PDA

View Full Version : Weak hands/HiPoint

Texas by God
08-22-2017, 10:05 AM
I recently got a HiPoint 9mm in a trade. All jokes aside it shoots good and hasn't jammed once even with hp ammo.
The problem is racking the slide. I can do it but it is harder than most. My wife and daughters cannot and that won't do for an emergency house gun.
SO- I modified a 38 Turkish Mauser sling band and came up with this:
Problem solved! I surely voided the warranty and devalued the pistol haha.
Results are what matters, right?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/c5f647c4526218b56bba89a82a3300d8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Der Gebirgsjager
08-22-2017, 10:39 AM
Hey...! That's kind of neat! And a good looking job also. Looks good enough to make one who didn't know Hi-Points that it's a factory original installation. The extra weight doesn't effect the slide cycle? Good, and a good solution. Years ago I had to switch my women folk over to revolvers from small semi-autos because they couldn't cycle the slide and would jam it almost every time when starting with an empty chamber. If it works, good for you.

Texas by God
08-22-2017, 11:05 AM
The band had some springtwist to it that I couldn't get all the way out but perfection never reared its pretty head on this job.
The slide itself weighs more than a Glock so I don't see a problem there. Thank you for the complements!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/86286c22780a61efae2817ff30c62f0b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/b7381ea01c06b411adcef0d69610619e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/0e26c26a5cbd9d1e7d4276b40d279269.jpg

Der Gebirgsjager
08-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Well, the compliments were sincere. "Necessity is the mother of invention." There have been a number of slide rack assist devices produced commercially over the years, and yours is as good as any of them.

Texas by God
08-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Thank you Sir.
A caution. The slide is ZincSomething so tap the threads slowly like aluminum. I used a bottom tap.

WebMonkey
08-22-2017, 12:33 PM
Sweet!
It wouldn't surprise me to see that "loop" show up as a machined "feature" in the future.

Good job making a tool work better for you.
'Monkey

Texas by God
08-22-2017, 01:08 PM
It won't be long before I'll need something for my Ballester -Molina but it will be a one wing rear sight type thingy.
Best, Thomas.

Walter Laich
08-22-2017, 03:24 PM
nicely done

Figure the gun is for shooting first and if this makes it work for the lady-folk then it's an improvement, no doubt about it

beats having a D-handle from a shovel on it

Rcmaveric
08-22-2017, 05:17 PM
I also have the High Point C9. it can be hard to rack it. I lock the slide and the insert magazine then release the slide. Good idea though.

psweigle
08-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Very thoughtful modification and well executed. Good for you.

MaryB
08-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Nice! I don't find my C9 hard to rack but it has 3k++ rounds through it so some wear. And I bet they will still honor th warranty because it is a no matter what! They may copy it and add it as an option!

GhostHawk
08-22-2017, 09:21 PM
You should take pictures of that and send it to Hipoint!

I have one I found at a pawn shop for under 150$. It had a couple of minor problems, but a phone call and some common courtesy and respect soon resolved them. Parts arrived 3 days later, no charge for the parts and 2 magazines for the price of one and they threw in a mag loader.

Once I learned what it liked mine has never hiccuped.
I do not have that many rounds through mine, 3-400 maybe over the last 2 years.
I have it setup in a case, with 3 mags and 25 rounds for reloads. No it ain't pretty, no it ain't high end, no it ain't fancy. I am none of those things either.

It suits me. YMMV but I like mine. And I love the 2 Hipoint carbines I have, .40sw and 9mm. Thinking hard about the .45acp.

Rcmaveric
08-22-2017, 11:01 PM
I only thing my C9 wont eat is cheap ammo. It loves my reloads and once I get use to the trigger was surprising more accurate than my expensive 9mm. I want the 9mm carbine. No idea of an actual practical purpose but it looks like a fun plinking and marksman gun. Too bad they don't have any bolt action 9mm Lugers.

