PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Pistol Powder Measure

mdi
08-25-2017, 01:00 PM
I came across my old Pacific Pistol Powder Measure that uses Hornady PPM bushings. I was really satisfied with the measure and customized some bushings for specific charges. Now I'm looking for some more bushings but can't seem to find any, just Hornady bushings for shot shell reloading and the numbering system is different (don't know if they are the same size and fit into my Pacific either). Anybody know where I can find the "old style" bushings? The last time I bought any, 7-8 years ago, they were available from a couple reloading equip. vendors, but not now...

Green Frog
08-25-2017, 02:15 PM
I came across my old Pacific Pistol Powder Measure that uses Hornady PPM bushings. I was really satisfied with the measure and customized some bushings for specific charges. Now I'm looking for some more bushings but can't seem to find any, just Hornady bushings for shot shell reloading and the numbering system is different (don't know if they are the same size and fit into my Pacific either). Anybody know where I can find the "old style" bushings? The last time I bought any, 7-8 years ago, they were available from a couple reloading equip. vendors, but not now...

They're on e-Bay about every day. I have the older version that uses a brass rotor instead of a slide and bushing like yours does... now they're tough to find! Push comes to shove, your rotors are a simple make for any machinist with a lathe and some brass (or even aluminum) stock.

Froggie

mdi
08-25-2017, 02:36 PM
They're on e-Bay about every day. I have the older version that uses a brass rotor instead of a slide and bushing like yours does... now they're tough to find! Push comes to shove, your rotors are a simple make for any machinist with a lathe and some brass (or even aluminum) stock.

Froggie
Yessir, but I want to make sure of the size and fit before I spend $6.00- $12.00 plus shipping for a bushing that may or may not work. The bushings for the Pacific Pistol measure I'm looking for have size designations of 1 through 25, not the shotgun reloading measure...

SWANEEDB
08-25-2017, 04:30 PM
You may want to look on the 'Star reloading forum', do think the Star bushings are the same as what you are needing, sold several 000 to a gent there a few years ago, forget his name, he is a Star reloader rebuilder, nice gent.

Mike W1
08-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Been a couple years since I looked but Hornady was still making them at that time. Check their web site.

Ole Joe Clarke
08-26-2017, 05:49 AM
If you are talking about the small powder measure that uses a slide and brass bushings, they they are .500 outside diameter x 1/2" long with various inside diameters. I have blanks that I drill and ream to various diameters for different powder charges.

Wayne Smith
08-26-2017, 07:29 AM
Yup, what Joe says. I do the same thing, even posted a pic of me doing one on my wood lathe once.

mdi
08-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Yup, what Joe says. I do the same thing, even posted a pic of me doing one on my wood lathe once.

I did the same, when I had a lathe. I'm just looking for some stock Hornady bushings, as designated for a Pacific Pistol Powder Measure with the PPPM size designations. I could prolly go to the hardware store and find a 1/2"x1/2" bushing (bearing), but I'm not into another multi-day project right now. Just wanted to buy some stock bushing, like the other 10 I have...

pojv
08-26-2017, 12:51 PM
MDI
Just sent you a PM
Phil