PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice about Dragon

Boaz
07-31-2017, 11:31 AM
I was looking at the Dragon naturally speaking program . I speak archaic Texan , yea...bout as redneck as they come . Wondering if anyone had experience with this program that has Southern or other accent ?

sawinredneck
07-31-2017, 12:15 PM
I had it on my iPhone, I'm from Kaaanzazss, I no longer have that app, 'nuff said?

JasonYbarbo
07-31-2017, 12:35 PM
We tried it at work for one of our girls from Carthage and it would not work but she really has an accent.

Boaz
07-31-2017, 12:35 PM
Yaa beins how us ol ones tolk I didn figer it to be much count . Preciate your imput !

Boaz
07-31-2017, 12:37 PM
We tried it at work for one of our girls from Carthage and it would not work but she really has an accent.

They say the more you 'break it in' the better it works ?

Markopolo
07-31-2017, 12:39 PM
I can tell you something...

First of all, let me say that the app on the tablet or phone, is nothing like the program on a PC. If you have the PC version, it will learn to deal with your southern drawwwwwwlllllll... if you would like to learn how, pm me... I can help ya. Being retired I.T nerd, anything not understood, can seem like magic... this is one of them cases...

Marko

DCP
07-31-2017, 12:54 PM
Windows 10 has a free one

sawinredneck
07-31-2017, 12:56 PM
I kinda figured there would be a difference as the apps are free, the program is rather pricey!

DCP
07-31-2017, 12:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4dIAV4E2UA

Boaz
07-31-2017, 01:31 PM
I thank you for your input ! Guess I'll skip Dragon .

runfiverun
07-31-2017, 03:20 PM
you could just move to NO-Dakota dontyaknow.
the Texas drawl would mediate itself out in about 6 months.

sawinredneck
07-31-2017, 05:15 PM
My oldest sister grew up in Kaaaanzass, moved to N'arlens, then to No'fok Vigiinya. The NY cab drivers have a heck of a time understanding her and figuring out where she's from!

Preacher Jim
07-31-2017, 05:28 PM
Boaz all i can say was dragon did not like me but you have heard me and my drawl .
My doctor loved it but it sure wrote some funny ailments on my reports.

Boaz
07-31-2017, 09:22 PM
you could just move to NO-Dakota dontyaknow.
the Texas drawl would mediate itself out in about 6 months.

Naw , lived in other states several times . Every time I opened my mouth they said.....what part of Texas you from ! I lived in Tacoma Washington for bout a year in the early 70's and had a heck of a time takin to folks . Don't care to change ...them other folks need to talk right ? lol

Boaz
07-31-2017, 09:37 PM
My gramma on dad's side when I was 5 or 6 .
You pick up em purtys in's time we go . you do it .! She drove a wagon from South Texas to Indian Territory In the late 1890's . Gave birth to her first born by herself in a dry camp near Saint Jo Texas . She named the girl Babe who ended up being my aunt babe . LOL I ain't ashamed of my beginnings . My dad was born in a dugout near Stage stand in Indian Territory . I'm proud of those that got me here .

castalott
07-31-2017, 10:02 PM
I worked with a crew from various places once.... Men from Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, Maine, and who knows where else. They could talk to each other just fine but I had no idea what they said. I watched em all order breakfast once and the waitress brought them what they wanted but it wasn't what I thought they ordered. Good men everyone BUT they used words I never heard of....

Being from Southern Illinois...people from Chicago think I am from Texas.... people from Texas swear I am from Chicago....go figure....

Boaz
07-31-2017, 10:26 PM
LOl ! I understand . I miss the accents and regional dialect from different parts of the country . In days gone by it was interesting to hear the accents and caused curiosity . It bound us more as a nation accepting one another . As a child I learn in adherently to expect to 'decipher ' when people form another state talked . Heck ! It wasn't that hard !

tommag
07-31-2017, 11:33 PM
Ifn y'all could larn how to pawk the caw afore fishin the crick, y'all would, like, totally have a grasp on the English language as spoken here. Ifn you get into that spotted dick language they use in britain, it'll only further confuse you, eh.