PDA

View Full Version : Urgent prayer

Preacher Jim
08-16-2017, 07:33 PM
My friend Bill Benton has a puss pocket on his spine this is a rare thing that can leave a fellow Para or quadriplegic.
They did emergency surgery today to remove it but it will take 6-10 weeks of intravenous antibiotics and the grace of God to recover this.
Please keep him in your prayers

DerekP Houston
08-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Will do and I hope he heals/feels better quickly.

Boaz
08-16-2017, 08:55 PM
Already prayed Jim . May our Lord intercede and provide a fast recover . Will continue prayer .

Thundarstick
08-16-2017, 09:27 PM
Paying for a positive outcome! Amen

Pine Baron
08-16-2017, 10:11 PM
Prayer for Bill's recovery.

Bzcraig
08-16-2017, 10:23 PM
In Jesus name may his recovery be quick and complete.

trails4u
08-16-2017, 10:56 PM
Prayers up for a timely and complete recovery!

retread
08-17-2017, 12:19 AM
Prayers for Bill's complete recovery.

daloper
08-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Father I lift up Bill to you this morning. I pray that you were with the surgeons during his surgery. I pray that you will show him your grace and mercy and that his recovery would be quick and complete. If the name of your son, Jesus Christ , I pray. Amen

w5pv
08-17-2017, 08:03 AM
prayers for a full recovery

jcren
08-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Prayers sent

Spoonerism
08-17-2017, 10:07 AM
That's not good. I will be praying for Bill.

aspangler
08-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Prayers sent. Keep us informed.

Preacher Jim
08-17-2017, 10:58 AM
slight feeling in some lower areas still not able to feel much. prognosis unknown at this point.

Wayne Smith
08-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Prayers underweigh - for healing and complete recovery.

jmort
08-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Praying for a full recovery

308Jeff
08-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Prayer sent for Bill.

Blackwater
08-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Gee whiz, Jim! That's awful news! Prayers up here for a full recovery. The only good part about this is that antibiotics may well be able to cure this. The specter of not being able to walk or move one's arms is about as dire a circumstance as I can imagine! God bless your friend and all who love him.

koehn,jim
08-19-2017, 07:01 AM
Prayers sent.

Preacher Jim
08-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Went to have prayer with Bill they had him in chair. He is weak, able to use arms,
His speech understandable. Legs not doing anything yet but I believe in miracles and to be as good as he is is one. His wife was able to go to work yesterday, first time since this started. I talked to his doctor and he says God has to be doing this as medical science does not help with this rare problem.

Preacher Jim
08-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Went to have prayer with Bill they had him in chair. He is weak, able to use arms,
His speech understandable. Legs not doing anything yet but I believe in miracles and to be as good as he is is one. His wife was able to go to work yesterday, first time since this started. I talked to his doctor and he says God has to be doing this as medical science does not help with this rare problem.

Boaz
08-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Thank you for an encouraging report . More prayer needed ...for him and his wife .

USMC87
08-19-2017, 09:22 AM
Bill is added to our prayer list.

Pine Baron
08-19-2017, 09:46 AM
Prayers continue.

Blackwater
08-20-2017, 05:15 PM
I've had a couple of opportunities recently to note the surprise among professed believers when they've seen prayer actually work! It seems a lot of folks pray by just reciting the words, but many don't seem to really believe in prayer. Elsewise, why would they be shocked when it works? Prayer DOES work! I've seen it matter too many times, to conclude otherwise. And praise the Lord for that fact, too!!!

We live in a time where most folks' faith seems to be in science and technology. But those things will all one day disappear. God and Christ won't! That .... is the difference between what works and what works IF there's time to study it and test treatments for it! God is ALWAYS with us, even if we can't reach medical help. That's pretty reassuring to a lot of us who are not in really top health! I suspect there are many here "living on borrowed time?"

