PDA

View Full Version : Has GOD asked too much ?

Boaz
08-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Just curious . Do you think GOD asks too much from us ? There were many that were asked to do much more .

http://www.fggam.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/david-facing-goliath.jpg

Boaz
08-14-2017, 07:03 PM
Noah failed
David failed
Sampson failed
Moses failed

Saul failed
Peter failed
Thomas failed
Judas failed
All the disciples failed
And there are more .

Hickory
08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Noah failed
David failed
Sampson failed
Moses failed
Saul failed
Peter failed
Thomas failed
Judas failed
All the disciples failed
And there are more .

They all failed because of;
Disobedience.
Fear.
Doubt.
Greed.
Sin.
Pride.
And more.

Boaz
08-14-2017, 07:13 PM
They all failed because of;
Disobedience.
Fear.
Doubt.
Greed.
Sin.
Pride.
And more.

That's interesting , thank you .

Rcmaveric
08-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Fighting our own inner demons and trying hard to be our best is in my opinion the point if life. Proof our worthiness.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Boaz
08-14-2017, 07:42 PM
Fighting our own inner demons and trying hard to be our best is in my opinion the point if life. Proof our worthiness.

That's a good answer . But how do we prove we are worthy ?

Rcmaveric
08-14-2017, 08:11 PM
By admitting our sins and weaknesses to God. Asking for forgiveness and then putting good faith effort into never doing it again and avoiding the temptations we are weak against

Boaz
08-14-2017, 08:15 PM
I totally agree ! thank you ! Should we spread his word to bring others to him ?

Rcmaveric
08-14-2017, 09:13 PM
It's in the scripture. I am horrible at remembering verses and quoting it. Too often most people think they ask for forgiveness and its granted. They forget you have to not do it again. Sins are like drugs and some can be addicting as heroine. Some of us are addicted. It becomes a life long struggle for self better ment. We can spread the word and let him who has ears listen.

GhostHawk
08-14-2017, 09:40 PM
IMO it is not about failure. It is about not giving up. Struggle back to your feet every time you stumble, fail and fall. And try harder, try to love better, try to be more like our Lord. Try HARD to not sin again.

No I don't think he asks too much. He does not expect us to succeed easily. He expects that we will need help and he is there to give it.

Pride, Hubris goeth before a fall. Humility and a humble heart will see us far.

Rcmaveric, good posts brother, as it happens I agree.

"Go forth and sin no more" is what he asks of us. It can be a lot, it can be hard.
But he does not punish us for failure. He does reward us for staying in his will, on his path.

He is the good father that gives us what we need not what we ask for. And love without end.

Boaz
08-14-2017, 09:42 PM
You need not quote verse to spread his word . Only to make your belief simple and part of your life through your testimony of what he has done in your life . Most think quoting scripture is required ...it is not . Non believers are intimidated by scripture , I never quote scripture . Your simple belief and personal testimony is all that is required . Folks tend to think they have to preach but that is false . Only how GOD has made your life better . They will hear plenty of verse later .

I truly thank you . You have been honest here . Just spread it ! Many don't stop and think in this Chapel because I post so much here but I am no one , I have no formal training , I'm a no body , I am not a preacher ...only a layman . Our bible does not tell us we must succeed , ..it tells us to try .

Thank you for being so honest .

Freightman
08-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Romans 3:10- to the
end of the chapter tells that we all fail but because of our obedience to the gospel and the blood of Christ washes away sins, and He was a substitute sacrifice for our sins.Eph. tells us we are saved by Grace (something we don't deserve) through obedient Faith.Not by works or atta boys!
Then hopefully we can say as Paul said " I have fought the good fight".

country gent
08-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Did they fail or did "people" fail As has been said many times you can lead a horse to water......... so dithey fail or did people fail to understand or change? I'm a firm believer God dosnt give us more than we are capable of. I'm reminded of the old story of the Foot prints in the sand. when looking back on his life a man saw footprints in a sand beech sometimes 2 wets side by side sometimes only one, When he asked God about this the answer was the 2 sets is where we walked together. The man looked and ask why he was walking alone at some very hard times and God answered that's where I carried you thru. SO did they fail or did people fail

Boaz
08-14-2017, 10:04 PM
You will not fail personally if you try . It's in the trying . GOD give choice , you will not be responsible for another's choice .

