PDA

View Full Version : An accurate load for the "Destroyer!"

Timbo
08-01-2008, 07:36 AM
After shooting some .355 sized CB's from several .357 moulds I came to the conclusion that all of my .357 moulds were just too long/heavy for the relatively slow twist in the Destroyer. After a little homework I purchased a 125 gr. single lube groove Lee six-banger in 9mm. (This is the first 6-holer I've ever used; I was overcome with joy! I think I may have even cried a little...)

Yesterday was the first day I tried this out and I was very pleased at the groups I was getting at 100yd. I shot three 10 shot groups that were 2", and two 10 shot groups that were under an inch and a half. I think that may just be about as good as the sights on your average Destroyer will allow... I am tickled with this as my former attempts with the longer CB's were just abysmal.

My load:
125gr. RN Lee bullet (has the single very tiny lube ring)
4.5gr. Red Dot
Lubed with 40/60 beeswax and Olive Oil

Fun and VERY cheap shooting!

Timbo

Larry Gibson
08-01-2008, 01:38 PM
I set the barrel back back on my Destroyer so it headspaces on the .38 Super case. I shoot thousands of Lee's 356-120TCs sized .358 over 3 gr of WST or Bullseye. Velocity is 965 - 1000 fps which is great for plinking or small game. 5.5 gr of either powder nets 1320 fps or 1480 fps which are good loads also for a little more performance.

Larry Gibson