PDA

View Full Version : SDB Die Storage

zipdog
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Does anyone have a good design for storing extra Dillon SDB conversion kits? It doesn't look as if the Dillon die storage stand will work for the SDB.

Mumblypeg
07-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I took a block of wood(walnut) and put it on a drill press, bored 4 holes for the dies to go into.The whole unit sits on top of the block and is placed at the back of my loading bench. The block measures 2.7" highX 2.650" square and the holes are drilled just like the top of the press that the unit would screw into. It just sits there but makes a stable base. Sorry, I an't figgered out how to post pictures yet but I'm working on it.

imashooter2
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
I leave the dies in the tool head, put the whole works in plastic sandwich bags with caliber and last boolit configuration written on them and place those in a cardboard box. Not exactly elegant, but it works for me.

Lloyd Smale
08-01-2008, 06:47 AM
dillon used to sell boxes that they fit in. ive got several. You might want to contact them and see if they still have some. they work pretty slick and have spots for everthing

pstew
08-02-2008, 09:00 AM
I bought a pack of the GLAD containers you see at the grocery. The square 3 cup size is right for storing the SDB conversion kit. They stack nicely and you can see into them. A sharpie for the label and yer all set.

http://www.glad.com/containers/

crabo
08-02-2008, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=pstew;373757]I bought a pack of the GLAD containers you see at the grocery. The square 3 cup size is right for storing the SDB conversion kit. They stack nicely and you can see into them. A sharpie for the label and yer all set."

I do the same and write the necessary info about plates, pins, and powder drops on the end of the container. It helps to have the info on the container.