PDA

View Full Version : Behind Times

jjamna
08-02-2008, 01:16 AM
I know I am behind everyone else but I am Trying. I am going to get in the Blackrifle (AR 15) market. I have a M1 Carbine and love it so I thought I should get an AR before Obamma Bans them.

Question Is--- What is a good starter?????
I am looking at a Vulcan V15 .223 Varmint Flat Top w/1 mag for around $550
Anyone know anything about these.
I can get a Colt for a couple hundred more.

Thanks
JJAMNA

jjamna
08-02-2008, 01:18 AM
These are used Prices by the way.

JJAMNA

Three44s
08-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Best way to protect your "Black Rifle Rights" is to BAN OBAMMA!

There "ain't" a gun he don't hate!

I am surprised you can find a used AR for 550 these days ...... but I am clueless about Vulcan.

You might try this in military rifles of this forum if you don't get the info you seek.

Three 44s

Sprue
08-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Simply do a Google on Vulcan and read up on them and form your own opinions. Why not a couple more $$ and get a popular, more reliable name brand. It may be looked upon as an investment as well.

I do know that the Vulcan/Hesse name on the FAL and AK platforms are rather popular in a negative way.

Speaking of the the Colt, I've never seen one priced that low, better check it out closely. Look for CMP on the BBL, markings on the upper rcvr, FSB and BCG for example. For Colt forging or markings, yep, google it.

Bret4207
08-02-2008, 08:17 AM
If we all can get together and make a real stand against more gun control then it won't matter if it's Barry Obama, Hillary or Chucky frickin' Schummer in office!

Freightman
08-02-2008, 02:45 PM
If we all can get together and make a real stand against more gun control then it won't matter if it's Barry Obama, Hillary or Chucky frickin' Schummer in office!
Thank you Bret! I am getting tired of this defeatist attitude if you think you are beat guess what you are!!!!! In WWII we were actually beat, just no one knew it if they had given up as fast as gun owners have we would be speaking Jap!!!!!
" I have only begun to fight" John Paul Jones
"Give me liberty or give me death" Patric Henry
I grew up with the saying "better dead than Red" well Better dead than a slave.

singleshotbuff
08-05-2008, 11:39 PM
+1 on don't give up the fight.

Seems to me that when (when, not if) the tree of liberty gets watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants, there'll be more of us left standing.

Just my opinion though, maybe I'm not a defeatist.

SSB

trickyasafox
08-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I've had good luck with Del-ton and Bushmaster. You can get a del-ton kit for around 475-500, then all you would need is a striped lower. I have no real life experience with vulcan- but the other brands I mentioned have treated me well. might shake out to be 25-50 dollars more than your 550 budget for the del-ton, but it'll be a new rifle.

www.del-ton.com

the bushmaster will be more expensive, but man they are sweet! if you want, my blog link is in my signature. I did a little right up on both of them. just use the links on the right hand side to read 'bushmaster' and 'del-ton'