{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
}

rl69
08-21-2017, 08:53 PM

rl69
08-21-2017, 08:55 PM

GhostHawk
08-21-2017, 09:05 PM
That is a tough question, one that can be tough to answer ourselves.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Have we lost our savor? Are we just going through the motions of being a Christian?

I think it can be hard to be sure. I don't believe that I have lost my savour, but how do we know?

I guess the standard I would hold myself too is Simon called Peter.
3 times Jesus asked him if Simon loved him, by the third time he was getting angry.

"
John 21:17
Jesus asked a third time, "Simon son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was deeply hurt that Jesus had asked him a third time, "Do you love Me?" "Lord, You know all things;" he replied, "You know I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep "

Are we tending his flock? Feeding his sheep?
Not as well as I should I suspect.

rl69
08-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Are you able to read this ?

rl69
08-21-2017, 09:10 PM

Boaz
08-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Yes .

rl69
08-21-2017, 09:38 PM

rl69
08-21-2017, 09:59 PM
So this is a pain in the but I'm going to try somthing diferant
A budy at work read a pasage from a book had and I wanted to share it with y'all
The book is sermon on the mound a exposition by James Montgomery Boice

In chapter 9
He talks about understanding the uses of salt
First he talks about it being a persevitive and how when it is rubbed into meat it will keep it from rotting. If left on the shelf in its safe isolated container it is useless to be affective we must be pored out,scattered,and rubbed in.

More to come
blame Charlie he taught me everything I know :)

Boaz
08-22-2017, 06:47 AM
More to come
blame Charlie he taught me everything I know

Yea , blame poor ol Charlie ! ........RIGHT ! :)

Pine Baron
08-22-2017, 09:48 AM
LOL, I blame Charlie too.

claude
08-22-2017, 09:56 AM
IMHO salt can be likened unto truth, and when it is poured out on living flesh, if there is a raw spot or a cut, it burns. The point being if one is burned a little by the truth, should they blame the salt? Or the wound?

Most often we tend to blame the salt, when we should be blaming ourselves for having an open wound for it to get into, Christ heals those wounds.

Preacher Jim
08-22-2017, 12:30 PM
A tube of toothpaste, do you taste it before you put it on the brush and use it? No you squeeze and brush. What if you squeezed and got shaving cream?
When people get on your nerves, squeeze you what do they get?
We should always be salt that changes not get squeezed and react negatively.
Ever thank some one for squeezing you and exposing something negative in You?
Salt purification cleanest and we need to be changing the world around us, not reacting like the world.

claude
08-22-2017, 01:34 PM
:hijack:

A tube of toothpaste, do you taste it before you put it on the brush and use it? No you squeeze and brush. What if you squeezed and got shaving cream?

Or Brylcreem........................heh

PS, I apologize gentlemen, I just couldn't let that one pass.

Boaz
08-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Ted ! Brother
Et tu Brute ! :) !

rl69
08-22-2017, 06:58 PM
As a body of believers we all have our parts. There is a women in our church who's job it is to test our love. I have never thanked her for being the butt hole of the body :) but I have often thanked God for her. She is my sister in Christ and I love her but sometimes whooooooo

One day she himed my up and was complaining about somthing ( nothing ) and I sat and listened and then prayed with her. She then went back into the sanctuary. the message was about not being a nit picker. After the service I was working on the bus,the lift gate wasent working. And my phone rang ( dang ) sweat pouring down my back I answered it was her apologizing for being a nit picker :) I love to see the lord work

Boaz
08-22-2017, 07:05 PM
rl69 has done well . READ ! Literally for love of our GOD read ! In this day and time we wait for an oral lesson or explanation . Read the written word and weigh the message . I myself do not provide interpretation of scripture for you . Read and study . I try put up posts to encourage discovery on your own .

rl69
08-22-2017, 07:06 PM
The secound use of salt is to add flavor. To the unbeliever he seaks joy in the flesh but as believers we know that joy is fleeting. As believers we need to show people the true joy we have in Christ so that they too will seek it out for themselves.