Thundarstick
08-15-2017, 05:35 AM
1Co 9:24-27
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Heb 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

You gotta be "IN IT, TO WIN IT", if your not in the race how can you posably win?

God don't give us more than we CAN handle, but often more than we Do handle!

Hickory
08-15-2017, 07:07 AM
Noah failed
David failed
Sampson failed
Moses failed
Saul failed
Peter failed
Thomas failed
Judas failed
All the disciples failed
And there are more .

Question.
Of all of these who failed, did they fail God or did they fail themselves?
I think they failed themselves first with their weakness and sin, but not God, because they repented and turned back to Him, with the exception of Judas. But even Judas had remorse of sorts, but did not handle it well and missed an opportunity for forgiveness and redemption, or did he? This is a subject of another discussion.
The accounts of people in the Bible and their actions and reactions are not just fairy tales for empty headed people, these are stories of how to and how not to live your life as a follower of God and as a Christian seeking perfect salvation.

Boaz
08-15-2017, 07:14 AM
Thank you . I believe you to be completely correct in everything you said . We can fail but GOD never fails , he is constant , he is infallible .

daloper
08-15-2017, 07:25 AM
As someone that came to Christ at an early age, and then falling away. As a young adult I went very far from Christ. I know now that he never moved away from me. During the time in my life that I fell deep into drugs, I would just pray that if you get me through this night I will do better. Of course I never did. It was not until I came to my God and turned it over to him . I had to admit that I could not do anything and that he could take this addiction from me. I had to lay it all at his feet and trust that through him I could recover from this. Yes I know that I wanted to change but for me it was finally reaching the point were I knew that I could not do anything without him doing it through me. As it says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I have to depend and trust that Christ will be with me and allow him to work through me. Even when I move far from him , he is still near me. I thank God every day for the work He did in me. I thank him for his son Jesus Christ that saved me and I thank him for the Holy Sprite that dwells in me. We have a great God who loves us and wants to have a relation with us. I know that I am the one who always got in the way of that. I am thankful that he is just and will never leave or forsake me.

Thank you Father God for all you do in my life.
Amen

garym1a2
08-15-2017, 07:36 AM
I believe God sent his Son Jesus to save us from our sins if we believe in him and follow his teachings.

Boaz
08-15-2017, 07:40 AM
As someone that came to Christ at an early age, and then falling away. As a young adult I went very far from Christ. I know now that he never moved away from me. During the time in my life that I fell deep into drugs, I would just pray that if you get me through this night I will do better. Of course I never did. It was not until I came to my God and turned it over to him . I had to admit that I could not do anything and that he could take this addiction from me. I had to lay it all at his feet and trust that through him I could recover from this. Yes I know that I wanted to change but for me it was finally reaching the point were I knew that I could not do anything without him doing it through me. As it says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I have to depend and trust that Christ will be with me and allow him to work through me. Even when I move far from him , he is still near me. I thank God every day for the work He did in me. I thank him for his son Jesus Christ that saved me and I thank him for the Holy Sprite that dwells in me. We have a great God who loves us and wants to have a relation with us. I know that I am the one who always got in the way of that. I am thankful that he is just and will never leave or forsake me.

Thank you Father God for all you do in my life.
Amen

Thank you .

rl69
08-15-2017, 05:58 PM
He asked to much of me today! I'm still trying to figure out where I failed?

Just pray

Boaz
08-15-2017, 06:18 PM
He asked to much of me today! I'm still trying to figure out where I failed?

Just pray

Pm sent .

Rcmaveric
08-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Lots of good advise. Dont give up and get lost in the pleasures of the world.

