PDA

View Full Version : Saeco - Cramer 5G?

Swamprat1052
07-31-2008, 09:09 PM
I picked up a couple of molds today at a gunshop thats cleaning house. They are new old stock. One is a Saeco Cramer 5G 45 ACP Semi wadcutter. The other is a
Saeco Cramer RG-6 6mm Pointed 95 gr. I dont know what the weight is on the 45 mold. Both came with handles and are 3 cavity molds. I cant find them on Saeco's site and would like to know what those 45 bullets weigh. I bought em for about the price of a pair of handles so I am not gonna get hurt on em. The 45mold had a little surface rust on the cavity but it cleaned up with naval jelly and I cant see any pitting. The 6mm cleaned up as well.

Does anyone have any info on these molds.

They also have a couple of Lyman 452460's, I ran off without my checkbook but am going back tomorrow. Those were still in the plastic in the box. Looked as good as if they were made yesterday. I guess I am gonna have to get some Lyman handles.

Swamprat

Le Loup Solitaire
08-01-2008, 12:26 AM
What you have there are a couple of well made molds produced back when Saeco Cramer made really good stuff. I'm not familiar with the 6mm, but the 45ACP mold was an extremely popular design with bullseye shooters. You won't find them on any Saeco listing as they are long out of production and Saeco doesn't any longer make any 3 holers anyway. As for mold handles, yes you could invest $28 in Lyman handles via Midsouth, but for that same price you could also consider 2 (two) sets of Lee handles that will work on the Lyman blocks, perhaps with a bit of filing and/or redrilling of the holes necessary for the retaining pins and that route may well work for the Saeco molds as well. If the current Saeco handles being sold by Midsouth do fit the 3 holers, again, they're all yours for $32. a pop. You certainly scored well on the whole deal. Good luck and good shooting. LLS

Bret4207
08-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Cramers are very, VERY nice molds. Much nicer than Lyman and even RCBS.

What Cheer
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Regarding the Saeco Cramer moulds, are these moulds actually marked Saeco Cramer? If not, how are they marked?

Thanks,

What Cheer