PDA

View Full Version : New Death Wish Movie

308Jeff
08-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Can't wait to see this one!

http://deathwish.movie/?gclid=CPHpsIHTwNUCFUJyMgodEhwMrQ&gclsrc=ds

Apparently, the snowflakes are already flipping out.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/04/death-wish-trailer-starring-bruce-willis-slammed-as-racist-alt-right.html

kmrra
08-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Will have to watch this , but most remakes I really dont care for , but since iot has Bruce in it , it just might be good .

StolzerandSons
08-07-2017, 07:34 PM
I liked the remake of "The Mechanic" with Jason Statham, so maybe this will be another decent remake of a Bronson film(s).

Outpost75
08-07-2017, 07:49 PM
At least it isn't a Barack Obama look alike playing Shaka Zulu on the streets of Chicago spear chucking at cops...

They could cast OJ in the lead now that he is out of jail and the Duck Dynasty family can play the white Zombies...

farmerjim
08-07-2017, 07:57 PM
The original was fantastic. I like vigilante movies.
The trailer looks good. I will watch it for sure.

Blackwater
08-07-2017, 08:32 PM
I always felt like the "Death Wish" movies should have been "Life Wish." They're just what happens when preparedness meets necessity, mostly, along with some Hollywood flash and gore, just for those who require that sort of thing. I'll likely wait for it to make it to TV. I've been burned too many times, thinking a movie would be good, only to be heavily disappointed. I guess I may well be like the cat who sat on the hot stove lid, and now won't sit on a cold one either??? (shrug) So be it, I guess.

Bent Ramrod
08-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Hope they invite Rahm Emmanuel to the premiere.

Eldon
08-07-2017, 09:55 PM
I hope he gets a bigger gun. If it's "racist, homophobic, alt right, zenaphobic, sexist, etc.." that means it will make millions.

Bzcraig
08-07-2017, 10:38 PM
I too am not crazy about remakes but I see this one. Snowflakes are idiots! They are turning on their own in Hollywood. I've always enjoyed watching good triumph over evil. Westerns.......white hats over black hats, war flicks/shows US over it's enemies, etc. I guess a redo of Blackhawk Down would be racist too.

EMC45
08-08-2017, 09:19 AM
I want to see it. It may totally suck, but if it enrages the 'flakes then I'm there!

kmrra
08-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Bronson was good in anything he was in

UKShootist
08-08-2017, 10:27 AM
I have to take a little issue with Bronson being great. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, and DW1 was great, but the next 47 Death Wish films were rubbish. No actor could have made those films watchable. I have the benefit of having read the book before seeing DW1 and it was a good translation into a movie.

But...

One of the reasons that zombie films are so popular is that nobody minds discriminating against zombies. Now shooting black criminals is racist, and high capacity firearms are wicked. Well, that ignores the fact that he's shooting black CRIMINALS (let's ignore the legalities) and the somewhat confusing fact that criminality in such venues appears to be significantly a 'black' problem.

It's a fantasy revenge movie with testosterone. Ordinary people will not be affected by it. Nut jobs are already not jobs and there's no shortage of films that will be a damned sight worse. The biggest problem for the snowflakes is that somebody in authority seeing the problem of crime in, say, Chicago, might actually start addressing the facts instead of averting their eyes and blaming slavery or some other such BS like decent snowflakes are supposed to.

Eldon
08-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Of course, in the UK everyone is as helpless as the people in Chicago, unless you are Muslim ..... they are very well armed ..... so much so that the unarmed police stay out of their ghettos.

Don't anticipate seeing a British Charlie on the Tube ! (subway to you yanks)

Hickory
08-08-2017, 05:14 PM
For being an ex bartender, Bruce Wills makes a decent actor.

308Jeff
08-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Elisabeth Shue is in it also.

Don't know about the rest of y'all, but I've always thought she was a purdy one.

PbHurler
08-08-2017, 07:34 PM
I've got to agree with you on that, Jeff

:drinks:

Eldon
08-08-2017, 09:31 PM
At my age, they are ALL pretty (cept Rosie)

Three44s
08-09-2017, 12:41 AM
Stuff it snowflakes!

Three44s

Gunfreak25
08-09-2017, 04:32 AM
Oh yes Oh yes Oh yes! I saw my first death wish movie when I was 16 (I am 26 now to give you mathematicians something to work on) and I remember recording every one on AMC on VHS tape. Still got em'. I grew up with Bruce as my hero and am real excited for this movie. Of course we cannot forget the original Bronson. Classic and classy.

TenTea
08-09-2017, 06:43 AM
Personally, I prefer Death Hunt but it's hard to argue with Wildey.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082247/

UKShootist
08-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Now 'Death Hunt' really is what action movies are about. A Bronson film showing him at what he does best. And with Lee Marvin too. Brilliant.

marlin39a
08-11-2017, 12:38 PM
I can see myself adding this new "Death Wish" to my blue ray collection. Does that make me an Alt Right, Racist?

richhodg66
08-12-2017, 09:19 AM
The original Charles Bronson movie is a good one. I also read the book years ago, and it really does delve more deeply into the guy's transition from naïve liberal to vigilante. I'd highly recommend reading it if you're a fan of the movie.

I agree that all of the sequels were terrible. I wish Hollywood wouldn't do that to a good story, but I guess they'll continue to as long as there are tickets to be sold.

As to remakes, Death Wish has already been remade. It was a movie a few years ago called The Brave One, with Jodi Foster playing the Charles Bronson character. It's not a bad movie, either, but it obviously takes a lot of artistic license with the original story. The spirit of the thing is still the same.