Pine Baron
08-16-2017, 06:05 AM
Prayer sent for you, rl69. Sometimes failure is just success delayed.

Blackwater
08-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Does God ask too much of us???? Well, He created the entire universe, seemingly all so we'd have this one little planet in the vastness of space and matter and time, and then he fitted it out with everything that our hearts could desire to maintain and feed us, and keep us whole, and even provided us with cures for most everything that can happen to us. What do we owe Him in return for that? Any real sense of equity would have to answer "everything," wouldn't it? And that's the way I look at it.

Most of the things we might possibly use as being "too much" for us, are almost always the things that we WANT, rather than what God wants. We find it hard to follow His will rather than our own. Our own wills tend to drive us toward pleasure, laughter, hedonism and what we think will lead us to "happiness." The thing we never seem to remember when we want to follow OUR way instead of His, is that He is a lot more balanced and unbiased than we are. We are easily tempted. He's not. If we follow OUR will, it usually leads us to things that do NOT wind up in the end, making us "happy" like Satan usually says it will. But if we do what He wants us to do, we wind up with an inner satisfaction, and some sense of humbled pride, that sustains us through most anything we can ever encounter. Truly, He loved us enough to tell us the truth, even when we'd really, at least for that moment, prefer a lie that would allow us to convince ourselves that good is bad and visa versa!

If God ever seems "too hard on us," that's generally when He's trying to teach us something we desperately need to learn! In so doing, I think that makes Him the best friend we could possibly ever have. We may like to hang around others who encourage us to follow our own wills, but those that tell us to do what will truly benefit and sustain us, are REAL friends. Those others ..... not so much. They're mainly trying to get you to do what they do, just to make them feel better about doing what they too know isn't right. And that'll never make them true "friends."

Christ is the best and most loyal and ever faithful Friend we'll ever have, period! And maybe most especially when he's "hard on us."

dverna
08-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Yes Blackwater....sometimes we need "tough love". I certainly did or I would never have become a Christian.

There is only one unpardonable sin....when we denounce Him. I did that for the many decades I was a non-believer. I do not know if that can ever be erased. Yet Peter denied Jesus three times. So I hope for forgiveness.

Charlie's question is a good one. I believe God asks more of some than of others. Some men are called to do more because they are able to. He is all knowing, so He knows before these men failed that they would fail. But He used them for His purposes. We cannot forget the good they did and dwell on their failures and weaknesses...we are not meant to judge them.

I have much to atone for. I continue to strive to be a better man and I know that since accepting Jesus I have made progress. Even my fiancé sees the changes. BTW, yes, I became engaged this weekend to the love of my life...the woman I thought I had lost forever.

Charlie, I do not believe God asks for "too much". Who are we to determine what "too much" is? I will leave that to Him to decide.

Pine Baron
08-17-2017, 10:36 AM
Don, you just made my day brother. All glory to our Lord and Savior.

jeepguy242
08-17-2017, 10:38 AM
That's a good answer . But how do we prove we are worthy ?

never stop trying.. thats how

jeepguy242
08-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Yes Blackwater....sometimes we need "tough love". I certainly did or I would never have become a Christian.

There is only one unpardonable sin....when we denounce Him. I did that for the many decades I was a non-believer. I do not know if that can ever be erased. Yet Peter denied Jesus three times. So I hope for forgiveness.

Charlie's question is a good one. I believe God asks more of some than of others. Some men are called to do more because they are able to. He is all knowing, so He knows before these men failed that they would fail. But He used them for His purposes. We cannot forget the good they did and dwell on their failures and weaknesses...we are not meant to judge them.

I have much to atone for. I continue to strive to be a better man and I know that since accepting Jesus I have made progress. Even my fiancé sees the changes. BTW, yes, I became engaged this weekend to the love of my life...the woman I thought I had lost forever.

Charlie, I do not believe God asks for "too much". Who are we to determine what "too much" is? I will leave that to Him to decide.

AMEN...

and God will forgive, you are back on the path... maybe that was your test, to see if you would be able to get back to the right path...

and congratulations on your engagement!

