PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use this bullet lube?

Just Duke
08-03-2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/

White Label Canuba Red
http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/pics/hs-02.jpg

Will it work for most cartridges? 40 S&W, .45ACP and 45 Long Colt?
and/or 45-70 and 500 S&W?

If not I would be open to suggestions.
I also would require a lube that would work in cold weather seeing that is where most of my shooting/hunting willbe taking place.

TIA,
Duke

yodar
08-03-2008, 11:48 AM
White label is on my replacement list (as in replacing my home made lubes)

I Have heard nothing but praise about this line of products

I KNOW how much work is needed to MAKE my own lubes and HIS lubes offer the better labor saving alternative

His formulas are the ones I use, The man must love his work, cause his product value far exceeds the cost

yodar

dromia
08-03-2008, 12:28 PM
It's the same as Lee uses in their liquid alox, but at a freindly price.

I use it for gallery loads that aren't doing more than 1,100 fps.

If you don't want to tumble then any of the white Label lubes are good, I use them exclusively. Carnauba Red works well at higher velocities and is pretty smokeless to but needs heater.

BAC is worth a try too as is 50/50, 2500 and the BPCR supreme if you do BP cartridge.

Just Duke
08-03-2008, 12:31 PM
It's the same as Lee uses in their liquid alox, but at a freindly price.

I use it for gallery loads that aren't doing more than 1,100 fps.

Suppose I need to clarify that a little. White Label Canuba Red

I just re-edited my first post. ;)

Johnch
08-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Suppose I need to clarify that a little. White Label

I just re-edited my first post. ;)

I buy Canuba Red regularly and use it for all my high speed pistol and rifle loads

Great stuff

Even tryed it at 2600 + FPS in the 223
No leading
But I would not call the 5 shots a group either at 14" [smilie=1:[smilie=1:

It needs some heat to work out of my Lyman sizer

John

EDK
08-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I've been using the 50/50 for smokeless lead boolit loads...am going to try BAC and 2500 in the order I placed last week. The 50/50 is OK, but I'd like something a little stiffer BUT that does not require a heater in my STAR.

Lars sent me a couple sample sticks of Canuba Red and I'm trying it out now BUT it does require a little heat...I've got a MIDWAYUSA heater under the STAR, but I'd rather not use it.

The Black Powder Cartridge Lube is good stuff too...about 1/3d the price of *** and works as well for me in the 50/90 SHILOH SHARPS. Mike Venturino uses SPG for his boolits for smokeless; I've been wanting to try it, but haven't so far.

One needs to balance lube softness versus weather. Even with Air conditioning, the softer lubes are a little tacky. St Louis has been in the 90s and humidity d--- close; a lot different than 'Vegas. Two years ago, we were at Boise at 105 and about 20% humidity...and comfortable outside with a ceiling fan on a shaded patio. My sister-in-law (from here in Missouri) couldn't understand why her ice tea glass stayed dry...or that you weren't sweating badly.

There's a lot of experimenting to do for your specific needs. That's one of the joys (and bigger PITAs!) about casting and reloading. Pick the product from Lars...THEY'RE ALL GOOD!

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

jhrosier
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I've been using 2500+ since last year with very good results.
I have just switched to Carnauba Red and the bores on some of my rifles are slightly cleaner than with the 2500+.
Both are very good lubes and Glenn has several other recipies so you should be able to find one that gives you good results.
You can't hardly beat the price either. You can get a dozen sticks for what three of any other brand sell for in the gun stores.

Jack

kooz
08-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I use both the Red Carnuba and the BAC in pistol loads from 750-1600fps and both work excellent. The Red carnuba is a little stiffer and less sticky and makes handling the bullets easier.

Newtire
08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
I used the Carnauba Red until I ran out and it has been the best stuff! I also have good luck with Felix-Lube.

I left a Folgers can with 1000 lubed gas checked 180 grain .359 boolits in the back seat floorboards during the 100+º weather we had for days on end and none of the lube migrated, I shoot it at highest rifle velocities probably 22-2300 FPS by guestimation and always great. No smoke either like LLA.

Tom W.
08-03-2008, 11:24 PM
I just put in an order for 10 sticks of the carnuba red. I got a sample some time ago and tried it in my 30-06. I was really pleased!

Dale53
08-04-2008, 12:15 AM
I use Lars Carnauba Red for everything now. I have shot several thousand rounds of pistol (target) with it with excellent results. I have also used it with smokeless loads and heavy 45/70 loads (in a Marlin and a Ruger #3).

It requires a bit of heat to apply, but is not nearly so "sticky" as 50/50 and has a higher melting point. It is my present choice for all speeds.

Dale53

Bodine
08-04-2008, 07:16 AM
White label is made by Glen Larson and he is a straight shooter, good guy.
I dont know how he makes and sells it for the price, I think he is practically giving it away.
I have tried his carnauba red and it is good lube, havent tried any of the others, but I hear good things about it.

mstarling
08-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I have switched from Felix Lube and 50/50 NRA Alox to Carnauba Red exclusively. I use it for 9mm, 41 Mag, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, as well as 30 caliber, 9,3, .375, and .458 rifle.

Is a great lube! At a great price! Shipping is even reasonable!

(Reminds me I need to order more.)