PDA

View Full Version : Pray for the Gulf coast.

Hickok
08-24-2017, 06:50 PM
We need prayer for all the good folks around the Gulf Coast as this hurricane approaches. I know many of you are here on this site, and my prayers go out to you for God's protection and safety.

Also would like to apologize for missing many prayer requests lately.

Ken "Hickok"

Boaz
08-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Way they are talking it's going to get bad down on the coast here in Texas . Hickok is right ...they need our prayers . I got family down there .

CASTER OF LEAD
08-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Lord please watch over your children as this storm bares down upon them. Protect them as they seek shelter, and those that stay behind. Bless and keep them safe in your arms. Also Lord I pray that you watch over all who must face this storm head on to protect people and property. This in Jesus name I pray. AMEN

Pine Baron
08-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Prayers sent. Amen, Caster.
Thanks Hickok for bringing this here, and no apology necessary, we know where your heart is.

koehn,jim
08-25-2017, 07:38 AM
Will do.

Hickok
08-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Lord please watch over your children as this storm bares down upon them. Protect them as they seek shelter, and those that stay behind. Bless and keep them safe in your arms. Also Lord I pray that you watch over all who must face this storm head on to protect people and property. This in Jesus name I pray. AMENAnd amen!

w5pv
08-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the prayers and concern

opos
08-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Done and done...

texasnative46
08-25-2017, 12:43 PM
To All,

THANKS so much for your prayers.

Fyi, I'm trying to figure out how to get my lady OUT of Houston sometime today. = Where she is is "low lying land" & may well be badly flooded. = She is watching the sky for a "break" & will then evacuate.

yours, tex

buckwheatpaul
08-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Father, I would like to pray for all those people in the path of Hurricane Harvey. Please let the sand bags get filled; the homes and businesses protected; and those that can leave to leave and avoid the furry of this storm. Please guard and watch over the Law Enforcement; military; first responders, and medical personnel that must stay. Keep them out of harms way and allow them to help those in need. AMEN

big bore 99
08-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Prayers sent.

KMac
08-25-2017, 02:20 PM
I was in Houston yesterday on business and was going to fly back to Dallas today. I was able to cut my meetings short and get a flight back to Dallas last night. I had to call several times and was able to get a seat on Southwest. Everyone was trying to get out at the same time. My buddy in Missouri City told they had cancelled all flights this morning and I would have been stuck there.
Thank all of you for the prayers. I have a son at school at San Marcus and it supposed to flood significantly there also.
So say a prayer for him too.
Kevin
To All,

THANKS so much for your prayers.

Fyi, I'm trying to figure out how to get my lady OUT of Houston sometime today. = Where she is is "low lying land" & may well be badly flooded. = She is watching the sky for a "break" & will then evacuate.

yours, tex

Blackwater
08-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Amen, Hickock, et all. Until one has seen the actual force that "Mother Nature" can display, one cannot even imagine what the reality of it is really like! I know there'll be those who will refuse to abandon their homes, no matter what kinds of warnings will be given. I pray especially for those. Most who've done that and lived, know better if there's a 2nd time! And I know some lives will be lost, no matter how hard we pray. I know many homes will be lost, but better to lose a home than the home AND one's own life! If we yet live, we can re-build, and maybe God wants us to have something different than what we have now?

Lord, bless and keep my friends and everyone there of faith. Be as gentle as possible with them, Lord. Hold their hands, and see them through this coming storm. And the children, Lord, I pray for them especially. They have to do whatever their parents tell them to, so I pray a special blessing on them, that you will protect them, and keep them in the palm of your hand as this huge storm goes through. And for all the rest, Lord, I pray this will bring many to you, when they see thy Mighty Hand in action. Let good come from this storm, despite its evil destruction of so many people's work and efforts to build. Give them faith enough to work together for each other's good. And let the hearts of many be opened, as well as their ears and eyes, and let them see what wonders you truly possess and control. We know a cup cannot hold more until it's been deepened by being whittled away on the inside. Thank you for your many blessings and mercies, and we pray you will continue them even through this storm. Amen.

texasnative46
08-25-2017, 05:19 PM
To All,

As I've said elsewhere on the forums, it sometimes seems that I've spent half of my 70 years on storm recovery duty. = IF I get "called up" by the TXSG this go-round, it will be #13 in hurricanes & I long ago lost count of the tornados that I helped on.
(THE PARIS TORNADO was the WORST so far.)

PLEASE pray for everyone involved, including our brave EMTs, paramedics, firemen, peace officers & guardsmen, who will be OUT IN the storm trying to save lives, too.

