PDA

View Full Version : Six treatments

Tom W.
07-24-2017, 07:46 PM
The last time I went to Cancer Treatment Center of America was my sixth round of chemo. Wednesday I have to go back by myself as my wife is working, and I'll get a CAT scan. The hospital has a hotel so I
will stay overnight, and Thursday I'll see my oncologist. The last visit he
Said that six treatments was the piviot point, the chances of living six to ten more years was only .1% different between six or twelve treatments.
So far all of my blood tests have been good. I suppose the CAT scan will tell. Then I'll leave it up to the doctor. He knows more about it than I do. God already has it in His hands. I'm not scared, but am tired of the " green apple quick step..". And I'm down to just below 200 pounds now. I can see my feet !

Boaz
07-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Tom I'm glad your round of chemo is over and am praying for positive test results brother ! . I will be praying for you ! Please update us on the results when its convenient for you .

GhostHawk
07-24-2017, 09:20 PM
Best of luck to you!

Bzcraig
07-24-2017, 11:12 PM
Godspeed Tom.

mwhite49
07-24-2017, 11:46 PM
You'll beat it Tom. Just don't give up.

Dennis Eugene
07-24-2017, 11:48 PM
Not most of us, but all of us are in your corner Tom. Good luck and God bless. Dennis

hardcase54
07-25-2017, 02:48 AM
Been through 3 rounds of six treatments each. Man does it change your life. Had my left large lobe of lung removed also. I go for my second Scan Thur. The first one showed a large reduction in 4 of 5 places.
So I wish you all the good luck and God's blessings.

toallmy
07-25-2017, 04:59 AM
I am going in this morning for the tenth , three day treatment two more to go after this one . Keep up the fight gentlemen , and God bless .

Pine Baron
07-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Tom, I'll be praying for, brother. Keep your chin up, you got this.

Boaz
07-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Praying for all you guys .

w5pv
07-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Praying for your wellbeing Tom

smoked turkey
07-25-2017, 10:56 AM
I am praying for you Tom, and all the others who are affected by this terrible disease. Lord grant peace and healing to all.

buckwheatpaul
07-25-2017, 05:53 PM
Tom, Pray that all goes well with your doctor visit....

May God be with you and your doctor as he reviews your results with you. May he take all confusion and fears away during this meeting. May He hold you both in the palms of His hands. AMEN

Virginia John
07-25-2017, 06:09 PM
My prayers are also with you. I hope you get great results.

Hickok
07-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Praying for all you guys .I will pray to that. God's best for all of you in the Name Of Jesus!

Tom W.
07-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Well, I had my blood drawn and my CAT scan today. For some reason I'm really sleepy. Tomorrow I'll see the oncologist and see what he says.

edadmartin
07-26-2017, 05:45 PM
I dont know you but yet I do.
I just finished my last planned hormone shot,which is to my suprise a milder chemo shot. Ive been dealing with cancer for ten years now.it is a lonely battle. You just have to keep plugging forward.if you dont know Jesus Christ its time to.no reason to try to handle cancer all by your self. Prayers and Gods grace for you buddy.

Tom W.
07-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Ed, I've been saved since 1973...... I know who's in charge.....Christ first, my wife second......:bigsmyl2:.

Boaz
07-26-2017, 07:57 PM
LOL ! Your good brother !

Tom W.
07-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Well, I have good news and so so news. The good news is that my blood work is great except for a slight deficiency of magnesium. The CAT scan came out great, no sign of cancer. However, my oncologist suggested that I have six more bouts of chemo. I said okay and had one today. I was in from about 1100 to 1900.. then I got my weekend chemo pump and went home. I have to be back Saturday @ 1600 to have it removed. I'm not looking forward to more chemotherapy, but really it isn't all that bad. Losing a bit of weight (down to 197 today) and feel fatigued and lethargic a lot, but generally well. I lose my voice towards the end of the day without having to scream. It just "frogs up" and I sound really gravelly, but it doesn't hurt. I sound like that tattooed long haired guy that is on ads for Sling TV.

Boaz
07-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Tom I know it's a bummer to do more treatments brother but the results are good ! Hang in and finish this . I am so glad to hear the improvement that's been done . I'm waiting to hear you say it's done but till then keep us up to date on progress . Still praying .

Tom W.
07-27-2017, 11:28 PM
Don't ever stop praying. Even if you forget my name and pray for old whatzhizname, God will know!

Boaz
07-28-2017, 06:24 AM
I'll keep praying Tom but keep refreshing this prayer request so everyone will know of the need and that it still exists . Prayer will happen . Thank you for making us aware of the need !

daloper
07-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Father God. I praise you for the good report that came form Tom. As he goes through another round of chemo I pray that you will be with him and pour your grace upon him. Give his body the healing that he needs. Give him strength for his body and mind while he goes through this. Cover him with your healing hands. Give wisdom to the doctors so that the decisions that they make are what Tom needs. You God, can give Tom the healing that he needs. I ask this in the name of your son and our savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

Boaz
07-28-2017, 07:07 AM
Amen .

dverna
07-28-2017, 07:09 AM
Just saw the post. Great news Tom!!

Your attitude is wonderful. That, and God's will, influence the future. Prayers for you.

Pine Baron
07-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Prayers continue.

Tom W.
07-29-2017, 06:26 PM
I and my wife went up today to get the pump removed. My next treatment starts the 10th. I feel kinda pukey now so will probably go to sleep shortly. In two or three days I'll be feeling better. Thanks guys, and continue with the prayers. Remember that this is putting a lot of stress on Lori, so don't forget to add her....

Boaz
07-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Lord be close to Tom and his family . Work through his medical care team to give him relief and recovery through you . Thank you for all you have done for him Lord . Continue to build him up . Thank you . Amen

retread
07-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Tom,

I have been down that same road. Those follow up chemo treatments are your insurance. It's a pain but you will make it. My prayers and thoughts are with you and I know what Lori is going through. It was tough on my wife, but she is a trooper and was with me all the way through. It says a lot that you see what her burdens are also. Trust in our Lord and things will work out. God Bless you both.

Jay

Blackwater
08-01-2017, 10:20 PM
I recently lost a dear friend to cancer, but also, an old high school classmate's wife got a report that her cancer was completely gone now! The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." I haven't gotten here for a few days, but always pray for those with new prayer requests, even if I can't call their names. You've got a wonderful group of true believers here praying for you. May God bestow his richest blessings and a great healing upon you and all the rest fighting this dreaded disease. Your spirit shows in your words, and FWIW, from what I've seen, those with your type of attitude seem to fare much better than those with a "woe is me" type attitude. I have faith that God will be very good to you. And we'll all keep praying as long as there's a need. Thanks for letting us do this for you. Praying for others helps instill the thought within us, "There but for the Grace of God go I." And indeed, many of us will likely share your present burden in time. I hope we face it as well as you have. An example of faith as you have provided us is a wondrous thing. So thank YOU for that! We all need inspiration, and you obviously have provided that to us all here. Thanks.