GhostHawk
08-23-2017, 08:31 AM
One thing about the Hipoint's blowback system. The barrel is FIXED in position.
So there is no barrel movement, period.

So as long as the gun is held somewhat still, bullet goes where it was pointed when the primer goes off.

Now, about the carbines. I am going to be totally honest here.
Mine is not what I would call a long distance shooter. Not sure if it is me, or my ammo, or what.

At the pistol range at 20 feet you can cut the heart out of a 2" stick on bullseye every time. Bullet goes where the red dot is. Period.

But by the time you get out to 50 feet, you can see the cone of fire is getting larger.

Absolute hoot to shoot. I have yet to get one of mine back from someone at the range who has just fired 10 rounds without seeing an ear to ear grin along with it. They are just plain fun.

But I consider them a short range plinking gun not a 100 yard accurate gun.

IMO the 9mm is quite a bit better than the .40sw.

And I should run some good 9mm factory loads through it just to see what it can do at at least 50 yards.

I got both of mine used and it is possible they should go back to the factory.

Problem is I have really come to love those ugly little suckers and hate to be without them for a period of time. Mine are both in soft cases, hanging on a coat rack on the wall, and hidden under coats. The case is 1/3rd unzipped. At need just slide a hand in, grab, pull it out, rack the charging handle once and it is ready to go.

Probably never need it, but don't want to ever be without it.

Mine have been absolutely rock solid dependable. Bet the farm on it.
That is my opinion, YMMV.

Texas by God
08-23-2017, 01:32 PM
I noticed the same thing with the 9mm Hi-Point Carbine that I owned. I custom mounted a scope on it and the groups did not improve past 50 yards.

birch
08-23-2017, 06:28 PM
I found this while browsing the other night. Custom highpoint!!!!!!

https://www.armslist.com/posts/7223464/detroit-michigan-handguns-for-sale-trade--modified-hi-point-jhp45

Landy88
08-23-2017, 07:12 PM
I confess to not owning a HiPoint, but I greatly admire them for bringing their reliable and very affordable guns to market.

In the broader scheme of things, they may be one of the most important gunmakers extant.

MaryB
08-23-2017, 10:43 PM
I want one of the 9mm carbines. I can see it a fun gun, small game at close range, and a great truck gun for one of those just in case times like the deer I got last year. It was hit by a car, broke 3 legs but still very much alive. Guy that hit it never stopped so I called the sheriff to get a permit, told him it was still alive and I needed someone to shoot it. He told me to take care of it myself, the deputy will drop the permit in your mailbox tonight, and hung up. So I had a very live scared deer to deal with and all I had was the knife I keep in the truck... thankfully another guy stopped and I explained the situation and he helped me hold the deer down long enough to cut its throat... glad I keep that knife razor sharp so it was all over in 30 seconds. He helped me gut it and get it in my truck, I offered him $20 for the help and he turned it down. Said pass it on and left.

Hipoints are also fun to decorate(I used to own a laser engraver, this was advertising, did a dozen pistols with the 2A on it and the molan labe)

http://i.imgur.com/zi6Xv7r.jpg

MyFlatline
08-24-2017, 07:18 AM
My wife loves to shoot the 9mm Carbine. I load up all kinds of water bottles for her. My thumbs get tired of loading for her. It's a hoot to shoot. And Yep, keep her under 50 yards.

GhostHawk
08-24-2017, 08:20 AM
To me the 9mm carbines are awesome. And the .40 makes IMO a wicked close quarters defense gun. 175 gr truncated cone cast bullets with a health dose of Red Dot.

They recently came out with a good factory approved 20 round mag for the 9mm. I had 2 but sold one to my shooting buddy. It has a bit of a boomarang bend in it.
But mine functioned fine, just like the 10 round factory mags.