My ARNG driver & I were literally blown off the road & into a deep ditch during one storm, so I know what those brave/dedicated folks will be facing. = Thankfully neither of us were badly injured, though the truck was a total loss..
(We were in a 1.5 ton truck at the time, so a car wouldn't have done as well.)

yours, tex

Blackwater
08-26-2017, 06:29 PM
Amen, Tex! You folks do an amazing job! And under the most difficult conditions I think are possible! Thanks for all you do, and all the rest of your compadres. God keep you all in the palm of His hand!

texasnative46
08-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Blackwater,

I was told late yesterday PM that I'm "too old to call out this time". = Truthfully, I was somewhat relieved, as you can only roll the dice a certain number of times before "crapping out", permanently.

So this time I'm a "bystander" & just praying for our 1st responders, of whatever agency/volunteer group.

yours, tex

tinhorn97062
08-27-2017, 12:12 AM
I was in Houston yesterday on business and was going to fly back to Dallas today. I was able to cut my meetings short and get a flight back to Dallas last night. I had to call several times and was able to get a seat on Southwest. Everyone was trying to get out at the same time. My buddy in Missouri City told they had cancelled all flights this morning and I would have been stuck there.
Thank all of you for the prayers. I have a son at school at San Marcus and it supposed to flood significantly there also.
So say a prayer for him too.
Kevin

Kevin,

I'm in New Braunfels. Please let me know if I can help your son in any way. San Marcos is right up the road, and I'm well equipped to travel if needed.

Three44s
08-27-2017, 12:33 AM
Prayers sent to the good people of Texas that are affected by this unique storm!

Three44s

WRideout
08-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Father, watch over the people of Texas and protect them from harm. Especially bless all the public safety workers and volunteer helpers who are on the scene. Amen

Wayne

xbeeman412
08-27-2017, 09:49 AM
Its bad here, prayers going up for all of the flood victims

KMac
08-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Kevin,

I'm in New Braunfels. Please let me know if I can help your son in any way. San Marcos is right up the road, and I'm well equipped to travel if needed.

Thank you so much for the offer to help.
I think he's fine. Sam Marcos floods really easy and we were worried about
that with all of the rain headed there.
He hasn't had any problem with it though. Looks like the rest of San Marcos might though. I heard they are going to cancel the first week of classes.
I would like to buy you a cup of coffee next time I am in New Braunfels though.
And if you ever need anything in the Dallas area let me know. I am in McKinney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boaz
08-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Just had a lady in that said her 3 children lived in Rockport , the Woodlands and near Lake . All the moms and children evacuated and are staying with her here in North Texas . Their husbands stayed , two of them already have water in the house . I told her I would pray for them , join me in pray please . The need will be great for prayer .

Boaz
08-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Catholics gear up ;

https://cnstopstories.com/2017/08/26/catholic-groups-mobilizing-to-help-in-hurricane-harveys-aftermath/

Boaz
08-28-2017, 10:45 AM
Southern Baptists gear up ;

http://bpnews.net/49430/hurricane-harvey--baptist-dr-poised-for-relief-aid

Boaz
08-28-2017, 10:46 AM
Salvation Army gears up ;

https://coveringkaty.com/2017/08/25/salvation-army-ready-respond-hurricane-harvey/

Boaz
08-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Methodists gear up ;

http://holston.org/about/communications/the-call/volE17/num16/holston-churches-respond-to-hurricane-harvey/

Boaz
08-28-2017, 05:21 PM
The situation is getting worse . They think the rain will linger several days , flooding is increasing . Thank all of you in other states sending personal and material to help . Although this is a terrible situation it's heartening to see so much support and caring . Thank you .

Blackwater
08-28-2017, 05:56 PM
The aftermath of a hurricane is a long process of restoration. It simply can't and won't and doesn't happen overnight. The Christian thrift store my wife runs has plenty of clothing to donate, but they can't find a driver to take them out to TX. But they're still trying and Brother John is NOT the type to give up. This cleanup is going to last a long time. We had just the outside edge of one come through my place here, and it took down two trees, but really didn't damage much else, at least not seriously. We were very, very lucky! Lots of folks in TX have NOT been so lucky, and if any of you have ever volunteered with a cleanup/aid crew after a hurricane, you understand what all is involved. Back when I was a lot more able than I am now, I and 8 more convoyed over to Monk's Corner in SC after a hurricane went through there. There were 30+ ft. boats in TREES there!!!! Amazing what a hurricane can do! And it's amazing how the haughty profiteers go around charging huge prices for their services. We did all we did for free. One old man who was of meager means we helped, tried to pay us $50, but we wouldn't take it. He had tears of joy and relief as we left. We couldn't fix his home completely, but we managed to get his wife access to her ramp where she could come and go in her wheel chair.