Prayer really WORKS! So don't be surprised when it does! It's just the Lord watching over us, and letting us know He's still listening .... and doing His good works for us.

buckwheatpaul
08-20-2017, 05:35 PM
May God intercede into Bill's ailment and bring him relief. Father, Please allow the doctors to correctly diagnose and give him the treatments he needs to make him whole again. Father, You are the great healer and I ask that Your will be done and that You smile on Bill and heal him. AMEN

Preacher Jim
08-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Bill is being moved to rehab. Lower body still not working they hope to get him able to care for himself.

Boaz
08-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Praying Bill continues to improve .

daloper
08-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Father be with Bill and work in his body to give him a full and complete recovery. Be with the doctors as they continue their work. Be with the rehab workers while they work with him. Through you he can be healed. Pour your grace upon him. Be with his wife to give her strength and comfort during this time in their lives. In the name of Jesus. Amen

Blackwater
08-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Lord, Bill needs your Grace and Mercy. Please descend upon him and relieve his suffering and disability. Let him walk again, Lord, I pray. Let his example be an object lesson to those in the hospital who need to see thy wondrous power at work, and any friends and family who follow Bill's progress. Let they power be yet once more be seen that those who see it might be awed by it, and come to thee, and humble themselves before thee. Thy wonders are countless, and thy love unending, and thy mercy is our only hope. Grant this prayer, I pray dear Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen.

Preacher Jim
08-25-2017, 09:16 AM
Bill will be sent home with 3 visiting nurses as soon as he is able to help get in and out of bed. bladder not working so catheters and wheel chair. long haul for recovery but the Lord is working his miracles by your prayers.

Blackwater
08-25-2017, 05:16 PM
I've spent a little time in wheel chairs with a catheter. It's not my first choice, naturally, but it beats being gone! At least I'm still in the game, and I just know God has something in mind for me to do for Him. God bless Bill and keep up his mercy and healing upon him. Amen.

Preacher Jim
08-31-2017, 08:01 PM
Update not good. They are sending him home no theropy, nurse once per week, his wife had to learn to do the intravenous iv. She will have to stay home from work and take care of him. They live out in country so transportation will be long to doctors. Guys please pray hard right leg not working yet.

Boaz
08-31-2017, 09:09 PM
I am praying Jim !

Thundarstick
09-01-2017, 05:38 AM
I mowed a man's yard Wednesday that went through this same ordeal a year and half ago. I didn't think he would walk again a year ago, but God proved me wrong!
He has to depend on a walker, and can't do everything he was doing before, but he is able to take care of himself. Please tell them not to give up! Keep working on getting back as much as possible! More prayers sent!

buckwheatpaul
09-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Father, Please be with Bill and his wife and their family as they care for him. Please give Bill comfort and remove any pain. Please guide his wife as she cares for her partner. Please give her the strength to care for him. Lastly please be with their family as their father goes through this trial. AMEN

Hickok
09-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Father, Please be with Bill and his wife and their family as they care for him. Please give Bill comfort and remove any pain. Please guide his wife as she cares for her partner. Please give her the strength to care for him. Lastly please be with their family as their father goes through this trial. AMENFather, hear this and all the prayers for Bill and his family, in Jesus name we pray Amen!

DCP
09-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Prayers for healing

Blackwater
09-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Lord, please let this good man walk again. Only you can help him now. Thy power and authority over us is unbounded. Let this man's ailments be healed, I pray most earnestly. Let his healing be a glorification of thy wondrous hand and power and belevolence toward us, and let many see it, that those who have faith may have it yet again re-confirmed, and those who lack faith, question their disbelief, and come to thee. We know you love each and every one of us. We simply ask for a blessing for this, your son, who is in dire need of your healing hand. In the name of Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, I pray. Amen.

Preacher Jim
09-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Fellows if you think your prayers don't do something today Bill's body functions began to work correctly, still can't walk but this is a miracle to be able to use the pot.

Pine Baron
09-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Well, that's good to hear. Prayers for continued healing.

Blackwater
09-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Amen!