Boaz
08-22-2017, 07:07 PM
As a body of believers we all have our parts. There is a women in our church who's job it is to test our love. I have never thanked her for being the butt hole of the body :) but I have often thanked God for her. She is my sister in Christ and I love her but sometimes whooooooo

One day she himed my up and was complaining about somthing ( nothing ) and I sat and listened and then prayed with her. She then went back into the sanctuary. the message was about not being a nit picker. After the service I was working on the bus,the lift gate wasent working. And my phone rang ( dang ) sweat pouring down my back I answered it was her apologizing for being a nit picker :) I love to see the lord work

Dang Right ! Many times people get on the wrong path . It is an obligation out of love to help them . Thank you rl69 .

rl69
08-27-2017, 03:32 PM
im back we had a tie-in on a pipeline. I've been puting in 16 hr's a day.

The third thing salt dose is much like the secound it makes you thirsty.are you making anyone thirst for Christ?

Blackwater
08-27-2017, 07:14 PM
This is one of the biggest telltale indicators of a mature Christian. They indeed thirst for more knowledge and more light about our Lord, so they can understand and appreciate Him more and more and more. And being a Christian is an on-going and progressive thing. It is NOT something like a destination you go to, and that's it. It's really just the beginning of a life-long process, when one comes to the Light. And when one thirsts for understanding, it's very important that they GET some understanding in a progressive way. That's where theology comes in very handy. When one reads the Bible, that's good, but finding the MEANING BEHIND the words is more difficult. And many passages can be interpreted in various ways, all of which CAN be relevant and important and true, depending on one's perspective and circumstances. I'm always amazed and humbled when I realize a verse I'd always interpreted one way, CAN have an equally precise and relevant and true interpretation from another viewpoint or perspective, or in another circumstance.

Truly, with the Bible being able to mean so many things with the relatively few words contained in it, that MUST be a sign of its divine origins! I will always be amazed, and probably increasingly so, the more I understand of the Bible's words! It sure is a very humbling book, but that's a GOOD thing, I believe!

claude
08-27-2017, 09:45 PM
The most amazing thing Dennis is the bible is a book within a book. It can be understood somewhat at a carnal level, and yet the same words will impart a different meaning on a spiritual level. To begin to truly understand God one must seek the spiritual level for God is spirit, and must be worshiped in spirit. Divine intervention, divine revelation, is the Holy Spirit (the spirit of GOD) witnessing with our spirit and helping us understand.

The seeds we plant is salt, the ignorance we dispel by bringing forth truth, is salt. Many people are hungry for the truth in this day and age of famine,

Amo 8:11-12 KJV Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: (12) And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Those days are here, many will deny it, but they're here, look at the world around us, ask a stranger to recite John 3:16, if you don't get laughed at or scorned, you may get the correct answer, probably not.

Blackwater
08-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Amen, Claude. Most of us gauge our nation by what happens under our own private roofs. But many just don't WANT to know all that's really "out there." I worry about my nation, because I want it to last so very, very much, so my son's family and the grandboys will get to know half of what I've known in my time, but I'm not sure that's going to be the way things go. Most folks today ONLY respond AFTER things have reached crisis level! That's no way for a nation that wants to last to conduct its affairs! But that's what we see every time the news folks tell us some of the things that are going on.

But then too, there may be the problems in TX after the storm, but those situations are also VERY fertile grounds for some amazing acts of kindness, love and Christian charity, too! We just never seem to hear about those. Most folks who do those type things, do them for their own reasons, and getting acknowledged for it never enters their mind. My own father taught me at an early age, that when I do something good for someone, to keep it to myself. I still miss that man. He taught me so much by his example, and not just by words of instruction!

In the end, it's all going to work out just like it's supposed to, and those who've made their commitment, and remained steadfast to it, will reap their rewards, and those who've just used things and people without regard for them, will reap theirs. I know which side I want to be on. And really, that's pretty much all we CAN do in this life. We can TRY to influence ohters, even within our own families, but there are SO many OTHER influences now on them .... well, some follow another route. If we've set the example, even then, a few will stray. So all we CAN do, really, is just try to set the examples, like my own Dad did. That old Marine may have been tough as whit leather when he needed to be, but he NEVER lost his heart. He could cry as easily as he could fight! What a man he was! I have been SO richly blessed to have been his son!

rl69
08-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Lastly salt is one of the smallest and most common elements. God delights in using small things to do great works. In Paul's writings we see him go from the " apostle Paul" to " the chief of all sinners" he decreased so the glory of God could increase in him.