If anyone goes personally to help out, it really, really helps to have a good local contact who knows the people, and who needs help the most, rather than who their buddies are. And be SURE to take plenty of clean water to drink, bottled and otherwise. And plenty of easily and quickly prepared eats, too. That and some tools and a little know-how, and you won't believe how much your efforts will be appreciated! The old, infirm and young have the hardest time of it in the aftermath of these things. It takes a LOT of folks to aid a string of damage over 300 miles long! And probably nearly 100 miles wide! You can't help everyone, and that's why I think it's so important to have someone there who can point you to those who really need help the most and worst.

tinhorn97062
08-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Thank you so much for the offer to help.
I think he's fine. Sam Marcos floods really easy and we were worried about
that with all of the rain headed there.
He hasn't had any problem with it though. Looks like the rest of San Marcos might though. I heard they are going to cancel the first week of classes.
I would like to buy you a cup of coffee next time I am in New Braunfels though.
And if you ever need anything in the Dallas area let me know. I am in McKinney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like coffee, and I like meeting new people. When we cross paths, let's make it happen.

Boaz
08-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Much prayer is still needed , this is far from over .

Lord be with all that have lost their homes , all that suffered loss . Help all those trying to rescue and give relief . Amen

tinhorn97062
08-30-2017, 08:04 PM
My heart hurts just trying to comprehend it all. Even while praying, I come to a place where I don't even have words and just begin to cry. Maybe this is what the Bible refers to when it says to "weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice". But I find comfort in knowing that God hears the cry of the righteous, and His ears are open to our prayers. He is near to those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, and Jesus said that He would never leave us or forsake us.

Boaz
08-30-2017, 08:07 PM
My heart hurts just trying to comprehend it all. Even while praying, I come to a place where I don't even have words and just begin to cry. Maybe this is what the Bible refers to when it says to "weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice". But I find comfort in knowing that God hears the cry of the righteous, and His ears are open to our prayers. He is near to those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, and Jesus said that He would never leave us or forsake us.

I agree and understand . It's time to act .

Boaz
08-31-2017, 07:21 AM
This thread should stay at the top of the chapel board > please help keep it there through prayer for this great need .

Boaz
08-31-2017, 07:46 AM
The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”
27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.
28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”
29 But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ 36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”
37 And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”
Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

The disaster in Texas and Louisiana provides us the opportunity to practice what Christ preached . Please pray daily for the hundreds of thousands this tragedy has affected . Give all aid you can , we are being called .

In this parable the one testing Christ answered his own question and Christ said ;

And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”
Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

Lets go and do likewise . Lets love our neighbor .

Boaz
08-31-2017, 03:08 PM
The death count is up to 31 dead .

Boaz
09-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Death count is up to 39 .

Boaz
09-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Lord be with all who have suffered loss from this storm . Give them comfort and relief . Help them rebuild their lives . Be close to those who have lost family and friends Lord . This is a hard situation for so many . Give protection to all trying to help , shield them from harm as they help their neighbors . Thank you Lord . Amen

Boaz
09-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Lord help those rest tonight that are in shelters or still struggling in their homes hanging on . Give them hope and the understanding you are with them . Thank you Lord . Amen

Pine Baron
09-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Amen and Amen. Lot's of prayer needed.

Boaz
09-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Lord many will awake this morning not knowing what to do , many have lost all . Please be with them , guide and strengthen them . Keep all responding with help safe from harm . Thank you Lord . Amen

Char-Gar
09-02-2017, 01:27 PM
We were supposed to get sideswiped by Harvey, but he stayed out in the Gulf until he hit Rockport dead on the nose. We stayed dry here, but we have family in Rockport. They are just fine and staying down her with other family. There lives will be turned upside down for a few more weeks.

I have a son in Houston, but he lives in an old part of town which is high and he did not take on any water.

This thing will devastate the middle and upper Texas Gulf Coast for a very long time to come. I am so very proud of Texans. As soon as they wind passed they were out in boats helping others. They didn't sit around and wait for some government to do something, but took matter into their own hands right away.

As I type this my nephew from here is on his way to Rockport with a huge trailer of supplies that he collected here. My wife and I pitched in a couple of hundred pounds of dog and cat food.

I have been right in the eye of two hurricanes and been hit by several more. I hope I don't have another such experience in my lifetime. Most of the time they are a nuance for two or three weeks, but on occasion, they can bring life changing devastation.

So continue to pray for those hit the worse. Recovery will a very long, multi-year process.

Boaz
09-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Char-Gar is correct , many areas will have to be completely rebuilt . The whole area affected is huge . Infrastructure is down , business's are down , homes and jobs lost . It will take time and help to get this part of the country back on it's feet .

Please offer prayer for all affected . You can make a difference .