I have a couple of the mag loaders for 9mm. Handy little guys they speed things up and make it easy on the thumbs.

http://ontargetsportsonline.com/catalog_ontarget/hi-point-magazine-speed-loader-p-369.html

http://ontargetsportsonline.com/catalog_ontarget/images/HPMSL.jpg

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/hi-point-redball-ts-995-carbine-magazine-9mm-luger-20-rounds-polymer-base-plate-steel-matte-black-clp995rb20-752334995018.do

Texas by God
08-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Apparently I can't leave it alone. The mag release button was easy to bump causing the mag to disengage-so a few file strokes cured that. A single shot pistol is still a pistol so I removed the mag safety. And then stippled the grips for much better traction for sweaty hands.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/5afdc3b51b149793aa631d57923c5bab.jpg

Walkingwolf
08-24-2017, 05:42 PM
My wife has a CF380 racking can be assisted by putting the slide against flat surface. Door jamb, table, counter top, anything secure, and flat. There is a good 3/8 inch above the barrel, and almost seems like they designed for it.

Texas by God
08-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Yes and that feature helps disssembly greatly! Thanks WW!

Texas by God
08-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Knocked a gallon of ice over with the first shot, then quickly emptied the mag @10 yds. That'll do, Pig.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170825/d91be1dae616a66ccb9e48bcdae8d682.jpg

DCM
08-26-2017, 10:23 PM
Nice work on all 3 points.
What did you use to do the stippling?

Texas by God
08-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Nice work on all 3 points.
What did you use to do the stippling?
I was bored out of my mind inside a craft store with my wife. I spotted an electric wood burning tool with three different tips and thought -Hey! I can use that! I use the curved point tip. I did my Ruger P97 and it was a great help so the HiPoint was a forgone conclusion.
Best, Thomas.

tucumcari_kid
08-27-2017, 12:14 AM
I've had a .40 for a couple years. Complete package for 135 bucks to include 2 mags brand new. Eats everything I put in it, even my handloads and cast bullets. I swapped out for the aperture sight and my hits went up. Love it. When you run out of ammo you can pistol whip them to death. Easy

Texas by God
08-27-2017, 09:28 AM
All the trotline weight jokes would apply except for the fact that they WORK!

richhodg66
08-27-2017, 10:52 AM
I like what you did with the pistol. There's an old adage in the Army, "it it's stupid, but works, then it isn't stupid". I think that's a good mod.

I've been interested in the High Points, but never shot one. I have heard nothing but good things about their reliability and customer service. I can't see owning a pistol that large and heavy for self defense, but the carbines fascinate me and I'll have one someday.

Finster101
08-27-2017, 11:02 AM
I have a 9mm carbine and it eats anything you throw at it even when you mix them in the mag. Mine really like the L 358-105 SWC nice clean holes. I haven't really tried it out past 50 yds but it is acceptable so far.

Texas by God
08-27-2017, 01:36 PM
They remind me of the old Raven .25 auto. Ugly as mud but accurate and reliable.
I'm going to shoot the snot out of this one but carry it? No.

l h jenkins
08-27-2017, 02:54 PM
do not have the 9 or 40 but do in 45 acp. it does bang every time the trigger is pulled. makes a good truck pistol. no worry about rust and, if need to be disposed of, no tears. not like losing a 1911 colt. I have made 2 head shots at 25 & 30 steps on cottontails so plenty accurate for its intended job, which of course is self defense.

Geezer in NH
08-27-2017, 04:36 PM
I sold quite a few in my old shop. They worked and when the did not warranty was fantastic. My partners did not like the 25-30 dollar profit said I could not order them any more. Attitudes like that made me sell out.

Not everyone can own the best, in fact the ones who cannot afford the best need a reliable gun about 200% more. They are a good buy when you need protection. They will carry as easy as a full size 1911 made by the best custom maker weight wise at really a fifth of the price.

Not a gun snob nope I am not. Hint Taurus stuff is **** with bad warranty help I will take Hi-Point over any of them.

