PDA

View Full Version : Missoula show going on.

waksupi
08-05-2017, 07:43 PM
I was tipped off yesterday that there was an individual selling the contents of an old muzzleloading shop at the Missoula gun show. So, I make the 100+ mile drive this morning, to see what he has. I ended up with L&R and Cochran flint locks. $75 each! He had a large early German lock for $100, but my funds are far from unlimited. He's kind of picked over now, but has a few right hand locks left, and lots of left hand locks, in both percussion and flint.
He also has rifle and smoothbore barrels, a couple stocks with barrels inlet, lots of butt plates, trigger guards, triggers, pretty much every thing, priced right. He also had a baggie on the table that was hard to see through, but he showed me it is two matched L&R locks for a double rifle or fowler, plus the plugs, breech block, triggers, basically all the hardware. $200! I really should have bought it, and may still call a friend set up there to pick that up before he leaves.
I talked to Monte Mandarino for awhile. He had sold a couple rifles, and had a nice collection of original scrimshawed horns displayed for sale.
All in all, I saw more original Pennsylvania rifles, fowlers, trade guns, and ML pistols at this show than I had ever seen before. a worthwhile trip!
If you're close enough, and looking for parts, it may be worth your while for a trip tomorrow.

waarp8nt
08-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Too far for me, but I love going to shows! Congrats on the finds!!!