PDA

View Full Version : A couple things for this forum..

brayhaven
08-25-2017, 10:22 AM
That came to mind..
As a fan of classic European sporting guns and importer (Classicsportingguns.com). I've done a lot of case forming for those obsolete calibers.. Some of them take several steps and annealing is needed as the brass work hardens. Having tried many ways to do it, this is the best & easiest way I've found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JefeULWk494
I also anneal bottleneck brass every few loadings so I don't have to form as often. The brass lasts longer.

Also, if you can find a copy, A great book on the subject with "recipes", techniques, forming and load data and peripheral stuff like odd size bullet swaging dies, I recommend George Nonte's Book: "The Home Guide to Cartridge Conversions.

Greg

Hick
08-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Another good one is the "Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions" by John Donnely and Bryce Towsley

osteodoc08
08-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Another good one is the "Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions" by John Donnely and Bryce Towsley

I passed on a copy at Ollies a few months ago and am now kicking myself.

15meter
09-02-2017, 10:26 PM

Check Amazon, they show them for about $20. You could wait to see if they come back through Ollie's, I have seen it there several times over the last couple of years. I got my copy and a backup copy from Ollie's for $7.00.

15meter
09-02-2017, 10:28 PM

Check Amazon, they show them for about $20. You could wait to see if they come back through Ollie's, I have seen it there several times over the last couple of years. I got my copy and a backup copy from Ollie's for $7.00.

KenT7021
09-03-2017, 04:22 PM
A while back I purchased a copy of Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions from Hamilton Booksellers for less than $5.00 in paperback.They seem to have sold out but they have other firearms related books.