MaryB
08-27-2017, 11:18 PM
Now that is short sighted thinking. Sure they make $25 off the HiPoint... but then the customer comes back for ammo, maybe a shotgun or rifle down the road... My LGS always has HiPoints in stock, his customer service is top notch so people come back plus he has the best ammo prices locally. So once they buy they keep coming back and most eventually upgrade to a better pistol.

I sold quite a few in my old shop. They worked and when the did not warranty was fantastic. My partners did not like the 25-30 dollar profit said I could not order them any more. Attitudes like that made me sell out.

Not everyone can own the best, in fact the ones who cannot afford the best need a reliable gun about 200% more. They are a good buy when you need protection. They will carry as easy as a full size 1911 made by the best custom maker weight wise at really a fifth of the price.

Not a gun snob nope I am not. Hint Taurus stuff is **** with bad warranty help I will take Hi-Point over any of them.

6bg6ga
08-28-2017, 05:59 AM
The wife has a 45 acp carbine. The trigger sucks but the gun is accurate and loves 230gr rn. For a cheap handgun the CM9 Gen2 by Sarsilmaz is like a scaled down 1911 and is very accurate

Geezer in NH
08-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Now that is short sighted thinking. Sure they make $25 off the HiPoint... but then the customer comes back for ammo, maybe a shotgun or rifle down the road... My LGS always has HiPoints in stock, his customer service is top notch so people come back plus he has the best ammo prices locally. So once they buy they keep coming back and most eventually upgrade to a better pistol.
Why I left. They did not like surplus rifle sales either even when cases of ammo left in a couple of weeks.

Fudds can truly be idiots IMHO. When the guns were not a shotgun or Colt or Winchester it was not worth selling. Glad I left losing only 10K. [note bad taste in mouth]

Grmps
08-28-2017, 04:00 PM
I was visiting a friend and there was one of these lying on the table. I asked him about it and he had no idea what it fit, it didn't fit any of his guns. we tried it in a high point and vola. seems he aquired a buch of stuff from a buddy of his. He gave me these. :)

http://i.imgur.com/TyfAEdI.jpg (http://imgur.com/TyfAEdI)

GhostHawk
08-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Careful of those they will void your warranty.

Red Ball I think is the name of the 20 round mag's for 9mm Hipoint Carbine that gets the Hipoint seal of approval. They work, and work well.

MaryB
08-28-2017, 11:44 PM
Those long mags in the pic are junk, nothing but trouble an as mentioned they void the warranty(causes damage in one spot that is a telltale sign). The Red Ball mags work well and were designed with HiPoints input.

Grmps
08-29-2017, 03:31 AM
I should have known my luck wasn't that good. Thanks, more paper weights .

Kosh75287
08-29-2017, 09:41 AM
I know that cosmetics were not a consideration in your modification, but I think it makes the pistol LOOK better, also. Improving the looks of a Hi-Point is neither difficult (because they start out so ugly), nor usually worth the bother, but in this case, I think it's a true spillover benefit.

Texas by God
08-29-2017, 10:06 AM
Thanks! Sadly I can't cast boolits for it for a month or so but found out it likes 4.3 grs Titegroup and the Hornady 124 fmjfp. I want to shoot groups later today with it.
Hohum no jams yet. My other handguns are jealous while I play with the step kid haha.

Texas by God
08-29-2017, 09:26 PM
My alibi is a torn bicep but it's minute of bad guy for sure. Six shots to test the load.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/5d337a0c412b08ebc3a7c7cd5b3a8bd6.jpg

Texas by God
09-02-2017, 08:21 PM
I got the 10 shot mag and it went on a tractor ride. Empy chamber of course.
I shot the ten through a dead elm about 15' away. This project is complete.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170903/dfd6dbe4b9c297b7099432c054b5ffc0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170903/993dc578830d15c63abaa314804e5f6a.jpg