Boaz
08-17-2017, 12:15 PM

Thank you Don , I agree .

Blackwater
08-17-2017, 02:20 PM
Don, indeed, God DOES ask or require more from some than He does for others. Why shouldn't He, when some are more richly blessed than others? To those who have been blessed with much, more ought to be required, shouldn't it? We have our wants, and usually, see most everything through the prism of those wants and desires. And we generally tend to color things as "bad" or "good" depending on whether they serve our desires and wants, or whether they don't. If we didn't have a real and living God to govern and rule and curb us, what would the world be like?

In every life, things happen just when they need to, for that individual to learn things they need to know. At least IF they process the experience properly. The entire earth and all the heavens and universe, testify to the power, wonder and awe that our God really is. And He loves us MUCH more than we often love ourselves. When we WANT something, we'll often even risk our lives, or our long term well being, just to get it. And some lose that bet, and thinking they'll get away with it, they die, and die "early" in our human terms. What a work is man! And yet, what fools they be!!! If it weren't for God, we probably wouldn't exist as a species today. Our willfulness has many, many, many ways to do us in .... permanently and collectively. God has set limits on all things, it seems. There are limits to what He'll allow in physics, chemistry, and all endeavors. He'll only allow evil to go just so far, also! And today, it's about as rampant, world wide, as it has ever been.

Most folks think the medievals were ignorant and thus, stupid. But much of our finest and deepest philosophies were penned way back in those early and misbegotten times! The ideas postulated by all that serves gov't nowadays, seems to be based in atheistic and at minimum, agnostic philosophies. And it's getting less and less "stylish" and "OK" to be a believing and practicing Christian. Gov't now has the ABILITY to micromanage entire societies, via supercomputers and plentiful solid state electronics. We can literally monitor almost everyone almost every second of their lives now! Where's all this leading? I can't claim to know, but I sure do have my suspicions! You probably do too, don't you?

dverna
08-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Blackwater you hit the nail...ignorance is far different than stupidity. I was once told I was "too smart" to accept Jesus...so smart that I would remain ignorant. God finds a way IF we do not ignore Him. Regrettably, God needed to hit me with a 2x4 a few times before I woke up.

Pine Baron
08-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Yup, a few of us here have experienced that ole' 2x4.

Boaz
08-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Don some start early some later . As long as you start your good . We believe in a loving and merciful GOD . I'm glad you know him , and more important is at he now knows you . I'm really glad your here .

Boaz
08-18-2017, 06:34 PM
At a time not long ago in the past GOD abandon me .

rl69
08-18-2017, 08:24 PM
You know better then that

Boaz
08-18-2017, 08:55 PM
No , it happened .

Boaz
08-18-2017, 09:37 PM
About 8 years ago I was going to church , doing his work , as usual . I thought everything was good . Fact is I thought in a way GOD had given me leave to do what I wanted to . In that process I relied on myself...not GOD . I no longer sought the Holy Spirit . I prayed by habit , I did by habit...I kind of thought I had privilege . I didn't do anything 'bad' but did not seek him . No longer sought the spirit within me .

Boaz
08-18-2017, 09:43 PM
This happened over a period of time leading to a life of just 'doing what I ought to do" My conviction was weak . My faith was in tact but misguided . I have never denied GOD . But I was lost .

Boaz
08-18-2017, 09:51 PM
I inadvertently ..not knowing left him caught up in daily routine , the world . I was on my own .

Boaz
08-18-2017, 10:20 PM
I had a lot of medical problems , I could barely get out of bed and go to work . I was a single parent , my daughter Becky was 10 years old and I was scared to death I would die and leave her . It was bad . I loved her , I was afraid for her .

rl69
08-18-2017, 10:23 PM
The spirit has been working ith me on a coupel of deferant things. I don't have the terminology down but accentually we die once to our sins, we are born agin in the spirit,and now have eternal life.in Gods time we will leave this existence and slip into the next. This goes deeper but I'll move on
the secound thing is in the beginning God ruled the word speaking directly to us. then for a short time God manifested himself in the form of the son and spoke to us. Then giving himself up for as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. As we see when the Rock was rolled away from the grave he is no longer with us.but now at the right hand of the father. We also can look into the temple and see God is no longer there. I always thought the vale was rip so we could enter in.
Now we have the spirit who lives in us.he lifts our prayers to the son,who shields us from the wrath of the father.

