PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 590

lightload
08-13-2017, 07:42 PM
I like Mossbergs and have a few. Recently when firing a new pistol grip version, I noticed that the shell follower began to stick in its most rear position after the last shot, and eventually great force was required to unstick it. The fix was simple. I replaced it with another from my parts bin, and if I think about it, I'll ask Mossberg to send a replacement. The post is not a bash Mossberg one. I have a question. Can extreme recoil after the last shot cause the follower to jump forward and then slam back and deform itself? I was shooting buckshot. this happened before the 25 round box was empty. My guess is that this follower was out of specs.

KCSO
08-14-2017, 10:23 AM
More likely a little dirt or swarf in the tube or an out of round follower. We just got a couple of the 14 inchers for the PD and have fired them a lot for training and no problems even with full buckshot loads.

lightload
08-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Soon after contacting Mossberg, I received a replacement shell follower, which is plastic and also shaped different. The original was indeed out of round. Mossberg demonstrated excellent customer service.