Crash_Corrigan
10-23-2017, 05:13 PM
I had a 9 MM Hi Point some years ago. It ate everything with aplomb. Heavy and ugly it was but it made a great car gun with one of those magnet type holders screwed to the underside of the dash near the steering wheel. I sold it off when I was in desperate financial straits one day and I have regretted it since. The only two guns that I have sold that went without regrets was a Llama 380 that looked like a mini 1911 and a full sized Ruger BH in 45 Colt. The Llama was not fun to shoot at all as the recoil was nasty and very snappy. It actually hurt my hand. The Ruger never sat right in my grip and also was uncomfortable for me. Those two are gone and forgotten. However I still miss that old 9 MM Hi POint. It was accurate, reliable and cheap. It was so ugly that it grew on me.

Texas by God
10-24-2017, 08:38 AM
I'll not hesitate to get another one or four for "car gun" duties. I put both magazines into a 2" group offhand at twenty feet yesterday. I'd hate to have to carry one much because of the weight but I'd be well armed at least.

GhostHawk
10-24-2017, 09:24 PM
They not that hard to find at fairly reasonable prices in pawn shops. Be prepared to walk away till they come down on price.

If I was going to carry I would choose something lighter.
But the Hipoint C9 will put them where you need them.

GONRA
11-03-2017, 10:01 PM
GONRA sez Texas by God's mod looks Factory Orginal to me! Nice Job!
100 years from now the some auction house will have this rare collectable Hi Point for $1,000 +++

MaryB
11-04-2017, 11:45 PM
Well since they are hard to destroy yup! I have watched some of the destructive testing YouTube vids!

GONRA sez Texas by God's mod looks Factory Orginal to me! Nice Job!
100 years from now the some auction house will have this rare collectable Hi Point for $1,000 +++

Texas by God
11-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Well since they are hard to destroy yup! I have watched some of the destructive testing YouTube vids!
I just watched that video. My favorite was when he threw the unloaded pistol at the target!
I've had expensive pistols I wanted to do that to.......

DirtyJack
01-13-2018, 03:05 AM
I put a carbine on my list. Haven't decided on 9 or 45.

Texas by God
01-13-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm probably the only guy that would like the carbine in .357 SIG. That round in the carbine would cook!

GhostHawk
01-13-2018, 10:56 AM
Dirtyjack I started with the .40sw Hipoint carbine. The Wife shot it, loved it, loved the red dot sight. So simple, so intuitive, so quick on target. But she wanted one that did not "bump her shoulder so hard" They make one like that she asked?

Why yes they do, and 2 weeks later we were back at the range zeroing in the 9mm. Which I promptly fell in love with. Lower recoil, muzzle blast, which really did not bother me in the .40sw.
But it had a much tighter cone of dispersion. Was more accurate for longer ranges. So when I was offered another 9mm Hipoint Carbine by the RSO for a reasonable price I snapped it up. This one had the old solid stock, but I don't think it had more than a single box of 9mm through it.

Eventually my shooting buddy wore me down and I allowed him to steal it off me for what I had into it.

One advantage of the 9mm's, you can get a GOOD 20 round mag from Red Ball, designed for and approved by Hipoint. Looks a little funny, has a boomarang curve in the middle. But it works perfectly.

With the .45acp your limited to 9 rounds.

So after months and months of having those 3 it trickled into me that I really wanted one in .45acp. Don't know that I needed it, but I wanted it. I wanted the set.

So eventually it happened, and I put a good 2x Red Dot sight on it.

That girl at 20 foot pistol range when I was sighting it in put 5 in one whole the size of my thumbnail. Yeah I am VERY happy with it.

It has a little recoil, I need to move the sight forward an inch or two. It has a tendancy to hit my ball cap when it recoils and gives my head a little whack. No direct contact, not as bad as being scoped, but not a whole lot of fun either.

This girl just OOZES confidence.

230 gr .452 Truncated Cone Lee mold, 6 cavity. So keeping up with ammo is no sweat.
Moderate loads of Red Dot makes it cheap to shoot.