I say all that to say this. as wicked sinfull men we don't abandon the ones we truly love. how then could He who is perfect love ever abandon his children? there is a lot we will never understand there are things we may understand but can never full articulate.(as you can see from my above ramblings) I do know this he will never abandon his children

I don't know why you had to go threw what you went threw? I don't know why you had to work it out yourself? but I know he was with you. He loves you and he knows best.

A lot of you who or far more versed in the scripture and better educated can pick apart most if not all I posted above but understand did the best I could with the vocabulary I have. not everything came out the way I wanted. And I had to leave some thing out for the same reasons

Boaz
08-18-2017, 10:26 PM
It was bad , every night I wondered if I would wake up in the morning . Scared me to death thinking Becky would find me dead and she be alone .

Boaz
08-18-2017, 10:28 PM
The spirit has been working ith me on a coupel of deferant things. I don't have the terminology down but accentually we die once to our sins, we are born agin in the spirit,and now have eternal life.in Gods time we will leave this existence and slip into the next. This goes deeper but I'll move on
the secound thing is in the beginning God ruled the word speaking directly to us. then for a short time God manifested himself in the form of the son and spoke to us. Then giving himself up for as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. As we see when the Rock was rolled away from the grave he is no longer with us.but now at the right hand of the father. We also can look into the temple and see God is no longer there. I always thought the vale was rip so we could enter in.
Now we have the spirit who lives in us.he lifts our prayers to the son,who shields us from the wrath of the father.

I say all that to say this. as wicked sinfull men we don't abandon the ones we truly love. how then could He who is perfect love ever abandon his children? there is a lot we will never understand there are things we may understand but can never full articulate.(as you can see from my above ramblings) I do know this he will never abandon his children

I don't know why you had to go threw what you went threw? I don't know why you had to work it out yourself? but I know he was with you. He loves you and he knows best.

A lot of you who or far more versed in the scripture and better educated can pick apart most if not all I posted above but understand did the best I could with the vocabulary I have. not everything came out the way I wanted. And I had to leave some thing out for the same reasons

Just bear with me .

Boaz
08-18-2017, 10:31 PM
Your doing good !

Boaz
08-19-2017, 06:10 AM
At a time I was taking 14 pills a day , doctor had me on steroids , had to use oxygen part of the time , couldn't sleep . It was late September and I knew I'd be dead by the new year .
At Thanksgiving the family came to the house , I managed to make the meal , I wouldn't tell anyone how bad off I was . I struggled to pull it off and act normal . I passed out 2 times and fell out of a chair . Scared the snot out of everyone , I just gave lame excuses .

I couldn't show weakness , I was the one to 'get er done!' . I was the go to guy to make things happen . I was eat up with pride . I never asked for help ...I didn't need no help . Not even from GOD .

Boaz
08-19-2017, 05:21 PM
I had given service in a lot of situations , active in church . I had been pretty successful (not bragging ) because I poured everything I had in it . I grew up working , the only solution my folks had growing up if you had a need was to find more work . In a thread still on the board here when I worked on a ranch I was quick to praise Howard for being one of the hardest working men I knew in my youth . I was taught to work as a solution to all problems . I related physical work with GOD's work .

I could dang sure 'work' up till I took too much pride in it . I started making decisions doing GOD's work on my own , I kind of thought he had given me leave to handle his business .
.................................................. ........I WAS WRONG !

Boaz
08-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Although I still gave service , I still witnessed , I was still going to church I had taken on myself to do GOD's work without GOD . I no longer sought him to advise me ...I just went on and did what I thought needed be done . I did not slow down to let the Spirit guide me ..I just did it my way .

I slowly failed . I had to stop doing all the outside physical work because I simply couldn't hold up to it . I quit being so active in church , I had a hard time physically getting there . I struggled to just get to the job and couldn't actually do any physical work . My life revolved around my ability to out do anyone else and it was gone . I was unable to do anything like I had before , my pride caused me shame .

The old saying ; Pride goeth before a fall is pure truth . It lead me to near death . I thought my GOD had abandoned me to let me die and leave my daughter alone .

It was me who had abandoned him . I still did all the work , went to church , taught , witnessed ....BUT I DIDN"T SEEK HIM !! I took it on myself . He was still there but he had cut me loose with my pride and I failed and near death , tormented that I would leave Becky to whatever happened next .

In our bible Paul tells us his greatest strength was knowing his weakness . That without GOD he was lost . I had my own Damascus Road experience . It had to be brought to me by GOD .

Blackwater
08-20-2017, 04:59 PM
I had a lot of medical problems , I could barely get out of bed and go to work . I was a single parent , my daughter Becky was 10 years old and I was scared to death I would die and leave her . It was bad . I loved her , I was afraid for her .

Charlie, sounds an awful lot like that old story about a man and Christ walking down a beach, and the man looks behind them, and in places, sees only one set of footprints. So, he turns to the Lord and says, "Lord, I see places behind us where there are only one set of footprints. Why did you leave me?" And the Lord just smiled at him and said, "My son, I never left you. Those spots are where I carried you." God can't and won't leave someone. It's just not in His nature or programming to do that. It's US who fails to see Him, but just because we don't see Him, doesn't mean He's not there! Seriously! If you depend on your perceptions, you'll have a very limited view of God and all that He can and does do. You may have FELT like He'd abandoned you, but ... He never really did. You were just caught up in your forlornness. That's all. And just because you feel neglected, doesn't mean you have been.

Is this making any sense? I too have felt abandoned. But it was MY mistake. Not God's! He'll NEVER leave you. He's promised you that, and he ALWAYS keeps His promises. ALWAYS.

Blackwater
08-20-2017, 05:03 PM
OK, now that I've read the rest of your posts, I think I see where you're going. Keep up the good work!

Boaz
08-21-2017, 03:35 PM
I prayed to GOD . I asked for his forgiveness and help . My pride was gone , washed away by my helplessness and fear for my child . GOD saved me , he forgave me . It did not happen overnight but he guided me through it . Pride is a dangerous thing .

Boaz
08-22-2017, 07:39 AM
I got my pride on a short chain now days , it nearly killed me and separated me from GOD . Left to our own without him we are helpless . We take his grace , love and presence in our lives for granted many times because we are given so much like a spoiled child .We don't truly stop to think and understand that he is life . Many say Hell is life without GOD and I'll vouch for that . I never intentionally tried to leave him but through pride and taking control I failed .

I'm working on forgiveness to others , it's a rough road for somebody hardheaded as me but I'm making progress when I try . Pray for me . Thank you .

The book of James (my favorite) is a guide on prevention and recovery from failure . I refer to James more than any other to guide my life .

James 4;6
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble

James 5;16
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Thank you for putting up with me .

Pine Baron
08-22-2017, 09:44 AM
1 Corinthians 13:4-8New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

Boaz
08-22-2017, 02:16 PM
1 Corinthians 13:4-8New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

Thank you Pine Baron .

Blackwater
08-23-2017, 07:05 PM
PB, I think you summed it up definitively. Thanks!

claude
08-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Just curious . Do you think GOD asks too much from us ?

I'm discounting nobody's experience as related here, and of things I've seen, but to give my honest opinion, I would quickly say no he has not.
Considering that He owns us,

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

That we're created for His pleasure,

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

And He made the ultimate sacrifice for us,

Mat 27:50-51 KJV Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. (51) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;...

Washing away those sins we repent of, and allowing us direct access to The Father, how can we count what ever He asks of us as to much?