward so that it will allow the round to rise or point up a little sooner before it chambers. It doesn't take very much of a tweak. YMMV

HeavyMetal
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Jr.:
We know you don't like losing brass but what we don't know is the type of feeding problem your having.

So is it:
not chambering completely, not ejecting, or simply not stripping the rounds out of the mag or is the mag not getting the rounds up far enough to have the slide strip them off the top?

Each of these issues has it's own answer.

I'm going to take a guess and say the rounds aren't being pulled from the mag right.

I will suggest you take one mag and make it your 9 mm mule! Test the spring and see if it seems to have enough push to get the rounds out of the mag. If it does then changing the feed lips with a little bending and polishing is the way you want to go. You may also want to make sure that the recoil spring is strong enough to pull the rounds off the top of the mag.

I had a little Ruger 22 auto that wouldn't feed rounds until they were low in the mag, reduced spring pressure in the mag with no rounds in it, a new recoil spring and it worked like new!

waksupi
08-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Here is Montana's take on it.

Montana Code Annotated § 45-8-344 prohibits a parent, guardian, or other person having charge or custody of a minor child under the age of 14 from allowing the child to carry or use in public any firearms, except when the child is accompanied by a person having charge or custody of the child or under the supervision of a qualified firearms safety instructor or an adult who has been authorized by the parent or guardian. Section 45-8-345 requires the county attorney, on complaint of any person, to prosecute violations of section 45-8-344, which constitute a misdemeanor.

So, over 14 here, they can possess a firearm.

However, you are right, in that Federal law does make restrictions.

MtGun44
08-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I have a CZ52 and a 9mm conversion barrel which feeds perfectly.

Please describe the feeding problem more precisely and I will see if I can
help. I hate losing brass, too - the non-reloadable Romanian surplus helps
that a lot!. If you buy non-reloadable steel case Russian (at least, I think it
is non-reloadable) it may help for the 9mm.

Now that I think a second time, I have reloaded some steel case .45ACP
Russian range pickup cases, so maybe the steel 9mm is actually reloadable.

In any case - more info needed, there are a lot of different failure types that
you can get with a semi-auto.

Bill