Accept it, you'll want BOTH a 9mm and a .45acp carbine. Give into the dark side.
They may be ugly, mine are hanging on the wall, inside a soft case, covered by winter coats.
Can't see em at all. Cases are about half unzipped. If you know what is there you can reach right in and slip it right out of there. Always stored with bolt locked open and a full mag. One jerk and your ready to rock and roll.

I sleep good at night, yeah I'm an old shotgun farm boy. But if it came to a real fight? I think it would be me and the Hipoint .45acp I'd go with.

MaryB
01-14-2018, 12:08 AM
You had an original planet of the apes HiPoint! They have been going up in price because not that many were made!

GhostHawk
01-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Yes I did, and bought it for 200$ cash, sight unseen.

Guy offered, I accepted, paid him the 200$ cash, next time I went to the range the gun was there waiting for me.

And I sold it for 250$ which did not cover the cost of the Red Dot sight I put on it much less the 20 round Red Ball Magazine I let him have. Things we do for our friends.

I actually liked it, I prefered that smooth stock. Considered building a wood stock for it to see if I could get rid of some of the Ugly. But seemed like a big job and not much to gain at the far end.

Crash_Corrigan
01-14-2018, 12:34 PM
I simply have to get a Hi-Point in .45 ACP for my truck. Leaving a grands worth of Browning Hi-Power clamped onto a magnet under the steering wheel when I park my vehicle does give me some worry.

Leaving a $175 Hi-Point behind would be no great loss. However having it ready to go and loaded with Federal's Hydra-Shok boolits of 230 Gr and some extra mags could really be a life saver.

I usually pack my concealed firearm at 4 o'clock on my right side. But that is not so good for a fast draw when seated and wearing a seat belt. That is the reason for the Hi-Point mounted under the steering wheel.

It is out of sight but very accessible to me when needed. I know it will go bang. I can hit something with it at 15 yds. I know the Federal round will achieve 96% in stopping power and give somebody a very bad day.

The only real downside to the Hi Point is the conveluted and unfamiliar takedown for cleaning.

Hogtamer
01-14-2018, 02:33 PM
They do go bang and are reliable. It's just that the trigger is so hard to pull I had to develop a 2 finger trigger pull. Seriously. Right index finger over left index finger 2 hand grip!

MaryB
01-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Cleaning? You clean your HiPoint? :kidding: One of my C9's(I have 3 scattered around the house) has about 4k rounds through it and all I have done is run a patch down the barrel a few times. Might take it down at 5k rounds... maybe... other 2 are only at 1k rounds, got them when they were traded in after the guy had them a week. He couldn't get the magazine to feed right... 2 minutes with a pair of needle nose pliers and the mags were fixed(bend the feed lips). Of the 3 none had had a FTF or FTE. Had one dud cartridge, someone forgot to deprime it before reloading OOPS! LOL!!!

I simply have to get a Hi-Point in .45 ACP for my truck. Leaving a grands worth of Browning Hi-Power clamped onto a magnet under the steering wheel when I park my vehicle does give me some worry.

Leaving a $175 Hi-Point behind would be no great loss. However having it ready to go and loaded with Federal's Hydra-Shok boolits of 230 Gr and some extra mags could really be a life saver.

I usually pack my concealed firearm at 4 o'clock on my right side. But that is not so good for a fast draw when seated and wearing a seat belt. That is the reason for the Hi-Point mounted under the steering wheel.

It is out of sight but very accessible to me when needed. I know it will go bang. I can hit something with it at 15 yds. I know the Federal round will achieve 96% in stopping power and give somebody a very bad day.

The only real downside to the Hi Point is the conveluted and unfamiliar takedown for cleaning.

MaryB
01-14-2018, 10:42 PM
None of mine have that heavy of a trigger... I would send it back and have it fixed. It is a lifetime no matter what warranty and you get a free mag back with it! Doesn't matter if you bought it used, found it on the road after a semi drove over it... lifetime warranty!

