PDA

View Full Version : CVA Flintlock pieces i need !

Willyp
08-24-2017, 03:22 PM
I can't find a Frizzen [mine is broke] and a flash hole liner for it !
Any one have any of these parts ?

nseries
08-24-2017, 04:01 PM
This should fit. since I believe the later CVA's were made by the same company that makes Traditions.

https://www.traditionsfirearms.com/product/deluxe-flintlock-frizzen-a1722

FrontierMuzzleloading
08-24-2017, 04:28 PM
deercreekproducts.com rarely do the parts on traditions fit a cva.

Gtek
08-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Gunbroker has one, type in CVA frizzen.

mooman76
08-24-2017, 06:45 PM
CVA used to use the same exact parts as Traditions but CVA has not sold the side locks for a number of years so I would imagine that as things do change over time, this is probably no longer true.

Eddie2002
08-24-2017, 08:38 PM
Get an unfinished Seiler frizzen from muzzleloaders supply, they might have a flash hole liner also depending on what the threads are. If you call them they will need the measurements of the broken frizzen so they can match up one that is close. I had good success swapping out the frizzen on my Investa Arms rock lock with a Seiler i got from Muzzleloader supply a few years ago. I had to grind and polish the frizzen face, drill the pivot hole and heat treat it but it was worth the effort.
It's not a perfect solution but might be the only way to get it fixed.

waarp8nt
08-24-2017, 10:00 PM
Michael Eder of Flintlocks LLC has some parts. If you don't have any luck elsewhere, might be worth giving him call. He is a decent fellow and has helped me out a time or two with parts.

Willyp
08-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Thank all of you fro responding.
As to the Traditions part, i have 2 of them here and the frizzen is a lot bigger than the CVA.
This CVA is from the mid "1990s". I have no idea what it was called. It is a 50 cal. and short!

mooman76
08-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Years ago I converted a CVA Kentucky rifle to flint. bought a lock from a Traditions and it was a perfect drop in fit. I couldn't find a touch hole liner(metric threads) so I made one out of a bolt. This was preinternet (about 25 years ago) so my options were limited back then.