Boaz
08-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Amen, Claude. Most of us gauge our nation by what happens under our own private roofs. But many just don't WANT to know all that's really "out there." I worry about my nation, because I want it to last so very, very much, so my son's family and the grandboys will get to know half of what I've known in my time, but I'm not sure that's going to be the way things go. Most folks today ONLY respond AFTER things have reached crisis level! That's no way for a nation that wants to last to conduct its affairs! But that's what we see every time the news folks tell us some of the things that are going on.

But then too, there may be the problems in TX after the storm, but those situations are also VERY fertile grounds for some amazing acts of kindness, love and Christian charity, too! We just never seem to hear about those. Most folks who do those type things, do them for their own reasons, and getting acknowledged for it never enters their mind. My own father taught me at an early age, that when I do something good for someone, to keep it to myself. I still miss that man. He taught me so much by his example, and not just by words of instruction!

In the end, it's all going to work out just like it's supposed to, and those who've made their commitment, and remained steadfast to it, will reap their rewards, and those who've just used things and people without regard for them, will reap theirs. I know which side I want to be on. And really, that's pretty much all we CAN do in this life. We can TRY to influence ohters, even within our own families, but there are SO many OTHER influences now on them .... well, some follow another route. If we've set the example, even then, a few will stray. So all we CAN do, really, is just try to set the examples, like my own Dad did. That old Marine may have been tough as whit leather when he needed to be, but he NEVER lost his heart. He could cry as easily as he could fight! What a man he was! I have been SO richly blessed to have been his son!

Thank you Dennis .

Boaz
08-28-2017, 08:50 PM
The most amazing thing Dennis is the bible is a book within a book. It can be understood somewhat at a carnal level, and yet the same words will impart a different meaning on a spiritual level. To begin to truly understand God one must seek the spiritual level for God is spirit, and must be worshiped in spirit. Divine intervention, divine revelation, is the Holy Spirit (the spirit of GOD) witnessing with our spirit and helping us understand.

The seeds we plant is salt, the ignorance we dispel by bringing forth truth, is salt. Many people are hungry for the truth in this day and age of famine,

Amo 8:11-12 KJV Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: (12) And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Those days are here, many will deny it, but they're here, look at the world around us, ask a stranger to recite John 3:16, if you don't get laughed at or scorned, you may get the correct answer, probably not.

You believe a second baptism is required to gain the Holy Spirit ?

claude
08-29-2017, 05:07 AM
You believe a second baptism is required to gain the Holy Spirit ?

No sir, I do not. Baptism is an outward show of our faith, and obedience, and only one is asked of us.

1Pe 3:21 KJV The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

The bestowing of the Holy Spirit is granted upon repentance and baptism, although repentance is more important because without repentance there is no forgiveness, and the two don't always happen at the same time, baptism is often secondary in time and place.

Act 2:36-39 KJV Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (37) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? (38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

A single baptism is sufficient, and the possibility arises that more than one baptism is not even desirable. If one understands the symbolism the first time they are baptized there is no need of two. That is not to say that those who where consecrated, or dedicated by sprinkling, which is not baptism, should not be baptized as was Jesus by full immersion, but each individual should do as they are convicted by their own heart.

I was consecrated/dedicated as a child, fully unaware of the proceedings and what they symbolized, upon coming to an understanding of what baptism means I sought out and received an immersion baptism.

Although baptism is desirable, it is not a prerequisite to receiving the unction of the Holy Spirit, I was being aided in understanding by the comforter long before I was baptized, a matter of years, not days or weeks. I chose to be baptized because it was the proper manner to make a show of obedience to God, not to men.

Probably To Much Information?

Boaz
08-29-2017, 05:16 AM
Thank you for your reply .

Thundarstick
08-29-2017, 07:27 AM
About as good as I've ever heard it put! I've never understood why some won't be baptized?