They do go bang and are reliable. It's just that the trigger is so hard to pull I had to develop a 2 finger trigger pull. Seriously. Right index finger over left index finger 2 hand grip!

GhostHawk
01-15-2018, 09:28 AM
I'm with Mary.

I don't think I have ever cleaned mine yet. Oiled a few parts, pull a dry patch through the bore to remove loose powder carbon and that is it.

Like her I had one mag that was iffy, and 5 minutes of comparing it to the ones that worked well showed the difference. 30 seconds with needle nose pliers and it works as good as the rest now.

I think it got dropped full of ammo and landed lips down on a hard surface.

opos
01-15-2018, 09:48 AM
I've had a couple of Hi Point pistols of the years...they are fun and get strange looks at the range...shoot good and are reliable...the only problem I see with them is they look like a cordless drill..just missing the battery pack...

Texas by God
01-22-2018, 01:30 PM
I've had a couple of Hi Point pistols of the years...they are fun and get strange looks at the range...shoot good and are reliable...the only problem I see with them is they look like a cordless drill..just missing the battery pack...It would be humorous to paint one yellow and stencil DeWalt on it.........

MaryB
01-22-2018, 11:07 PM
HiPoints are fun to decorate, this is one I did the laser engraving on, customer did the color fill

https://i.imgur.com/i9nhyq2.jpg

This is mine(hey I owned the laser engraver!)

https://i.imgur.com/iBI4ObR.jpg

Rcmaveric
01-23-2018, 12:56 AM
I like that Yellow one, it looks good. Wish I could do something about that trigger on my C9.

MaryB
01-23-2018, 09:47 PM
I like that Yellow one, it looks good. Wish I could do something about that trigger on my C9.

This is good advice, I polished th sear in mine and it made a huge difference. And things lighten up after 500 or so rounds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSN2yqeE_Bg

GhostHawk
01-23-2018, 10:32 PM
I like them both, might have to consider dressing mine up a bit.

Never really been aware of the trigger on mine so it can't be too bad, but I got mine used, no idea how many rounds through it.

Rcmaveric
01-24-2018, 02:06 AM
I have polished up the feed ramps and sear arms. I haven't packed the sear spring with grease. Might have to try that. it just gets this weird springy-clicky feel. It takes some trigger squeeze. I think I have about 300+ rounds through it. Its one of my most accurate pistols, after getting used to the trigger. Might have dress it up since its normally the one with me.

Texas by God
12-21-2021, 11:36 PM
Roughly four years after I thought that my youngest daughter had boxed it up and misplaced it; then I thought that my heeler pup Floyd had drug it off as a chew toy;
My wife found it - in a closet cubbyhole serving as a bookend?!?
The mind goes who knows where sometimes.
Oh Well, Glad It's Back!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211222/1f9b7fc5b52fb4311c2d76091cef76d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Jedman
12-22-2021, 12:38 AM
Thomas, I have that same problem… A Lot !

Jedman

slim1836
12-22-2021, 05:16 AM
Thomas, I have that same problem… A Lot !

Jedman

I’m in the same boat.

Slim

Texas by God
12-29-2021, 07:07 PM
It'll do at 20 feet. Fiocchi 115gr fmj ammo.. The odd little trigger got me a couple of times but I plan on getting familiar with it. The firing pin doing dual duty as the ejector reminds me of a Raven.( They worked too) I won't dry fire it. To the loading bench!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211229/a50938d4dc8a4dddff52d767b4cb0458.jpg

roverboy
01-06-2022, 03:10 PM
Pretty neat alteration. Whatever it takes to make it easier to use. I've got 4 Hi-Points. 2 C9 9mm, a JHP .45, and a 995 carbine. I've shot steel cased ammo, various hp ammo, and lots of my handloads with hp and rn cast. No problems to feed ever.

