PDA

View Full Version : CH Swageomatic Press Frames

lightload
07-28-2017, 02:13 AM
Ebay has a listing for 3 press frames or bodies for the above. They are advertised as new old stock, and $40 plus shipping takes all 3. Typing in ch pulls them up.

Wayne Smith
07-28-2017, 07:53 AM
If you wanna buy them give Dave Davidson a call (CH4D). Last I talked to him he still had some parts and pieces for the CH stuff. Like a room full, to listen to him!

runfiverun
07-28-2017, 10:15 AM
don't do it.
that 40$ will be more like 4500$ before your done.
just a fair warning.

gwpercle
07-28-2017, 02:18 PM
don't do it.
that 40$ will be more like 4500$ before your done.
just a fair warning.

Are you insinuating that little projects like this tend to snowball....sounds like you've been down that road also . My little projects always wind up costing a lot more than I figured.
Check what you will need , and if Dave has the parts...how much for them and shipping.
Now that would be the smart thing...forget that and start bidding...one hour is left and no one has bid on it !

abunaitoo
07-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Looks like an expensive project.
Wonder what happened to all the missing parts.

mdi
07-28-2017, 03:35 PM
An aside; I thought referencing anything on ebay was forbidden??? I got a dire "warning" when I did it...

HATCH
07-28-2017, 03:44 PM
An aside; I thought referencing anything on ebay was forbidden??? I got a dire "warning" when I did it...

No you got a 'verbal' warning for posting a link.
You got a infraction for continued action after.
Basically almost what your about to do here.

It is against the rules to post a link to a EBay Auction.
What the OP did is just mention what was up there.
Did not link directly to a specific auction.

Now back on topic, I would price out the parts required to complete the frames and you may find out that it's cheaper to just purchase complete units.

TNsailorman
07-28-2017, 09:53 PM
I saw the add some time ago and did the math about putting the 3 back in working order. After checking on the price for the needed pieces, it came to more than I was willing to pay. I could buy 3 used complete presses for less and decided against bidding. I don't like the idea of winding up with a $100.00 plus press that I could have bought for $35.00 to $45.00 and $13.00 shipping. james