PDA

View Full Version : great experience with Vulcan checks

LSCG
08-11-2017, 04:05 AM
i'm still fairly new to casting and just about all of my experience has been with plain base molds. about a year or so back Todd Corder gave me one of his custom .32 cal molds that uses .30 cal gas checks. not knowing any better I ordered a 1000 copper gas checks from Vulcan checks without knowing that there were different thicknesses. well they turned out to be .016" thick and for the life of me I could not get them onto the shank unless I used a small hammer. this of course usually distorted the boolit or the check would go on crooked. disgusted with the whole gas checking process I put away the checks and just shot the boolits without the checks.

fast forward to last month. I got the urge to make some hot loads for my 327FM and started thinking about the checks. not wanting to go through all the trouble I had before I decided to email Vulcan checks to see if they had any ideas how I could seat the checks without so much trouble. a man named John replied saying that he was sorry that i was having trouble and that he felt a smaller thickness check was what i needed. they come in different thicknesses? i thought to myself. (that's when it all clicked and boy did I feel stupid lol) he then offered to send me 1000 .010" replacement checks free of charge! I offered to send back the 900 or so remaining checks but he wouldn't hear of it. told me "We aim to please" three days later I had the checks in hand and they fit over the shank with ease.

i couldn't be happier with the folks at Vulcan checks. even though it was all my fault they were happy to go above and beyond to make a customer happy. they will definitely have my business from now on.

Smoke4320
08-11-2017, 12:03 PM
That's great to hear.. I will check them out for sure

Lakehouse2012
08-11-2017, 12:28 PM
I also need more and will contact them. Do you have a web link?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LSCG
08-11-2017, 01:45 PM
I also need more and will contact them. Do you have a web link?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

here you go.:-)

http://vulcanchecks.com/

MyFlatline
08-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Great to hear of folks stepping up and beyond. I will be checking them out.