roverboy
01-06-2022, 03:12 PM
Texas, love the stippling on grips. I got to get a couple 10 round mags for mine too. My biggest complaint on the Hi-Points is the single stack mags. The YC9 was supposed to remedy this and other things but, somehow will probably never happen. :sad:

Texas by God
01-06-2022, 07:04 PM
It's shooting well enough that I think I'll try it from the bench. I like the simple design and the traffic light sights are THERE[emoji41]

Texas by God
01-15-2022, 09:37 PM
I took it on the tractor yesterday and hit every floating stick in the pond that I aimed at.
And
It's fun when the old holster box produces results! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220116/c392cce5b195af3e35dc0286e0528fc5.jpg

kbstenberg
01-15-2022, 10:26 PM
There is a (US) company that specializes in replacement parts for all kinds of firearms. They have a replacement handle that attaches in place of the original bolt handle. Has anyone ever used on of them. They are a little larger in dia. And longer than the original.

Texas by God
01-30-2022, 09:13 PM
"Loopy" rides the tractor well.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220131/f280405e53da48d4161fccc39dfea687.jpg

Texas by God
02-05-2022, 07:04 PM
It was fun today turning this stick into toothpicks(on ice) in the pond. And no worries about the finish....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220205/47fb02a5e7ee0898f80eb86747c62e2a.jpg

GregLaROCHE
02-05-2022, 08:21 PM
That’s a good idea and you did a really nice job of it. You may have started a trend.

Texas by God
02-06-2022, 11:23 AM
That’s a good idea and you did a really nice job of it. You may have started a trend.Thanks. I'm really having fun with it.

Finster101
02-09-2022, 07:53 PM
Sometimes fun doesn't have to be expensive. I've got a 995 and everyone that shoots it just grins.

Texas by God
02-14-2022, 07:13 PM
It works well on dead wood, too.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220214/a40d806a2fca048cf5fae3af3bf6ad89.jpg

Texas by God
03-08-2022, 08:47 PM
Yes, I threw a foul there off to the side. I've heard that you're not supposed to jerk the trigger......ten yards two magazines fairly quick[emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220309/67665f35175a58573c9b705fd3210091.jpg

OldBearHair
03-08-2022, 09:00 PM
I recently got a HiPoint 9mm in a trade. All jokes aside it shoots good and hasn't jammed once even with hp ammo.
The problem is racking the slide. I can do it but it is harder than most. My wife and daughters cannot and that won't do for an emergency house gun.
SO- I modified a 38 Turkish Mauser sling band and came up with this:
Problem solved! I surely voided the warranty and devalued the pistol haha.
Results are what matters, right?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170822/c5f647c4526218b56bba89a82a3300d8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk Really you should head for the patent office.

Texas by God
03-24-2022, 02:04 PM
"Loopy"acted as a cattle dog the other day as we escorted my lovestruck bull away from the neighbor's estral cows. I just drove the tractor and planted 9mm bullets in the ground behind him and he trotted all the way to the open gate- and a fresh round bale for him to tear up for consumption.
Still no jams!

OldBearHair
03-25-2022, 11:07 AM
Hey TBG You and loopy did really good to get that bull away from the cows in that manner and it seems the tractor and 9mm worked very well That took me back to the NM Boys Ranch where we a had a Santa Gertrudis show bull nearing tree years old that got in with the cows. On my working/riding/hunting/ and everything else 15 hands red app mule named Sara Gay, we went uptop (boys named it and the other was downbottom difference being sloping sage brush and flat irrigatable land) Bull had the halter with lead rope still. I threw a loop on him, tightened the cinch, wrapped the lead rope around the saddle horn and Sara began to put pressure, then laid in to it forcing the bull to take a step, then she headed for the barn, the smaller animal pulling the larger animal was a sight to see close to 50 years ago. Those were the days my friends.

OldBearHair
03-25-2022, 11:07 AM
Yes x2 Patent Office