07-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Congratulations to the Ft. Benning Team!:Fire:

GO ARMY!:drinks:

45nut
07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.nrahq.org/compete/champ3.asp

Hip's Ax
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, those AMU folks sure can shoot 3P. I only shot the individual 3P and while the Teams were shooting I was getting ready for prone practice. Man, was it HOT during position.

"Hmmmm, its 95 degrees and I think I'll put on another full set of clothing over what I'm already wearing...."

LOL. :veryconfu

Doc Highwall
07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
It has been awhile since I have been to Camp Perry, and that was with a M-14. August 1st 2000 I got hurt at work and in 2003 I had my shoulder and neck operated on and not being able to shoot in the prone position I went to the Tuesday night rifle matches anyway with my Ruger MKII. When I was there one of my teammates introduced me to a 10 year old girl and her father that wanted to learn how to shoot smallbore prone and I said ok. I asked her are you a girl, and she said yes. I asked her are you my friend and she said yes. I said good now that makes you my girl friend, I got the biggest smile out of her that she looked like a cheshire cat from Alice in wonder land. I will never forget that smile on her face till I die. Now I ask hows my good looking girlfriend doing when I see her and her dad. To make a long story short we have become good friends. Now for the important part, in 2005 her and her dad (and mom) went to Camp Perry for the first time and she was the Smallbore Prone Sub-Jr National Champion. In 2006 she did it again and was the youngest woman in U.S. history to make the Randle Team. In 2007 she was near the top, and she is the 2008 junior champion, and again made the Randle team. She has done excellent, in four years at Perry she has won three times and has been to the Olympic training camp three times for both air rifle and small bore. I wonder who's head has swelled the most, hers for doing it, her dad and mom's, or mine for being a part of it. Her name is Claudia Duksa.

10-x
07-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Durn near brings tears to my eyes..............You deserve a medal.
Young shooters are our future as well as the 2nd Amendments .
Never refuse a "youngun" a chance to shoot:Fire: