PDA

View Full Version : Wts: Siamese Mauser project

sghart3578
08-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Is there any interest in a Siamese Mauser project?

I was digging around in my shop and decided to cut loose a few projects. I am finishing up a bolt action 45-70. I have been trying to build this rifle for a couple of years now. In the process of getting parts together I have ended up with duplicates and now I need some room and cash for my next project.

This is what I have:

A Siamese action. Good shape, some work done already to bolt handle. Does NOT have the correct follower. In fact, I need two followers. One for this action and one for the rifle I am finishing.

A 45-70 barrel, I think from a Gibbs rifle. Great bore. It came from an estate sale. It was threaded onto another Siamese action. I used that action for my current project.

A Richard's Microfit stock for a Siamese Mauser action. It is unfinished, walnut, with a 1" recoil pad and sling swivels. It has a 1" Barrel channel so will need to be fitted to the barrel. It also has the wider fore end so it needs to be slimmed down. But it is brand new, never used, without the 2 month wait from Richards.

I am thinking that $350 dollars would be a fair price for everything. I will pay for shipping.

This is a spur of the moment post so if you are interested I will charge up my camera and get some photos to you.

Thanks for your time,

Steve in N CA201397201398201399

RustyReel
08-06-2017, 04:39 PM
I would like to see pics. You can post them here or send them to my email address. REMOVED Thanks....

sghart3578
08-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Gents,

I apologize for not getting photos posted. My few days off have been interrupted. I am home tonight and I will post photos in the a.m.

Steve

Bjornb
08-08-2017, 01:38 AM
I'll take the project package. PM inbound.

Artful
08-08-2017, 02:11 AM
2nd in line - futile I know but hope springs eternal

sghart3578
08-08-2017, 04:19 PM
SPF

Thank you guys, thanks Castboolits.

HATCH
08-09-2017, 08:13 PM
As a reminder

I’ll take it - There is no I’ll take it rule. It is at the sellers discretion whom they sell to.
DO NOT report a post because you didn't win the item. This will result in a infraction being issued to you.